What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

newman

First Grade
I don't understand why? You get to watch two brilliant games of top notch RL for the price of one (Same goes for Cronulla fans who'll walk out after there match BTW).

Because I want to go to the pub. I've no interest in the other game.

yobbo84

Coach
first of all, its not 2 for 1. Tickets for the double header are all 50% more expensive than the other semis.

Second, its being done because we deserve our own home final. It is a massive insult to have our earned right taken away to try and boost attendance figures to the bloody 5th vs 8th match up (which would have drawn 20,000 on its head at Shark Park).

If roosters fans turn up to the first game and make this a "success", then we'll never play another week 1 home final ever again. Ergo, we are trying to ensure huge chunks of empty seats are in plain sight all around the ground to ensure it embarrasses the NRL into not doing this again.

How will Roosters fan react *if* we end up playing each other at a Roosters home preliminary final and the NRL play it at ANZ Stadium?

Danish

Referee
How will Roosters fan react *if* we end up playing each other at a Roosters home preliminary final and the NRL play it at ANZ Stadium?

No issue with that at all. Such a game would push 80,000 and only an absolute asshole would want to lock 35000 fans out of attending

Now if we ended up with the other prelim being Melbourne vs cowboys and the NRL decided to have a preliminary double header at ANZ on the other hand... :sarcasm:

papabear

Juniors
Whether you agree with it (double header) or not, Danish, walking away is not the right response and you know this.

If you want put your big boy pants on and admit it.

Danish

Referee
Whether you agree with it (double header) or not, Danish, walking away is not the right response and you know this.

If you want put your big boy pants on and admit it.

What exactly is wrong with the response? I think its a pretty damned awesome and committed protest against a rushed and bullshit decision.

Personally I have stuff on and can't make the 20s, so I'll just be rocking up at 6:50, as a lot of others are doing.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Good on them. The Roosters fans have every right to send a strong message to the NRL about this bullsh!t decision to make sure it never happens again.

I hate the Roosters more than most but they must stand up to what is a huge slap in the face to their fans.

Respect.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think a double header is the way forward, might avoid the embarrasing crowd like we had for the Manly 2011 game. Put it at ANZ, make it at adecent time on a saturday, don't fleece the fans, have some entertainment outside and food stalls etc so you can go out between games, have the middle sideline seats reserved for the members sections. Would only work best when there is sydney v sydney games, could get 60k+ to a great day of footy. Stick in U20's first and you could have 3-4 games played in one day, what a footy feast!

What better way to KO the Finals series in Sydney than a Saturday Fiesta of Footy?

Dread

Juniors
Double header is royally f**ked. I was relatively happy to stick around for the later game, but not with the hour and a half break.

I've heard that the Sharks supporters are running a few buses out there game and all will be returning after the early game.

*Paul*

Juniors
Week 1 attendances since 1999, naturally there a lot of variables

74,897 1999
86,284 2000
72,880 2001
91,332 2002
74,793 2003
89,759 2004
90,974 2005
104,457 2006
88,086 2007
71,015 2008
87,925 2009
92,583 2010
123,391 2011
101,927 2012

Card Shark

Immortal
Double header is royally f**ked. I was relatively happy to stick around for the later game, but not with the hour and a half break.

Me too - 3/4 hr tops would've been enough.

15 min if golden point & 1/2 hr warm up for 2nd game.

Good on the roosters fans for protesting. Anyway, we don't want em there for our game unless they supporting the sharks ;)

Brutus

Referee
Good on them. The Roosters fans have every right to send a strong message to the NRL about this bullsh!t decision to make sure it never happens again.

I hate the Roosters more than most but they must stand up to what is a huge slap in the face to their fans.

Respect.

I agree.

Well done Chooks fans. I hope all the Sharks fans piss off after their game as well.

Leave plenty of spare seats. I would love to see a banner along the lines of "double headers in finals are evil"

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Why would it be at shark park? lol. you all whinged when we "locked out" parra fans from kogarah when it didn't even sell out.

Card Shark

Immortal
I agree.

Well done Chooks fans. I hope all the Sharks fans piss off after their game as well.

Don't worry, most will. Whoever made the decision fails to understand people support 1 team & 1 team only.

If we lose, I'd say every single sharks supporter will go. Season over...who gives a f**k then.

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors

Respect.

Yes in all fairness I probably shouldn't complain about attending the game on a Friday night again after what the Roosters copped. I had a look at the seating allocations too which absolutely sux for all teams and I wouldn't blame any club supporters if they just decided to stay home for this game and give the NRL the middle finger back.

Funny how the NRL have came out to defend this double header publicly when in reality they were pushed into it. The AFL must be having a good laugh at this and the NRL.

I guess attendances talk and bullshit walks so until more people start attending NRL games AFL will always get first preference at times like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts