What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

braz

Juniors
BTW, great jumper, Wests. The more memory we have of the mighty Magpies, the greater our code will be!

Would have been great to hear 'em belt out We are the boys from Wes-tern Suuuuuu-burbs again.

Mate - we're proudly displayed on the sleeve of the Wests Tigers. Continuing to produce as many quality juniors for the Tigers in the NRL as we can.

Best club song ever ;-)

Loudstrat

Coach
Best club song ever ;-)

Yeah, it bloody was too!

Funny, it reminds me of the episode of Roy and HG's Club Buggery where they had Tommy singing a Dean Martin love song while demolishing a house with a sledgehammer!

Loudstrat

Coach
Very good crowd at Gosford for 2 teams with inconsistent early season form - and crowd wise an away game for both.

Round 3 - 2112. Packed out - guaranteed. (After Round 1 - Bears 52 Broncos 6 at Suncorp, and Round 2, Bears 68 manly 0 at Brookie) :)

Kurt Angle

First Grade
disgraceful

two teams just up the road, and able to bring fans and the best they can manage is a couple hundred more than Melbournes home game where no away fans go

Obviously the CC doesn't want an NRL enough

Shame Gosford shame

yakstorm

First Grade
Very good crowd at Gosford for 2 teams with inconsistent early season form - and crowd wise an away game for both.

Round 3 - 2112. Packed out - guaranteed. (After Round 1 - Bears 52 Broncos 6 at Suncorp, and Round 2, Bears 68 manly 0 at Brookie) :)

I don't think Brookvale will still be standing in 103 years time....

Chook Norris

First Grade

rubbish, msot were expecting at the least 17k

Loudstrat

Coach
Sydney crowds:

Sydney v Sydney clubs:
FRIDAY NIGHT
Souths v Parra 20 871
Wests v Easts 14 426
SATURDAY NIGHT
Canterbury v Manly - 19 791
Sharks v Penrith 10 617
Penrith v Canterbury 16 846
SUNDAY
Easts v Souths 24 486
Saints v Sharks 21 000

Average: 18291
Average Fri Night 17648
Average Sat Night 15751
Average Sunday: 22743

Only after 3 rounds, but so far, Sunday arvo is the clear favorite.

Interesting to see the evidence as the season develops for or against a return to Sunday footy.

yakstorm

First Grade
In fairness though, so far Sunday afternoon has had two big Sydney derbies, ones you would expect large crowds to attend.

As for Saturday night, 2 of the 3 were rain affected, whilst i'd be almost prepared to say Friday Night Football has lost a lot of its appeal, based upon the crowds its drawn so far.

I do agree there should be a least one more day game a round, 2 out of 8 is too few.

lockyno1

Post Whore
disgraceful

two teams just up the road, and able to bring fans and the best they can manage is a couple hundred more than Melbournes home game where no away fans go

Obviously the CC doesn't want an NRL enough

Shame Gosford shame

Would you want to watch Souths, and I mean this in the best possible way. They hardly played great footy in Round 2..

lockyno1

Post Whore
In fairness though, so far Sunday afternoon has had two big Sydney derbies, ones you would expect large crowds to attend.

As for Saturday night, 2 of the 3 were rain affected, whilst i'd be almost prepared to say Friday Night Football has lost a lot of its appeal, based upon the crowds its drawn so far.

I do agree there should be a least one more day game a round, 2 out of 8 is too few.

5 out of 8 should be afternoon games.

2 afternoon games on Sunday

2 afternoon games on Saturday and a Twilight game starting at 4pm on Saturday.

Then you can still have your Monday night footy, and your two on Friday to suit TV. Afternoon footy is much better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 3 so far:

Tigers v Roosters @ SFS 14,426
Titans v Bulldogs @ Skilled 19,854
Warriors v Broncos @ Mt Smart 24,538
Eels v Raiders @ Parramatta 11,110
Cowboys v Storm @ DFS 21,489
Rabbitohs v Knights @ Bluetongue 15,227
Dragons v Sharks @ WIN Jubilee 20,847

Total 127,491 Average 18,213

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Thought there was abput 17 K or more at Gosford, the GA area was packed as was the tv camera side of the field.

I would love to know how many tickets were sold at Gosford as they wouldve had a large chunk of the 8300 STH's not travel up the F3 and they wouldnt have been able to sell those tickets either.
Souths have never drew big crowds at Gosford, only when they play the local team Newcastle do they break 12K up there.
Hopefully the Gosford games will end in the near future.

ByRd

First Grade
Timmah is there anyway that you can have a post on the first page keeping the figures up to date as you have in the past??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No point, not a mod in this section so I can only update posts up to 30 days old. Every time I post the final stats for the Round (I.e. tomorrow night) I'll include all the previous rounds.

Latest posts