What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

ouwet

Bench
On Friday it was 5k General Admission and single seats only in other categories, category one is sold out. Chance of rain is only 25-50% so we should be in the clear weather-wise.

I imagine by now the seated categories are sold out and we're down to 3 or 4k remaning. Hope the game sells out by Tue or Wed... :D

Category 1 Alloc. Exhausted
Category 2 Alloc. Exhausted
Category 3 Single seats only
General Admission Available
Opposition Supporter Single seats only

Category 1 Alloc. Exhausted
Category 2 Alloc. Exhausted
Category 3 Single seats only
General Admission Available
Opposition Supporter Single seats only

Nothing better than seeing a local ground full of fans having a great time!

This weekend should be great for crowds. Dragons v Dogs on Friday should be a sell out, but also there is the local derby of Brisbane v GC, Tigers v Rabbitohs on Sunday arvo, Sea Eagles v Eels at Brookie. Roosters v Knights at the SFS could get a crowd (but who knows?) and the Panthers take on the Sharks at CUA should get a good crowd too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Although we still have tonight to round out R9, I'm gonna have a stab at heritage round.

Round 10:
Dragons/Dogs @ WIN Jubilee - 20,700
Broncos/Titans @ Suncorp - 41,000
Roosters/Knights @ SFS - 14,000
Panthers/Sharks @ CUA - 12,500
Warriors/Cowboys @ Mt Smart - 18,500
Sea Eagles/Eels @ Brookvale - 18,000
Tigers/Rabbitohs @ SCG - 23,000
Storm/Raiders @ Olympic - 11,000

Total - 158,700
Average - 19,838

Last year's heritage round:
Fri 7:30 Parramatta v Manly @ Parramatta 14,025
Fri 7:30 Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane @ Skilled 27,176
Sat 5:30 North Queensland v New Zealand @ Dairy Farmers 20,554
Sat 7:30 Bulldogs v St George Illawarra @ ANZ 14,767
Sat 7:30 Cronulla v Penrith @ Toyota 13,852
Sun 2:00 Sydney Roosters v Newcastle @ Bluetongue 14,176
Sun 3:00 Wests Tigers v South Sydney @ SCG 19,122
Mon 7:00 Canberra v Melbourne @ Canberra 15,550

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mothers Day would have been a huge factor in the 2 poor attendances.

Any club with any marketing sense what so ever would have had a Mothers Day special event with free entry for mums, a box of chocolates and draw for a free day at a spa. Ooops that dirty word in RL, marketing!

Chook Norris

First Grade
My predictions for Round 10:
Dragons/Dogs @ WIN Jubilee - 20,500
Broncos/Titans @ Suncorp - 43,000
Roosters/Knights @ SFS - 11,000
Panthers/Sharks @ CUA - 12,500
Warriors/Cowboys @ Mt Smart - 16,000
Sea Eagles/Eels @ Brookvale - 17,000
Tigers/Rabbitohs @ SCG - 23,000
Storm/Raiders @ Olympic - 11,000

Average - 19250

Timmah

Staff member
They would've got less in Sydney yes. Instead the NRL shafted this game to Monday night - an untried and untested time and place. It was never going to get a good crowd. Having said that it looked closer to 11,000 to me.

Nevertheless, a poor crowd. Next week we should see some better numbers.

MsStorm

Bench
Any club with any marketing sense what so ever would have had a Mothers Day special event with free entry for mums, a box of chocolates and draw for a free day at a spa. Ooops that dirty word in RL, marketing!

Agreed...but would have to advertise this well in advance...maybe a 4pm start..but then we have the problem with ch.9 news!

Can just see all the 18 year old girls putting up their hands and saying they are mums:lol:

MsStorm

Bench

Sam I Am

Juniors
For mnf for 2 out town teams...don't think it was that bad!

1. Some Sydney-siders have been claiming that the reason they can't sell out the grand final is because they have 7348 games to attend this season, including driving to Penrith, Gosford etc. Doesn't look like too many drove to Gosford! (Count that claim as discredited.)
  2. The Roosters had to move this game to "out (of) town" because they wanted a greater attendance than the would have got in Sydney. The fact that the larger number was 8000-odd, it reflects very poorly on the Roosters that they couldn't hope to draw that many.

Sam I Am

Juniors
They would've got less in Sydney yes. Instead the NRL shafted this game to Monday night - an untried and untested time and place. It was never going to get a good crowd. Having said that it looked closer to 11,000 to me.

Nevertheless, a poor crowd. Next week we should see some better numbers.

Wonderful work, Flaccid. You describe a crowd of 27000 as unequivocally "pisspoor" but seek to defend a crowd of 8000.

To your credit, unlike your conclusion on the behaviour of the serial, gangbanging philanderers on Four Corners expressed in another thread, you do concede that this was "(n)evertheless, a poor crowd".

Timmah

Staff member
Given the predictions of 40,000+ being thrown around, 27k was pisspoor when you recall it was a match against the defending premiers.

Nobody predicted great things, most feared a small crowd in regards to last night - Monday night at a ground that's never had it before is always going to be a big risk.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Given the predictions of 40,000+ being thrown around, 27k was pisspoor when you recall it was a match against the defending premiers.

Nobody predicted great things, most feared a small crowd in regards to last night - Monday night at a ground that's never had it before is always going to be a big risk.

Ah, Flaccid! You lighten up my day.

"8000 is a pretty good. 27000 is pisspoor."

:lol:

Sam I Am

Juniors
Things are looking good for Friday night's crowd:

Gold Alloc. Exhausted Maroon Available Blue Available Blue Unlicensed Single seats only White Available White Unlicensed Single seats only Away Supporter Bay Available