What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CT Wildcats VS NY Knights Highlight Video

DINGb@T

Juniors
:) Nice. Keep up the good work with all the highlight videos, they're good to watch.

Is it just me or does that turf look REALLY hard.

roopy

Referee
Some Aussie stadiums really should be looking at the new generations of artificial turf from America.
Loved the quality of the attack in that highlights reel.
It's probably a bit hard to judge the defence when you only see the times it breaks down.

BCSharksRLFC

Juniors
Glad you guys like it.

The turf really does look at lot harder in the video than it really was in person. They all really have nice padding and most have the little tire bits in them. Of course they're not perfect but they are much easier to maintain and much better to play on in the middle of the summer instead of a half dead grass hard dirt field.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Looks good, the only thing I don't like about the turf is the sudden stop you guys seem to come to when you dive over, don't you get some type of gravel/road rash carpet burning thing?

BCSharksRLFC

Juniors
In my experience on different turfs there is at times some slight road rash but not half as bad as a dry pitch (even if it is perfectly covered in grass). My only complaints about turf are:

1:When it rains it is the slickest thing ever
2:Going home and finding tiny pieces of rubber is every spot possible

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
In my experience on different turfs there is at times some slight road rash but not half as bad as a dry pitch (even if it is perfectly covered in grass). My only complaints about turf are:

1:When it rains it is the slickest thing ever
2:Going home and finding tiny pieces of rubber is every spot possible

I watched the USA Vs Australia match a few times now and they mentioned during that how the ground would get slicker as the night air came in and then it started to rain later on.

I also seen some pics of the USA Vs Russia match from a few years ago in Russia, I'm sure they played on turf as well, I can remember a spear tackle or two in them.

It might actually be they way ahead, it would save money on water and a place like Australia is always running out of water, maybe the footy codes out here should look into it.

Latest posts