What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Brutus

Referee
Dogs v Souths should hopefully nudge 30k on a fine Sunday arvo.

Shame it hasn't received much publicity though thanks to cutie.

Red Bear

Referee
16474 i think it was at Kogarah despite a sellout being announced, alot mustnt have shown up. Looked a huge crowd on TV

drake

First Grade
16.5k is an awesome effort for a game against Melbourne in Sydney.

Sea of Red and White.

Beautiful.

mattyg

Bench
too bad dogs lost last week....could well have pushed 35k plus if it is a good day...hopefully it is sunny...if it is i think it will be close to 25-30k. TBH i'm sick of the papers announcing sell outs etc. when there is plenty of tickets left...i seen a bit of the Dragons game on telly and it looked PACKED!! good work to the dragons fans out there. To draw 15k+ against the storm in sydney is a good effort

babyg

Juniors
Looked awesome on TV last night. What's the capacity. Not big enough whatever it is.

Titans crowd was OK but should have got more. Titans are doing something wrong this year.

bobmar28

Bench
So tell me why the AFL have more pride in their suburbs names and NRL is become a nickname fest. Go on Foxsports, AFL ladder shows the location name, NRL all show nicknames. They occurs frequently in media print. With our so called proud district footy, why are teams commonly referred to by their nicknames? Can you tell me which district the suburbs Bulldogs and Roosters are located?

Who cares? Most supporters don't live in those suburbs anyway.

Brutus

Referee
16.5k is an awesome effort for a game against Melbourne in Sydney.

Sea of Red and White.

Beautiful.

You'd expect a top-of-the-table Dragons side to get 16.5 thou against another top-four side on a fine Friday night. Not many Melb fans around town, but they are great rivals with the Dragons and have some big names in their side.

They should pack all their remaining home games out in their 18-19k stadiums.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
does anyone else get the feeling that there are the exact same 9500 people in Canberra who go to the footy every game.... No one else

I reckon they could have ACDC play at half time, and the same 9500 people would be there

STG-MACCA

Bench
does anyone else get the feeling that there are the exact same 9500 people in Canberra who go to the footy every game.... No one else

I reckon they could have ACDC play at half time, and the same 9500 people would be there

Same could be said for a number of clubs in the NRL, and unfortunately until clubs put a huge amount of effort into locking people into season tickets, then it will remain this way.

Sure, teams have some supporters that pop out when they are winning, however not all clubs have a spare 10 - 20k sitting in the closet.

Brycey

Juniors
Looked awesome on TV last night. What's the capacity. Not big enough whatever it is.

Titans crowd was OK but should have got more. Titans are doing something wrong this year.

They have the most expensive ticket prices in the NRL

Chook Norris

First Grade
Beautiful day In Sydney today, hopefully we can see some good crowds at Cronulla and Homebush.
should at least get 25k.. will probably get 28<x<30k

---

So far in Round 21..

Dragons vs Storm @ Win Jubilee: 16474
Titans vs Cowboys @ Skilled: 20315
Raiders vs Broncos @ Canb: 10200
Panthers vs Warriors@ CUA: 12677
Knights vs Roosters@ EAS: 15112

Total so far: 74,778
Average thus far: 14,956

Latest posts