What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

DINGb@T

Juniors
\\\\:D/\\\\:D/ Welcome back the crowd watch thread :D

45,000 was a bit disappointing considering the whole "47,500" tickets sold thing. But it is pretty cool to be disappointed by a crowd in the 40,000s.

Melbourne did well too but again, it would have been good to see what they'd get to the Dome. Last time I think it was 20,000 but 15,000 at Olympic is a brilliant effort :clap:

Now all we need is a few big turn outs from the other teams. Traditionally (or at least over the last 6 years) we get an average of about 23,000 to the opening round. At the moment it's a shade under 30,000 so with a few big 30,000+ crowds we should get there. For those who need a graph:

Round-by-round-comparison.gif

Loving the footy being back!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Real let down for Suncorp IMO.

Let's see how a realistic average works out:

14,870 @ Olympic
45,022 @ Suncorp
23,500 @ Mt Smart
27,000 @ ANZ
16,000 @ Toyota
26,500 @ Skilled
28,000 @ SFS
15,000 @ Campbelltown

195,892 total, 24,486 average... easily achievable IMO.

What we're chasing:
2008 - avg 22,953
2007 - avg 23,131
2006 - avg 23,101
2005 - avg 22,802

Brutus

Referee
Approx 19,700 at ANZ Stadium tonight.

Why a thunderstorm for the first night of footy in Sydney????

DINGb@T

Juniors
Well that's an average of about 21000-odd after 5 games. We're gonna need to see some big Sydney crowds to make the 23,000 average.

Brutus

Referee
It could not have rained at a worse time today.

It robbed us of at least 8k of fans to both games (combined) tonight.

Brutus

Referee
A resurgent Bulldogs and Rabbitohs will lift Sydney crowds this year - I can 'feel it'.

beave

Coach
i think you will find that it p!ssed down with rain in Brisbane yesterday arvo, probably kept a few people away. But still, 45k.........................f$%k me, don't be whinging about that when only 10k turned up to Shark park tonight. Disgraceful.

BrisVegas

Juniors
i think you will find that it p!ssed down with rain in Brisbane yesterday arvo, probably kept a few people away. But still, 45k.........................f$%k me, don't be whinging about that when only 10k turned up to Shark park tonight. Disgraceful.

Amplified by the fact that the Sharks finished equal first last season and had purchased high profile players such as Barrett and Topou, yet struggled to draw 10,000 spectators.

For a club who's chief executive has already come out and said 2009 will be a "make or break" year financially, it's a worrying sign

Yet last years wooden spooners draw 20,000 in equally poor weather. Good work Bulldogs fans.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sharks v Penriff with a massive storm, vs fine night in Melbourne with only 4000 more - I know which should have gotten more.

beave

Coach
Aaaaaahhh Strat. Even you have to admit, it was disappointing in Cronulla tonight. If 20k can turn up at Homebush, then surely a similar amount could have put the effort in to head out to Caltex/Endeavour/ whatever the f#$k it is called now park.

Solid

Juniors
It hardly rained in Brisbane on Friday. Showers that's all. Bright sun shine at 5:00pm.

Sydney tonight was belting down and no surprise the crowds were down.

Loudstrat

Coach
Aaaaaahhh Strat. Even you have to admit, it was disappointing in Cronulla tonight. If 20k can turn up at Homebush, then surely a similar amount could have put the effort in to head out to Caltex/Endeavour/ whatever the f#$k it is called now park.

Yeah, but Cronulla v penriff doesn't inspire anyone. Eagles v Dogs, plenty to inspire there.

Cronulla and penrith don't have many fans, not much to market there. I bet Cronulla's average will be above that!

Latest posts