What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Maximus

Coach
1. Saturday.
2. 5.30 pm.
3. Inter-COUNTRY side.

Am I happy... NO.
But lets compare apples with apples.

Bunnies v Dogs... 2 local clubs at a neutral venue Friday.

Other factors didn't matter for the Wollongong crowd, so why should they matter for the Kogarah crowd?

TruSaint

Referee
Other factors didn't matter for the Wollongong crowd, so why should they matter for the Kogarah crowd?

Missed my point.
I am not demeaning Gong crowds.
Just judging the games at hand.
FMD, can we move on from division.?
We would have got 12k at the SFS, of which 3k and NON paying members.
We did play another country.

Mr Red

First Grade
1. Saturday.
2. 5.30 pm.
3. Inter-COUNTRY side.

Am I happy... NO.
But lets compare apples with apples.

Bunnies v Dogs... 2 local clubs at a neutral venue Friday.

Neutral venue? It the home ground for both teams.

saint.nick

Coach
But I don't get Saints fans. They cry out for more suburban games yet when a suburban game comes around, they don't show up...

krispyredv

Juniors
But I don't get Saints fans. They cry out for more suburban games yet when a suburban game comes around, they don't show up...

Agree mate I was there no excuses really team isnt travelling that badly long weekend and easter break good weather saturday night. Not much more you could ask for

Redvpassion

Juniors

I was at the game and I reckon it looked more than what they announced.

But Put 2 Sydney teams on today, I reckon it would of been a different outcome. These games are already put in place before the season starts. I think it's unfair to judge the crowd attendance on the teams Doust has chosen to play at our neutral home grounds.

As we all know, Doust is following the $$$ because if you look at the games that are going to be played at ANZ, they are apparently "Marquee games" that will attract crowds. Saying that any 2 Sydney teams at ANZ would of attracted those figures yesterday especially with all the hype that is happening around the area.

Anyother night the Dogs v Souths game would get 20 if that.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
That LU article about saints home games had that quote saying something like 'give us kogarah and we'll give you an army'.

That's absolute bullshit.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Is it just me or is anyone else really looking forward to hearing what Dragonboyd, Twenty10 and others have to say about tonight's crowd after this thread?

10,559 on Easter saturday, with perfect weather and the first game at Kogarah.

Must've been heart-breaking to be playing for the proudest club that gets 10000 on a saturday night. In the future bring these games to Wollongong on a saturday night, no doubt.

I bet you were happy when they showed the crowd figures on tv. any chance to take a swipe at your fellow team supporters. It's people like you who can't get over things that divides us supporters into "us V them".

Don't understand what thrills you get out of this. Time to get over it and support the team we both Sydney and gong fans support. We won tonight let's talk about that instead of having a go at crowd figures.

saint.nick

Coach

But Put 2 Sydney teams on today, I reckon it would of been a different outcome. These games are already put in place before the season starts. I think it's unfair to judge the crowd attendance on the teams Doust has chosen to play at our neutral home grounds.

As we all know, Doust is following the $$$ because if you look at the games that are going to be played at ANZ, they are apparently "Marquee games" that will attract crowds. Saying that any 2 Sydney teams at ANZ would of attracted those figures yesterday especially with all the hype that is happening around the area.

So you think it's to help this conspiracy to make Kogarah look shit? Let's relate back to that quote I mentioned. When you say there'll be an army, I'm thinking of at least 15000 to an out-of-town team game.

dragons__

Juniors
I don't know about you guys, but I go to the games to watch the DRAGONS play. I couldn't care less who we are playing. That playing against a local Sydney team argument doesn't fly with me.

That crowd at our amazing stadium was just embarrassed tonight by the Sharks at the swamp. I don't understand how we can't find another 5k to show up tonight. No excuses.

This adds more fuel to the fire to move games to bigger venues for guaranteed revenue.

Redvpassion

Juniors
So you think it's to help this conspiracy to make Kogarah look shit? Let's relate back to that quote I mentioned. When you say there'll be an army, I'm thinking of at least 15000 to an out-of-town team game.

Conspiracy, Well if that's what you call it then yes. Give us supporters what we deserve. Don't take games away from our home grounds and expect people to be happy. If it was 2 Sydney teams today, then yes I'll be pissed off at the crowd figures.

You want that army to return and put bums on seats??? Simple. Let the team start winning and let those clowns running the club make the right decisions for our club both on and off the field.

If our CEO wants to sell our soul for the corporate dollar, then that's one massive kick in the guts to our supporter base. Means we are nothing. Hence why the petition was going around today.

I bet you were happy when they showed the crowd figures on tv. any chance to take a swipe at your fellow team supporters. It's people like you who can't get over things that divides us supporters into "us V them".

Don't understand what thrills you get out of this. Time to get over it and support the team we both Sydney and gong fans support. We won tonight let's talk about that instead of having a go at crowd figures.

Cant have it both ways RVP - There was plenty of Mighty statements about "heartland: "capacity crowds etc . Nothing divisive about what maximus states.

A very poor crowd _ although it still took 20 minutes to get a beer . Not good enough

SFTG

Mr Red

First Grade
I think it's all part of dousty's plan... Home games against the lesser teams with deliberate poor service for food and beer guaranteed to make fans think kogarah is not good...
Brain wash the fans to think playing at homebush is the right option.....

saint.nick

Coach
Conspiracy, Well if that's what you call it then yes. Give us supporters what we deserve. Don't take games away from our home grounds and expect people to be happy. If it was 2 Sydney teams today, then yes I'll be pissed off at the crowd figures.

You want that army to return and put bums on seats??? Simple. Let the team start winning and let those clowns running the club make the right decisions for our club both on and off the field.

If our CEO wants to sell our soul for the corporate dollar, then that's one massive kick in the guts to our supporter base. Means we are nothing. Hence why the petition was going around today.

Kind of contradicting what the pro-Kogarah brigade is all about, not that I'm against the pro-Kogarah brigade. Fans only want to go to Kogarah...but only if they're winning. Dude, when the team is winning, fans will make an excuse to go to ANZ too. If you want to make a statement, go to Kogarah when the team isn't doing well.

ek999

First Grade

Bulldogs v Souths in August last year got almost 30k

ouwet

Bench
The St George Army is a myth! Pathetic supporters, pathetic club!
No wonder u lit another flare tonight, u got to try and hide the pathetic crowd lol! It's ok ur next home game at ANZ will be saved by 30,000 Bulldog supporters!

Latest posts