What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapper

First Grade
Yes in all fairness I probably shouldn't complain about attending the game on a Friday night again after what the Roosters copped. I had a look at the seating allocations too which absolutely sux for all teams and I wouldn't blame any club supporters if they just decided to stay home for this game and give the NRL the middle finger back.

Funny how the NRL have came out to defend this double header publicly when in reality they were pushed into it. The AFL must be having a good laugh at this and the NRL.

I guess attendances talk and bullshit walks so until more people start attending NRL games AFL will always get first preference at times like this.

Yeah once our crowd nimbers get higher we'll be able to have a lot more leverage in this argument.

And what do the braniacs here want to do? Only go to one game as some sort of "protest" which won't make the bigger crowd needed to justify never having one of these ever again. Genius move, fellas. :roll:

Jason Maher

Immortal
There was scope for a double header, but it had to be at ANZ. And not with a massive break between the games.

I echo what Flapper said. It seems a lot of Rugby League supporters have very little attachment to the game itself, but only care about their team. I can't understand it. I've been to several sporting matches involving teams I don't support. If I ever had the opportunity to attend a finals double header, I'd be there with bells on, and I wouldn't care which teams were playing.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
There was scope for a double header, but it had to be at ANZ. And not with a massive break between the games.

That's it in a nutshell.

Wouldn't be a double header with the dogs involved though. That decision by Greenberg wouldn't have been so "innovative". ;-)

shaggs

Coach
As if the 4pm game will kick of at 4. More likely 415. Either way there is no way it finishes before 6. 15mins for golden point if needed, then 15 mins of dead time, filled with cheerleaders or inflatable balls and relay races.

Team will start to warm up at 630ish. It's not really much longer than between NYC and nrl during the year.

If I could attend I would, for both games.

Initially I thought the double header was crap but now I really envy the four teams fans, I wish we had a double header with Souths and Melbourne.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seems to be a lot of people on this forum who don't really seem to like watching Rugby League.

I remember in 99 or something we have a double header got pumped by Parra 1st game. It was so hard to watch the second game. That was round 1 not my team getting knocked out and wasn't a 90 min break either

Moffo

Referee
How pissed will people get by the end of the night? There'll be drunk dickheads fighting everywhere

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I remember in 99 or something we have a double header got pumped by Parra 1st game. It was so hard to watch the second game. That was round 1 not my team getting knocked out and wasn't a 90 min break either

01 I'm pretty sure it was.

I went to that game and left a few minutes into the second game.

franklin2323

Immortal
01 I'm pretty sure it was.

I went to that game and left a few minutes into the second game.

Yeah. I stayed until halftime or something in the 2nd game it was punish and that was round 1. I will go this week as we play NYC I won't wait an hour for some footy though so if the games aren't closer together I will go home

Teddyboy

First Grade
The NRL are stupid but nothing can change that it will be a double header so why don't you all just go and enjoy the 2 games of Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts