What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

ByRd

First Grade
loll i really hope we can pass 25k tomorrow night.

I am guessing we will be in the low 20's but would not be surprised if if got close to 30k with a fresh era, Hazem being close to the record, point to prove from last year and against the Premiers. Im hoping for at least 25k.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm expecting 25K plus for the doggies. As timmah said season ticket holders are up and surely in the form Manly are in there will be plenty of away support.

I realize that most are tipping low twenties for roosters vs the rabbits but i think that would be really disappointing. I'm not saying i expect otherwise but surely this sort of matchup should be aiming for 30K+.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowds:
Storm v Dragons @ Olympic Park 14,870
Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp 45,022

Average of 29,946 so far. Not bad :lol:

For comparison's sake in Melbourne, the NAB Cup pre-season Grand Final got 37k through the Etihad Stadium gates.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Crowds:
Storm v Dragons @ Olympic Park 14,870
Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp 45,022

Average of 29,946 so far. Not bad :lol:

For comparison's sake in Melbourne, the NAB Cup pre-season Grand Final got 37k through the Etihad Stadium gates.

AFL will be filthy with that figure...Both teams have about 70k Members... Storm and NBL grand final may have cut into it a bit...

Sounds bad but I would have bet money we would be at a 30k average on sat morning.. not much off spose

Danish

Referee
Wasn't the brissy game billed as a sellout all week??

Pretty piss weak crowd when compared to past crowds for this local derby, particularly in round 1.

Kiki

First Grade
they had 45,000 people there...thats a great effort. awesome crowd in Melbourne too.

Danish

Referee
It would be a great effort in Sydney.

In Brisbane, against the cowboys, a game that has drawn 50,000+ the last few times at Suncorp it is a poor result IMO. Particularly given all the press during the week about it being a sell out.

camsmith

Juniors
AFL will be filthy with that figure...Both teams have about 70k Members... Storm and NBL grand final may have cut into it a bit...

Sounds bad but I would have bet money we would be at a 30k average on sat morning.. not much off spose

70,000? combined maybe? Says a lot that the AFL might be disappointed to only be a few thousand under capacity for a preseason game.

Great crowd tonight for the Storm and for once I think the figure of 14,800 is right. Unlike the usual 3,000 or so less than it looks (The crowd tonight would have in 2008 been reported as 12,500).

Congrats to the large section of Dragons fans for making it down too.

Good average so far, although now we have the Sydney teams coming up and their usual mid-teen crowds.

Oh and CumberlandThrow, got the tatts numbers handy?

i dunno what it was like up the top but the bottom was full there was like 40 people standing behind me cause there was no seats left

i think there was more than 15000 too

In-goal

Bench

?????? What are you on about????

Don't forget that the NAB Cup final is something of a glorified practice match for the AFL, let's not compare apples with grappes.

Why did you even bring this into the crowd watch thread?

miccle

Bench
Friday night normally doesnt do as well in Brisbane.

Absolutely, but that's pretty much all we get these days!

I do hate it when it's reported as a sell-out or close to it for so long. According to the media reports, 47,500 tickets had been sold by Thursday morning. So that means that no one bought tix in the next 36 hours and 2,500 people with tickets also didn't rock up?

Meh, I shouldn't whinge though - 45,000 is still a great crowd, and IMO 40,000+ will easily happen for both the Storm next Friday and the Dragons in round four.

Danish

Referee
Absolutely, but that's pretty much all we get these days!

I do hate it when it's reported as a sell-out or close to it for so long. According to the media reports, 47,500 tickets had been sold by Thursday morning. So that means that no one bought tix in the next 36 hours and 2,500 people with tickets also didn't rock up?

Meh, I shouldn't whinge though - 45,000 is still a great crowd, and IMO 40,000+ will easily happen for both the Storm next Friday and the Dragons in round four.

Manly are also guilty of reporting sell outs before it actually happens, leading to people who would have gone and bought tickets at the gate not going.

Makes what would have been an impressive crowd look like a failure, and undoubtedly reduces the actual crowd figure by a sizeable margin as well.

Latest posts