What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Eels Dude

Coach
You don't have to look into it to much. It's just a quick way to see how a crowd between 2 teams compared to previous years. I like it, if you see plenty of green you can take that as crowds generally being good.

I don't think it achieves anything it's just interesting and it looks better anyway ;-)

Fair enough good points. I spose I feel it would make equally as much sense just to compare Round 2 total crowds with Round 2 total crows as last year. Neither really given an accurate picture but might be interesting.

Digga Hole

Juniors
Fair enough good points. I spose I feel it would make equally as much sense just to compare Round 2 total crowds with Round 2 total crows as last year. Neither really given an accurate picture but might be interesting.

Timmah does the total comparison back to 2005 already and it is an interesting read.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yeah, great work Timmah

Like the colour idea, even though there are many factors.

Main one, imho so far is the right teams have been playing well. Dogs, Parra, Souths, Wests and to a lesser extent Saints are the Sydney sides that draw well. Last year, the first 4 went nowhere. So far this year, they have form

One Warrior

Bench
1500 temporary seats being put in at Mt Smart to bring capacity to close to 25000, tickets going fast, apparently already impossible to buy two seats together, always big crowds for Broncos games in Auckland, 23000+.:D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's nice. There's been a section set up for AFL types to come in and parade their crowds - it's called the Fight Club.

In the meantime, let's discuss NRL crowds and how to improve them, rather than having wankers in here putting them all down?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Footy Show mentioned Tigers v Roosters are expecting 30k.... Honestly I will be happy with 15k ... And its raining so I predict 12k...

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
I Just received an email from NRL that Junior Passes will not be accepted at Dragons vs Sharks game
All Reserved seating is sold and less than 3000 GA remains.

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
14,426 at SFS
Terrible for 2 teams that share a ground.
With the Roosters form they will have only family and friends when they play an out of town team

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why would any Tigers fan show up in that useless Wests Magpies strip. Fu@#ck off Magpies!

Did you watch the game mate... They wore their white heritage strip that looks nothin like the Wests Black and White jumper...

Still a sh*te crowd... Tigers should of let Roosters ST holders in for free...

Hindyscrack

Bench
14,426 at SFS
With the Roosters form they will have only family and friends when they play an out of town team

I think the Tigers crowds will hurt this year... Everyone bags ANZ, but it is a better location for the Tigers to play out of. SFS is no place for a team called WESTS Tigers (yes even if Balmain is inner west)

MsStorm

Bench
14,426 at SFS

This is a very embarrassing figure :shock: No wonder some people are calling for the heads of Sydney clubs.
Was that game shown live into Sydney? No games live against the gate ever.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I think the Tigers crowds will hurt this year... Everyone bags ANZ, but it is a better location for the Tigers to play out of. SFS is no place for a team called WESTS Tigers (yes even if Balmain is inner west)

The worrying thing is that tonight should of been their largest SFS crowd for the season... And realistically will be

On a positive note I thought tonights game was the best game to watch all year so far..

DINGb@T

Juniors
Think it was 19,850, give or take a dozen. Not a bad crowd but an extra thousand or two would have really pushed the atmosphere up that little bit extra.

MsStorm

Bench
Think it was 19,850, give or take a dozen. Not a bad crowd but an extra thousand or two would have really pushed the atmosphere up that little bit extra.

Now thats a fairly good crowd seeing they were playing a Sydney team.

big country

Juniors
I Just received an email from NRL that Junior Passes will not be accepted at Dragons vs Sharks game
All Reserved seating is sold and less than 3000 GA remains.

so if a family arrives on sunday with season tickets and amongst those are 2 junior passes, that those 2 kids will still have to pay despite the fact they possess season ticket junior passes? i hope i have interpreted this incorrectly?

taipan

Referee
When people bag Cronulla for getting crowds of 11,000(against Penrith and Newcastle monday night, hardly next door)on nights with thunder and lightning,suggest they take a long hard look at 14,000 odd at the SFS a little overcast no thunder nor lightning,between 2 sydney teams (home) ground last night.
It "aint a good look".

Latest posts