What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Electric_Eels

Juniors
Worrying thing is crowds have been static for a number of years with very little difference. Bringing the Titans in has helped the total and weekly avg, but generally there isn't much growth happening.

I think with all this "economic downturn" with people apparently staying at home more and with all the different media coverage on the scandals that have come through the year....crowds being the same is at the least, not a negative

Billythekid

First Grade
Worrying thing is crowds have been static for a number of years with very little difference. Bringing the Titans in has helped the total and weekly avg, but generally there isn't much growth happening.

We have kept crowds up this year and that's with the knights getting a stadium renovation and the storm getting a new stadium in the near future.

I expect the knights avg to go by about 5K once the stadium is finished and i expect in the near future the storms will go up by at least that much.

We have also seen some strong pushes for season ticket holders in Sydney lately and i expect we will start seeing the benefits of that in the next few years.

I expect by 2012 that the NRL's avg crowd will be up quite a bit.

Edit: I expect we could see growth in a few areas in the near future and i guess this is the best place to discuss it.

I think we will see the knights getting to a 20K+ average.

I think the storm could go above 17K in the next few years and maybe push to 20K plus in the medium term (say 5-8 years) as long as our form remains decent which i think it should.

I expect the dogs avg to go up. Last year ST went up quite a bit despite all their problems. This year following all their good form and ST prices remaining low i think they can smash through the 10,000 barrier.

I also expect to see some growth from souths again with their continued push.

I think we will see the gold coast titans eventually dropping their prices (possibly before the introduction of the AFL's team) to reasonable levels and hopefully their crowds will climb a bit.

Hopefully a few other clubs like canberra will continue their push for ST holders and we will see crowds go up.

Last edited:

dragondad

First Grade
St George Illa vs Brisbane - 16k
Wests Tigers vs Parra - 25k
Newcaslte vs Nth Qld - 17k
Penrith vs Souths - 15k
Tits vs Cronulla - 15k
NZ vs Canberra - 12k
Melbourne vs Manly - 13k
Bulldogs vs Sydney - 15k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Saints/Broncos - 17.5k
Tigers/Parra - 29k
Knights/Cows - 16k
Pemriff/Souffs - 11k
Titties/Fish - 18k
Wuzzas/Canb - 11k
Storm/Manly - 14k
Dogs/Syd - 19k

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Saints/Broncos - 17.5k
Tigers/Parra - 29k
Knights/Cows - 16k
Pemriff/Souffs - 11k
Titties/Fish - 18k
Wuzzas/Canb - 11k
Storm/Manly - 14k
Dogs/Syd - 19k
We got a tick over 13.5k on a Monday night last night. We won, and the fact Saturday is a much better timeslot (where was it that I read 5.30pm Saturday is our second choice in terms of gamedays), I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get 18k+ tbh...

dragondad

First Grade
I retract my statement about the crowd for Broncs game,i reckon 18k.Ticket sales going well and weather will be fine and 26 throughout the day.

Chook Norris

First Grade
St George Illa vs Brisbane - 17k
Wests Tigers vs Parra - 24k
Newcastle vs Nth Qld - 16.3k
Penrith vs Souths - 12k
Tits vs Cronulla - 17k
NZ vs Canberra - 11k
Melbourne vs Manly - 13k
Bulldogs vs Sydney - 14k

Teddyboy

First Grade
NRL should just have games on a weekend esp sunday afternoons but i think crowds have been very good esp in Sydney.

mattyg

Bench
St George Illa vs Brisbane - 16k
Wests Tigers vs Parra - 28k
Newcastle vs Nth Qld - 15k
Penrith vs Souths - 14k
Tits vs Cronulla - 16k
NZ vs Canberra - 9k
Melbourne vs Manly - 12k
Bulldogs vs Sydney - 18k

parano1a

Juniors
Very poor decision by the NRL scheduling Melbourne v Manly at the exact same time as a Collingwood home game is being played across the road. Many people support both the Pies and Storm, and the crowd will be at least 3,000 lower than would normally be expected because of this clash.

MsStorm

Bench
Very poor decision by the NRL scheduling Melbourne v Manly at the exact same time as a Collingwood home game is being played across the road. Many people support both the Pies and Storm, and the crowd will be at least 3,000 lower than would normally be expected because of this clash.

Very true, was going to post something on this myself.
Storm crowd will suffer from this scheduling as we do have a lot of supporters who follow both codes.

To make it worse, think there is another afl game at Etihad stadium on the same day.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Is Storm supportership mostly a Storm/Collingwood combination? As I understand it they're mostly known as a working class team aren't they. Would be interesting to see if the Storm have ever considered focussing their marketing along class lines as that seems to be a big thing down that way (at least if my room mate is anything to go by).

The final two Saints games are headed for near-capacity crowds.

This Friday night against Brisbane in Wollongong, all reserved seats are sold with only hill tickets remaining.

Friday fortnight against Parramatta in Kogarah, only 2 and a half bays of reserved seats are left in the Northern Terrace after which there will only be hill tickets remaining.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure on sales for the 'Dogs game. Haven't heard much about the special ticket offer since the initial release months ago... hope the 'Dogs start publicising it soon...

Red Bear

Referee
The final two Saints games are headed for near-capacity crowds.

This Friday night against Brisbane in Wollongong, all reserved seats are sold with only hill tickets remaining.

Friday fortnight against Parramatta in Kogarah, only 2 and a half bays of reserved seats are left in the Northern Terrace after which there will only be hill tickets remaining.
Thats a pretty bloody good effort, been a while since that was the case

ByRd

First Grade
And so the Dragons should be selling those grounds out, they dont hold that many and for a team on top, they should go close all the time so its good to hear the last 2 will pretty much be sell outs.

Latest posts