What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowe reveals his American dream

flamin

Juniors
Well,that's not good scheduling, and the thing is, if it involves more than one Australian side, then the WCC final will be a replay of the NRL GF.

Realistically it should be scheduled like this.

Week 1:
(A) ESL1 vs ESL4
(B) ESL2 vs ESL3

All NRL sides bye.

Week 2:
(C) Winner A vs NRL4
(D) Winner B vs NRL3

NRL1 and NRL2 bye

Week 3:
(E) Winner C (NRL4) vs NRL1
(F) WInner D (NRL3) vs NRL2

Week 4:

Winner E (NRL1) vs Winner F (NRL2)
So the top ESL team has to win 4 games in a row to win the WCC but some NRL teams only have win 2?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
'Sif any ESL team would make the final.

You could send the ESL teams to play NSW cup sides as warm up fixtures. ;)

Diabolical idea - failed in 97 - ESL is even weaker at the moment.

bileduct

Coach
The best option would be to relocate an existing fixture, such as the WCC, Anzac Day test, Tri/Four Nations final or even a State of Origin game (as has been done before), if this is really all about showcasing the best talent.

Loudstrat

Coach
It could work if the ESL teams and the NRL teams ply eachother for a spot in an NRL v SL GF.

Variation 1: The top 2 from each comp compete in a 4 way playoff.

Variation 2: 4 team playoff between top Australian club, top UK club, The Warriors and Catalans, marketed as the top clubs from the four nations - lots of pazazz about France, UK, NZ and Aus -and the Yanks wouldn't know much different.

Also, I wonder if this should be held where League is strongest in the US - seemingly in the NE?

simostorm

Bench
Stupid idea.. the top 4 have already played out there playoffs for who is the best and the two finalists are there from both sides.. why play out the finals again?

jim_57

Staff member
'Sif any ESL team would make the final.

You could send the ESL teams to play NSW cup sides as warm up fixtures. ;)

Diabolical idea - failed in 97 - ESL is even weaker at the moment.

Sorry, already eaten.

It could work if the ESL teams and the NRL teams ply eachother for a spot in an NRL v SL GF.

Variation 2: 4 team playoff between top Australian club, top UK club, The Warriors and Catalans, marketed as the top clubs from the four nations - lots of pazazz about France, UK, NZ and Aus -and the Yanks wouldn't know much different.

Also, I wonder if this should be held where League is strongest in the US - seemingly in the NE?

I think it'd be a good idea to get an american team involved somehow. Since they aren't strong enough to be in the WCC and the local team playing as an undercard may put off americans then maybe just play a USA internation in the same place, the same weekend but as different events and cross-promote them so if you buy tickets to one the other is half price.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach

Now you've gone full genius.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I reckon this concept will be up and running as soon as souths next make the top 4.

Never.

Yeah we get it, you don't like our club. We got it after the 10th negative post. Guess what, we couldn't give a f**k what some pissant like you thinks.

On topic, the bottom line is that if the powers that be decide that they would give this a try, you know that Rusty would get behind it in terms of promotion.

Poul

Juniors
Give it up Crowe,America doesn't care about rugby league and never will.

America may not care about Rugby League presently, and possibly never will, ...... but it's great to smell the fear of yawnion fans who dread the prospect that one day they just may :D.

Usain Bolt

Bench
America have perhaps the biggest international sporting star in their backyard playing soccer in David Beckham and still dont give a f**k about soccer. Im sure seeing Inglis, Hayne or Slater will really get them interested

Raider_69

Post Whore
I post on the Philadelphia Eagles message board, i directed a few guys over there to the NRL grand final last year as it was shown on Spike TV last year... every single one of them who said they'd give it a go, came back telling me how great it was
RL could be very popular over in the states if we put the time and effort into promoting it and getting it up and running

and frankly RL is never going to be a world game, so i think we should should be focused on establishing the game in countries who are keen... The US would love this game if they were shown it.

IPAlarms

Juniors
America have perhaps the biggest international sporting star in their backyard playing soccer in David Beckham and still dont give a f**k about soccer. Im sure seeing Inglis, Hayne or Slater will really get them interested
Mmmm.... but soccer and Beckham are so boring and the ball is the wrong shape for the Americans.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah we get it, you don't like our club. We got it after the 10th negative post. Guess what, we couldn't give a f**k what some pissant like you thinks.

On topic, the bottom line is that if the powers that be decide that they would give this a try, you know that Rusty would get behind it in terms of promotion.
You pharking don't get it, pharking pissant, its not the pharking souths club that I don't pharking like but pharking pissant souths fans like you. Continue your pharking GI and Sir russell worshipping pharking pissant and enjoy pharking 9th pharking spot. Meanwhile I'll pharking keeping posting posts that piss off insecure and easily riled pharking pissant south fans like you who post that they don't give a f**k yet take the time to tell people they don't give a f**k. Pharking hilarious.

Lambretta

First Grade
I post on the Philadelphia Eagles message board, i directed a few guys over there to the NRL grand final last year as it was shown on Spike TV last year... every single one of them who said they'd give it a go, came back telling me how great it was
RL could be very popular over in the states if we put the time and effort into promoting it and getting it up and running

and frankly RL is never going to be a world game, so i think we should should be focused on establishing the game in countries who are keen... The US would love this game if they were shown it.

My mate lives in Calgary and all his mates are mad keen NFL fans

When RL was shown on Spike, every one of his NFL supporting mates loved their weekly dose of NRL.

The game also got very positive feedback on Twitter from people who were watching the game on Spike when they realised it wasn't Union, but another more interesting and enjoyable version of Rugby.

The problem league has is that no one knows what it is outside of Australia, New Zealand and one corner of England.

The word rugby gets mentioned and everyone thinks of that boring pile of sh*t Union and switch off.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
You pharking don't get it, pharking pissant, its not the pharking souths club that I don't pharking like but pharking pissant souths fans like you. Continue your pharking GI and Sir russell worshipping pharking pissant and enjoy pharking 9th pharking spot. Meanwhile I'll pharking keeping posting posts that piss off insecure and easily riled pharking pissant south fans like you who post that they don't give a f**k yet take the time to tell people they don't give a f**k. Pharking hilarious.

We have some fans who go overboard, just like any other club, that is their right. Just as it is the right of others to have a lash at them with banter etc, that is what happens here and I wouldn't want it to change.

You on the other hand, are a boring turd who does nothing but post the same drivel post after post. Saying you are a pissant was being kind, I wouldn't piss on an imbecile like you if you where on fire.

Don't flatter yourself that you are riling anyone.

Scarves

Juniors
There would need to be a massive restructure of our NRL Comp and the English Superleague Comp for this to ever be considered. The Domestic Leagues are simply too long and taxing as is... adding this would cause more injuries and burnout. The regular mid season headline of "Slater playing 56 games in 2012" would be all too predictable.

Although I do see great merit in the idea, 1) a chance for a club to win the double, 2) a chance for clubs to play in a mini champions league, 3) incentive for players to aspire to playing on an American tour with close club team mates, 4) expansion into a foreign market etc... however the idea will only be a good one if the revenue streams that are created ultimately paid its own way and then added further value to the code.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We have some fans who go overboard, just like any other club, that is their right. Just as it is the right of others to have a lash at them with banter etc, that is what happens here and I wouldn't want it to change.

You on the other hand, are a boring turd who does nothing but post the same drivel post after post. Saying you are a pissant was being kind, I wouldn't piss on an imbecile like you if you where on fire.

Don't flatter yourself that you are riling anyone.

Yet you keep responding to these same old posts. Souths fans baiting is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Kurt Angle

First Grade

Well depends what you mean by the U.S "giving a f*ck".

If we were able to get 8 sides in the U.S that paid 1/4 the wages of the NSL sides, the game would be small fry in local terms, but still probably the highest paid RL comp in the world.

Beckham only gets a pissy $232 million or so doesn't he?

I'm sure Andrew Johns would come out of retirement for $80 million

BunniesMan

Immortal
OR you could get a life?