What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

mattyg

Bench
yeah bit dissapointed about the tigers fans...didn't show up really, i was expecting at least 40% tigers fans, but there was more like 20%. If they turned up its 30k for sure. Mind you it was a big looking 25k compared to some other crowds i've seen at ANZ.

ByRd

First Grade
I thought the crowd was more then 25k. I have been to many games at ANZ and that crowd was closer to 30k then 25k imo but as already said, disappointed with the amount of Tigers fans there, expected a bit more.

Evenflow

Bench
He explained nothing. Just went on some inane rant. Flamin at least offered an argument - based on merchandise sales. Evenflow offered nothing

Didn't explain anything? I explained that you were flat out wrong (or lying and hoping that nobody picked it up) that Parra haven't had 2 home games above 19k.

I explained that Parra's home average against other Sydney sides is 18,625 which i'll say is good but so they should be given they were 2 local sides playing. But their crowds fall to a very average 9,610 when they've played non Sydney sides which is much worse than Canberra, New Zealand and the Mexicans who don't have the luxury of having their crowd numbers inflated by facing another local team 8 times a year and only literally a handful of travelling support from the opposing side.

Now if you choose to ignore these things because you have no legitimate comeback for them then that's up to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid points or i haven't explained them. Maybe you just don't understand them which wouldn't surprise me also but i don't know.

BTW that was a good crowd at ANZ today so well donr to the Dogs and Tigers fans who showed up :clap:

Chook Norris

First Grade
a few disappointing crowds on the Friday and the Canberra game
apart from that they were quite solid

anyone willing to do the crowd averages? bit busy right now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Excellent that a single NRL match outdrew an AFL match in direct competition in the same city. Well done.

Round 8
Eels v Cowboys @ Parramatta 8,104
Sea Eagles v Storm @ Brookvale 10,752
Titans v Rabbitohs @ Skilled 19,833
Sharks v Roosters @ Toyota 9,879
Knights v Broncos @ EnergyAustralia 18,154
Raiders v Panthers @ Canberra 8,850
Dragons v Warriors @ WIN W'gong 14,562
Bulldogs v Tigers @ ANZ 25,622

Total 115,756
Average 14,470

Red Bear

Referee
first sh*t weekend for crowds this year, still had some positives. Couldnt fit many more in at newcastle, pretty good bullsogs tigers crowds. Titans crowd could've been better, win not too bad. Other 4 crowds were very sh*t. Shouldnt be getting sub 10k at all.

Loudstrat

Coach
Didn't explain anything? I explained that you were flat out wrong (or lying and hoping that nobody picked it up) that Parra haven't had 2 home games above 19k.

I explained that Parra's home average against other Sydney sides is 18,625 which i'll say is good but so they should be given they were 2 local sides playing. But their crowds fall to a very average 9,610 when they've played non Sydney sides which is much worse than Canberra, New Zealand and the Mexicans who don't have the luxury of having their crowd numbers inflated by facing another local team 8 times a year and only literally a handful of travelling support from the opposing side.

Now if you choose to ignore these things because you have no legitimate comeback for them then that's up to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid points or i haven't explained them. Maybe you just don't understand them which wouldn't surprise me also but i don't know.

BTW that was a good crowd at ANZ today so well donr to the Dogs and Tigers fans who showed up :clap:

Yep, offered nothing. Apart from my mistake - should have said 18k - still far above Melbourne's average.

But hey, we all know crowd stats mean nothing. I mean, a person walks through the turnstiles and pays money - therefore the more people who walk through the turnstiles, for whatever reason, the more money is gained. So when an average of about 1000 more people walk through the turnstiles at Parra then Melbourne, one can say Parra earns more money for the code? Right?

Wrong. The NRL must also earn money from the excuses given. 8k in Adelaide - the NRL must have ade more from that than 8k at Parra, because otherwise 8k would equal 8k. In your books, it doesn't.

I'm still trying to work that one out. Maybe they add 5 cents for each can they collect in Adelaide.

ouwet

Bench
Update on the St George V Bulldogs game next friday night...

Category 1 - Alloc. Exhausted
Category 2 - Single seats only
Category 3 - Available
General Admission - Available
Opposition Supporter - Single seats only

Last edited:
DRAGONS V BULLDOGS - TICKETING UPDATE

Friday, May 08, 2009
People looking to attend the Dragons v Bulldogs Round 10 match at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah next Friday, May 15 are encouraged to pre-purchase their tickets to avoid queuing and the prospect of missing out.
Tickets are selling fast for this Heritage Round match involving two teams currently sharing top spot on the 2009 NRL Telstra Premiership ladder.
Category 1 and 2 seating are sold out; there are still limited tickets available for purchase into Category 3-reserved seating. In addition, there are less than 5000 General Admission Tickets remaining for sale.
In relation to unfounded media reports today, the Dragons are not considering transferring this game to a venue of greater capacity.
“Whilst it may be commercially advantageous to host our game against the Bulldogs in a larger venue, this is not something we have contemplated,” said Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust.
“Returning all our home games to our local communities has been a key initiative for us this year and it has thus far been rewarding for our bottom line and for the players who have thrived on the support from the Red and White faithful.
“Our return to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah has been a contributing factor to our record Red V Membership numbers this year and we now have around 10,500 members,” added Doust. “We have a commitment to our Red V Members and Corporate Partners to play all our matches at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah and WIN Stadium, Wollongong this year.
“Having sold out the Cronulla game at WIN Jubilee Oval and being well on the way to selling out the Bulldogs game, our Members, Partners and supporters have been showing their support for our strategic initiative . We are not going to relocate the game”.
NRL Junior Pass holders are advised that entry via these passes has always been subject to venue capacity being available. All pass holders should consider pre-purchasing tickets to avoid disappointment on the day in the event of ground capacity being reached.
For further information please visit www.dragons.com.au tickets can be purchased through ticketek please call 132 849 or by logging onto www.ticketek.com.au

Ticket sales are ahead of the Sharks sell-out. We reached this point the Wednesday before the Sharks game. This is an entire week before kick off!

Timmah

Staff member
The game WILL sell out, there's simply no doubt there. Definitely arriving early for this one.

ByRd

First Grade
oh ive had my tickets for a month and cant wait, got a friend that lives around the corner, so will just park the car there and walk to the game, cant wait for the battle on the hill, dragon army v bulldog army, its gonna be awesome.

Timmah

Staff member
Suncorp doesn't look full... I thought the place sold out major events? :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
Suncorp with 37,152 IIRC.

Orange with 8,226.

While I think 37,152 is a fantastic RL crowd anywhere, the Sydney public would've been lambasted if they only got such a crowd to an international at a ground that could hold 52,000 or worse still 83,500.

Little will be said about the fact almost 15,000 seats were left vacant tonight.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Suncorp with 37,152 IIRC.

Orange with 8,226.

While I think 37,152 is a fantastic RL crowd anywhere, the Sydney public would've been lambasted if they only got such a crowd to an international at a ground that could hold 52,000 or worse still 83,500.

Little will be said about the fact almost 15,000 seats were left vacant tonight.

Talk about hypotheticals. As if Sydney could get 37,000 to an international, full stop.

Timmah

Staff member
:?

We got 34,600 to the SCG last year at a time when it's capacity was 36,000.