What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Big chance the broncs - manly game will get 14k....oh wait, hang on, the games being played in the true heartland of league, lets upgrade that prediction to 40k shall we?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Looked at the TV? Giant bays of empty seats on GROUND level?

Egg on your face soon - won't go NEAR 40k.

Timmah

Staff member
And at Suncorp... 27,527. Terrible for Brisbane given how much they talk themselves up...

Billythekid

First Grade
Both disappointing crowds.

Weather in Newcastle wasn't to good, bit of rain around but no excuse for that crowd. Hopefully things go right back up next year when the stand is finished.

Chook Norris

First Grade
jeez been disappointing crowds this week
was always bound to be a below par crowd up in Brisbane .. but wasn't expecting the empty seats at the ground level

Dutchy

Immortal
Still looked better on TV than the Broncos game. Rain in Newy. Sunny in Brissy.

Fail Broncos.

Apey

Staff member
Both crowds were disappointing. I didn't expect much more from EAS today though - rain would have put a lot of people off even if it did clear up + Mother's Day.

Serc

First Grade
Magnificent weather here in Brisbane today...

Rained (and I mean proper rain, not light stuff) all morning in Newcastle - crowd was still a bit of a shame even so. Would've hoped for 13k given the circumstances.

ouwet

Bench
On a good note... Only a limited amount of GA tickets left for the Dragons V Bulldogs close... Should sellout by tuesday latest.

Timmah

Staff member
On Friday it was 5k General Admission and single seats only in other categories, category one is sold out. Chance of rain is only 25-50% so we should be in the clear weather-wise.

I imagine by now the seated categories are sold out and we're down to 3 or 4k remaning. Hope the game sells out by Tue or Wed... :D

MsStorm

Bench
Magnificent weather here in Brisbane today...

Rained (and I mean proper rain, not light stuff) all morning in Newcastle - crowd was still a bit of a shame even so. Would've hoped for 13k given the circumstances.

Mothers Day would have been a huge factor in the 2 poor attendances.