What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Evenflow

Bench
Either way great work from the Kiwis :clap: It's a shame they didn't get the win which would encourage many of them back.

It looks to be just an average crowd at Parra again. Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed and the sort of crowds they draw? Maybe i expect too much but being one of the perceived bigger Sydney clubs, their location in the city, i just think their sub standard crowds (IMO) just aren't good enough and believe they should really lift their game.

Brutus

Referee
Either way great work from the Kiwis :clap: It's a shame they didn't get the win which would encourage many of them back.

It looks to be just an average crowd at Parra again. Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed and the sort of crowds they draw? Maybe i expect too much but being one of the perceived bigger Sydney clubs, their location in the city, i just think their sub standard crowds (IMO) just aren't good enough and believe they should really lift their game.

They are considering reducing the capacity of Parra Stadium even further to 15k for next year.

Hoping for a 2k stadium by 2015 with the aim of getting sell-outs for every home match.

Loudstrat

Coach
Saturday night anyone?

Haven't seen the game - can't find the crowd stats. But it would be interesting to see other Sydney crowds at that time slot. Seems to work well in Townsville, melbourne and Auckland - and nowhere else. Parra's always best on Sunday arvo. Sadly, that's rare these days.

yakstorm

First Grade
They put the crowd up at 11,110 or 11,116 at Parramatta Stadium tonight... still a disappointing crowd for their first home game of the season.

Impressed with the number of Raiders fans there, and the amount of nose they made for a team still chasing a win.

Evenflow

Bench
Saturday night anyone?

Haven't seen the game - can't find the crowd stats. But it would be interesting to see other Sydney crowds at that time slot. Seems to work well in Townsville, melbourne and Auckland - and nowhere else. Parra's always best on Sunday arvo. Sadly, that's rare these days.

FFS cut your usual bullsh*t drivel when someone dares questions a Sydney crowd. 11 odd K is PISS POOR in anyone's language and even worse that it's the first game at home of the season. I can hear all the bullsh*t excuses "but they were playing an interstate side etc" but no matter which way you look at it, it was a sh*t crowd.

I don't want to see the demise of ANY Sydney side and everything that can be done should be done, but the supporters of these clubs should get off their fat lazy arses and give every indication they want their teams in the comp because the way some of them are acting it's like they couldnt give a sh*t.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Go f**k yourself gimp. We won, get over it princess.

Jersey looks tops
We did win. That was good. The jersey -> explained the crowd. I'm not turning up to watch a bunch of nancy boys in white.

For Wests Tigers to go forward, they must acknowledge the Maggots provide no fans, and are about to give way to AFL in the west!

Shame on the Westerns Suburbs for dragging the Tigers crowds down with! the white clown suit!

Last edited:

Bluebags1908

Juniors

Parramatta's crowd tonight was poor - and there's no excuses for that, BUT I wil say this in their defence: that the Raiders and the Cowboys have always drawn sh!t crowds at Parramatta Stadium. Parra's crowds against everyone else is pretty good. Expect a bumper crowd for their next home game on a Friday night against the Dragons.

If Parra play with any heart this year (unlike last year, and after 3 games this year they seem to be giving it their all), I would expect the Raiders crowd tonight to be their worst crowd of the season - except for maybe the Cowboys game in round 8!

Loudstrat

Coach
FFS cut your usual bullsh*t drivel when someone dares questions a Sydney crowd. 11 odd K is PISS POOR in anyone's language and even worse that it's the first game at home of the season. I can hear all the bullsh*t excuses "but they were playing an interstate side etc" but no matter which way you look at it, it was a sh*t crowd.

I don't want to see the demise of ANY Sydney side and everything that can be done should be done, but the supporters of these clubs should get off their fat lazy arses and give every indication they want their teams in the comp because the way some of them are acting it's like they couldnt give a sh*t.

And you made the crowd figure up to attack Sydney? Where's ya link Sydney hater?

And then refuse in advance to listen to reason?

Again, how have other Sydney teams fared with that friggin 5.30 Saturday timeslot?

I bet if it was in Canberra the crowd - whatever it was at Parra - wouldn't have been bigger. And no one would be demanding Canberra fans were lazy or Canberra should be punted.

Just another sad troll suffering from tall poppy syndrome against Sydney.

braz

Juniors
We did win. That was good. The jersey -> explained the crowd. I'm not turning up to watch a bunch of nancy boys in white.

For Wests Tigers to go forward, they must acknowledge the Maggots provide no fans, and are about to give way to AFL in the west!

Shame on the Westerns Suburbs for dragging the Tigers crowds down with! the white clown suit!

Yeah I think we need a gay purple strip across the middle of the jersey - Sydney Tigers style.

You didn't come to the game because we have a white jersey? You little bitch :lol:

AFL in the west :lol: Wests are going fine thanks. If you came to Birchgrove oval last weekend you would have seen that first hand.

Loudstrat

Coach
BTW, great jumper, Wests. The more memory we have of the mighty Magpies, the greater our code will be!

Would have been great to hear 'em belt out We are the boys from Wes-tern Suuuuuu-burbs again.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Yeah I think we need a gay purple strip across the middle of the jersey - Sydney Tigers style.

You didn't come to the game because we have a white jersey? You little bitch :lol:

AFL in the west :lol: Wests are going fine thanks. If you came to Birchgrove oval last weekend you would have seen that first hand.
Fu@#$dking White poo@#$fs. I think the gay purple stirp belongs to Melbourne. The Tigers keep moving further and further from the Cambo Crims. I wonder why.

Bye bye Wests. Hello Tigers :)

Only 3 games a year within cooee of cambo.... The beginning of the end?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
BTW, great jumper, Wests. The more memory we have of the mighty Magpies, the greater our code will be!

Would have been great to hear 'em belt out We are the boys from Wes-tern Suuuuuu-burbs again.
As a token reminder of Western Suburbs at the expense of the Balmain Tigers. I concur.

braz

Juniors
Fu@#$dking White poo@#$fs. I think the gay purple stirp belongs to Melbourne. The Tigers keep moving further and further from the Cambo Crims. I wonder why.

Bye bye Wests. Hello Tigers :)

Only 3 games a year within cooee of cambo.... The beginning of the end?

:lol:

No really :lol:

You're clearly not a Wests Tigers fan.

You need to spend less time dribbling sh*t and more time throwing money into the pokies at Balmain leagues club.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
:lol:

No really :lol:

You're clearly not a Wests Tigers fan.

You need to spend less time dribbling sh*t and more time throwing money into the pokies at Balmain leagues club.
balha blah. NOt a real fan ...

You can do better than that braz.

Hey, we won the game :) Take a chill pill.

The season is still on track, points wise at least.

Latest posts