What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

yeah. not a crash hot crowd.

i blame TV.

if you can watch it in your home or at the club....
your probably gunna watch it in your home or at the club.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I haven't got an official Canberra figure yet. Can't see one anywhere.

_Johnsy

Referee
13,329 @ Gong

very average crowd, it seems the wollongong locals just dont support the side. Lets see the crowd at kogarah next week, should be a sellout. If the gong locals dont support the side, take games away from them.

Timmah

Staff member
Can't wait for Kogarah :D Got my hill ticket, Mrs has a Kogarah membership. Fond memories of the hill, games against Cronulla, Parra and the 'Dogs a few years back, mostly in the rain.

Hope that's not an omen :lol:

Wait, good news :D:

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/carlton

Sun 29 Mar
TOP of 28, Mostly Sunny

Knightmare

Coach
Even I would be making every effort to get to Kogarah for that one, were it not for the fact that, for a rare time, the Knights will be playing a mere 40 minutes walk from my place at the same time.

Timmah

Staff member
It takes you 40 minutes?

Oh yeah, stupid f**king breakwater :x

dragondad

First Grade
Cant wait for next Sunday.

I remember that Eels game,8-1 in the pooring rain,what a night!I wish it stayed 2-1.

I remember the Dogs game,what an amazing rain,a game that kept changing and it felt like a semi final.

Cronulla on the hill in 2007 was a bad night,we got jipped when we had an early lead but Cronulla got back into the game from a blatant forward pass,and Stanley almost won it for us at the death.

Timmah

Staff member
Emailed the Raiders for a crowd figure. They came back and confirmed earlier reports of 13,100.

Crowds R2:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ 20,871
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp 36,647
Dragons v Titans @ WIN W'gong 13,329
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA 16,846
Cowboys v Tigers @ DFS 19,879
Raiders v Roosters @ Canberra 13,100
Sea Eagles v Warriors @ Brookvale 16,307

7 games, 136,979 fans, 19,568 average.

Knightmare

Coach
It takes you 40 minutes?

Oh yeah, stupid f**king breakwater :x

Don't get me started. I'd love to kick the arse of whoever it was who had the bright idea to build a causeway over Brisbane water instead of saving the money and making the railway line curve around the land-line with an additional station at West Gosford! :x

Billythekid

First Grade
Emailed the Raiders for a crowd figure. They came back and confirmed earlier reports of 13,100.

Crowds R2:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ 20,871
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp 36,647
Dragons v Titans @ WIN W'gong 13,329
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA 16,846
Cowboys v Tigers @ DFS 19,879
Raiders v Roosters @ Canberra 13,100
Sea Eagles v Warriors @ Brookvale 16,307

7 games, 136,979 fans, 19,568 average.

Every one of those figures are disappointing though on different levels.

Timmah

Staff member
Rabbitohs v Eels - disappointing on the grounds of the fact Rabbits had scored 52 points the week before. And Parra's first home game. Having said that, 20k is still a good crowd by any standards.
Broncos v Storm - should've filled the stadium.
Dragons v Titans - I don't know where another 5k could fit. The hill was FULL.
Panthers v Bulldogs - not disappointing IMO.
Cows v Tigers - not disappointing IMO. 8:30pm kickoff probably cost them a bit, but still a great crowd.
Canberra v Sydney Roosters - still a couple more thousand than their previous season averages. Thought maybe 14 or 15 would be the go though.
Manly v Warriors - great crowd given the negative press around the club, the previous weeks bad loss and out-of-town opposition. Not disappointing in my book.

Latest posts