What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Butters

Bench
Suncorp only got 26,000 for a World Cup semi-final. Your point?

For a game not involving Australia at all, shows how much Sydney siders support the game doesn't it?

The opening game of the WC took place in Townsville you goose.

Not according to the World Cup organisers, the Australia v NZ game was advertised as the opening game. It even had the opening ceremony. :lol:

I've address your WC semi final whinge. As for the "meaningless test match" - is that how you justify it? By dismissing the value of games you don't deem to be good enough because the statistics actually support Sydney? :lol: Laughable.

Well i'd say that a World Cup opening game and a World Cup semi-final have alot more meaning to players than a one off test that NZ never have a chance of winning.

Noone's denying that, yet you lot won't accept criticism of your crowds not being sell-outs? :lol:

I don't see how anyone can criticise QLD's attendance of games while defending NSW's piss poor efforts.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Because you lot in Queensland tend to generalise and not accept any factor that doesn't suit your argument. You're as one eyed as they come and it's those attitudes which are damaging our game. Self-criticism of our sport can be good but Queenslanders bashing NSWmen for crowds isn't something that helps anyones cause.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
More the contrary, your current attitude is that QLD crowds should never face scrutiny.

Sam I Am

Juniors
LOL at Queenslanders - who get no more games per year than Melbourne.

Queensland is starved of decent RL. Yet, they are too gutless to do anything to have more games. Except their one big plan. Take the GF of Sydney. Makes only one more game. But it does decimate Sydney.

FFS - France has two teams!!!!

Another clueless southerner. Queensland is currently bidding for an NRL team. And I for one hope we get it.

As for France, they have one top level team, as you know, not two. Queensland already has three. :D

Chook Norris

First Grade
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_Park
The park has hosted a number of competitive A-League matches featuring the Central Coast Mariners FC - in 2006's Pre-Season against Adelaide United (resulting in a 0-0 draw), and then again in 2007 when the Mariners and Queensland Roar played out a 1-1 draw. Crowds of approximately 3,000 made an appearance at these fixtures.
Highest crowd @ Wade Park, Orange since 2003: 8,226 - 08/05/09: City v Country Origin

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=275

PETER Wallace confirmed his position as NSW’s leading halfback with a brilliant performance to lead City to a 40-18 mauling of Country in front of a sell-out crowd of 8226 at Wade Park last night.
http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....untry-stunned-at-citys-fightback/1508625.aspx
seems like capacity to me..

Last edited:

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Was at City/Country last night and it was announced as a sellout 8,226. Extra seating was put on one side for it to reach this capacity. It was certainly full, with word around town all day that it was a sellout preventing some from turning up. That is roughly 1/4 of the town's population - approx 36-38,000. A good effort i think.

Canberra v Brisbane last year also drew around 8,000. The NSL game a few years back drew 3000 which indicates how strongly RL is followed out here.

No doubt that if 'Country' were an NRL side, sharing their games around a dozen or so small cities they could draw 15,000 per game. Whether the money is there to back it is another thing - not to mention the players travel. Ensuring one 'local' from the host-town made the side for each home game would certainly drag the crowd along. But that's getting off topic of course! Decent crowd last night nevertheless - and nice to see it at a real country venue.

Sam I Am

Juniors
So the Roosters are so unsure of their capacity to draw a crowd that they relocate their games. Say no more.

Heartland? Wasteland.

Latest posts