What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Dragonboyd

Juniors
These frequent claims Kogarah would have had a much bigger crowd is based on what logic ?

Crowds at Kogarah and Wollongong over the past few seasons have been similar (2012 the major variance)

SFTG

Based on the logic that I've been to every single Kogarah game, and have been to or watched in some form every single Wollongong game. Can't compare a Kogarah crowd to a Wollongong crowd imo, atmosphere is that much better in the heartland.

big pat

Coach
i was amazed at the low crowd, it took me 30 mins to find a parking spot, and it was a fair walk away, must have been a lot going on at the gong on friday night besides the footy.

Based on the logic that I've been to every single Kogarah game, and have been to or watched in some form every single Wollongong game. Can't compare a Kogarah crowd to a Wollongong crowd imo, atmosphere is that much better in the heartland.

That's Opinion not logic. !!

SFTG

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I made the trip from Marayong (Blacktown) after work with my 4yo. I renewed an All-in, and there used to be 3 of us (plus my son) who had Wollongong memberships, all from Sydney. This year, only I renewed Wollonong. The other 2 (a couple) didnt renew due to the home ground changes, though in fairness they have been close to not renewing for a couple of years due to the Monday night and Friday night games as we were cutting it fine getting down there.

The crowd was disappointing, but the weather would definitely had something to do with it. Maybe ppl thought the hill would still be soaked??

And as far as $$ goes, for those ppl living in the Gong, a 4 game family pass in the Nthn or Sthn stands cant be too expensive surely?? Feed the kids before or after the game so you arent paying the high prices in the stadium, put a bottle of water and coke in each pocket and away you go.

In relation to the comment about having to fork out rego for junior league, doesnt that then entitle those kids to free entry?? So you are only then paying for the adults.

Lastly, the memberships can be paid over 12 monthly installments, so to blame ticket prices is a bit of a copout IMO

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Reality is ANZ we got 20k round 1. I've said it before apart from a few hill fans the vast majority of fans want great facilities, my wife isn't a big fan but when we lived in Sydney and I'd say we are going to the game her head would drop when I said it's at kogorah or gong . Few times at sfs or ANZ she would be great let's go. Do people still have to piss in a shipping container at gong?

Utter rubbish.

Round one also had Tigers members getting in for free, ANZ members and a huge giveaway of free tickets to Homebush corporate offices and businesses by Stadium management in order to draw a decent crowd.

What facilities does your wife love at ANZ Stadium that aren't at Kogarah or WIN?

cleary89

Coach
Can you get full strength at anz? best thing about sat night at scg is the full strength beer.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Utter rubbish.

Round one also had Tigers members getting in for free, ANZ members and a huge giveaway of free tickets to Homebush corporate offices and businesses by Stadium management in order to draw a decent crowd.

What facilities does your wife love at ANZ Stadium that aren't at Kogarah or WIN?

I went to Win Stadium first time on Friday and was impressed with facilities

They are WAY better than kogarah

Maybe a lil less than ANZ

RedVee

First Grade
I went to Win Stadium first time on Friday and was impressed with facilities

They are WAY better than kogarah

Maybe a lil less than ANZ

Look, I go to both. I'm not sure I'd say either had facilities WAY better than the other.
I'm happy to support both grounds, WIN is closer but Jubilee has the heart.

krispyredv

Juniors
Jubilee takes the cake for mine, dont mind the gong either but pretty much grew up on the hill at Kogarah

krispyredv

Juniors
Well Well Well you cant take one stat seriously, here is the bigger picture :)
The Average attendances for both grounds since the joint venture:

Kogarah-57 games -14227
WIN- 95 games- 13055

Latest posts