What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Should get AT LEAST 25k at Homebush today. Cronulla probably 12-13k.

Tomorrow nights game could surprise IMO. It could well draw 17k-18k which is great for a Monday Night. Bank Holiday tomorrow will also help.

Chook Norris

First Grade
24k is good... but not good enough
two sydney teams, brilliant sunday arvo, should've at the LEAST gotten 25k

i don't get it..

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh i was expecting a bit more, really games like this should be getting 30k at least

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
50/50 is generous. There wouldn't of been more than 10K Souths fans at the ground in my estimation.

My only conclusion is that, across several Souths message boards, many fans indicated that they do not go to Bulldogs games. Perhaps the message boards represent a better cross-section of fans than I had figured. Because on a beautiful Sunday afternoon (our first Sunday arvo home game in Sydney in 2009) on the back of three straight wins and fighting for our season we should of had more people at the game.

ByRd

First Grade
Why wouldnt they go??? we have not had any major incidents for a number of yrs now and the club has cleaned up its image on and off the field, that is just an old excuse other fans continue to use.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Don't ask me, if you are directing the question at me. The lowest human filth on the planet Earth is found on the hills at Leichhardt and Brookvale, not the terraces of ANZ...unless Manly or Wests are playing.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Crowd was around 24k at ANZ, pretty much split 50/50 id say

No way it was 50/50.

Souths had about 8 - 10K
Dogs had bout 10 - 12K
2k are just there coz someone dragged them along.

and 2 of us, that were supporting a good day at the footy.

ByRd

First Grade
Don't ask me, if you are directing the question at me. The lowest human filth on the planet Earth is found on the hills at Leichhardt and Brookvale, not the terraces of ANZ...unless Manly or Wests are playing.
Nah it was just a general question, i hate how people keep referring to that when nothing has happened in yrs

STG-MACCA

Bench
Nah it was just a general question, i hate how people keep referring to that when nothing has happened in yrs

Must admit, on my way out of gate K (opposite P1) today, there was a young souths female fan crying her eyes out and claiming she had just been "rolled" for her mobile phone. The police were in attendence.

f**king crazy this sh*t can happen INSIDE the stadium.

buster bunny

Juniors
People claiming souths were outnumbered must not have actually been at the game or were camped in the away section. Dont get me wrong there was a good turnout from bulldogs fans even though it took 65 minutes to actually hear them but to say they outnumbered souths is laughable.

I think there was scheduled track work on about five different train lines which could be blamed for a smaller than expected crowd.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
65 minutes to hear them? I was sitting right between the two groups and our fans made more noise most of the game. The only time you heard Souths was when they booed because their eyes can't comprehend 10 metres.

The "small" crowd I think mostly would've related to four other events in the Olympic Park precinct, multiple lines having trackwork around the area and the factory fire at Silverwater which may have changed a few peoples minds not only from a health perspective but also for traffic.

Timmah

Staff member
This round so far:

Dragons vs Storm @ Win Jubilee: 16,474
Titans vs Cowboys @ Skilled: 20,315
Raiders vs Broncos @ Canb: 10,200
Panthers vs Warriors @ CUA: 12,677
Knights vs Roosters @ EAS: 15,112
Sharks vs Eels @ Toyota: 12,246
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs @ ANZ: 24,217

Total so far: 111,241
Average thus far: 15,892

To come: Tigers vs Sea Eagles @ SFS - Mon 7pm

STG-MACCA

Bench
I was sitting behind the posts at the northern end, and I'm impartial to who was louder as I couldn't care to be honest, but for the first 30mins I only heard Souths piss poor attempts at chants from the burrow (which looked to have about 80 people in it, and looked down on numbers).

Only other noise was boo's from both fans and a couple of drums and clapping.

The Dogs fans at the southern end (on the 10m / 20m line) I couldn't hear until after the Goodwin try, then it was on for young and old with the Bulldogs chant.

Souths were 100% louder last week Vs the Roosters then they were today and I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere whilst Souths had a 12 point lead.

mave

Coach
Why wouldnt they go??? we have not had any major incidents for a number of yrs now and the club has cleaned up its image on and off the field, that is just an old excuse other fans continue to use.

The Bulldogs have really cleaned up their image, both on and off the field over the last couple of years (except for the bottles being thrown on the field this year), but there is no way I would bring my kids to a 'dogs home game. We pulled out of Round 1 this season for that reason.

Not trying to be offensive at all. The main concern I have is not actually at the ground, but the walk to the train and then the train trip back from Homebush, (depending on the result ). Given what happened in Rnd 1, we would have been fine :lol:.

Timmah

Staff member
What would actually happen though? Nothing any different to attending any other game anywhere else. Given some of the rubbish I've experienced and heard of in the streets of Brookvale, your analysis of our club and it's fans smacks of hypocrisy.