What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins A Priority Signing

D

Deleted member 10972

Some of these bowlers are just going to have to go to other states to get a game. Queensland can't develop anyone so a few of them should head north.

Gotta agree with this.

Look at Victoria - current international representatives Peter Siddle, Dirk Nannes and Clint McKay as well as Damien Wright, Darren Pattinson, Shane Harwood, and new talents James Pattinson and Wade Sheridan. Some of these guys will inevitably miss out.

NSW - current international representatives Doug Bollinger and Brett Lee, as well as Mark Cameron, Stuart Clark, Trent Copeland, Burt Cockley (what happened to this bloke?), Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Coyte, and now the newly emerging talents of Sean Abbott and Patrick Cummins.

Surely some of these blokes would benefit greatly from getting starting spots at the more barren stocks for other states.

not necessarily, I think due to his lack of pace he is limited especially when we have so many other options

Have you taken leave of your senses ?

As long as he keeps performing what does it matter how fast he bowls . And it's not like he just has a good record , he has a great record!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Let him go somewhere else.

NSW has far too many decent quality quick bowlers at the moment. And one of the negatives is states like Queensland , WA and Tasmania are absolutely bowling fruit while we have Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Burt Cockley, Mark Cameron, Brett Lee, Doug Bollinger, Trent Copeland, Nathan Bracken and Stuart Clark all effectively in our roster if fully fit, plus others like Abbott and Cummins. Put all these guys in different states and strengthen the bowling around the country.

I mean does anyone seriously care that much how NSW Go? Id much rather see talent coming through all the country.

Timbo

Staff member
Jesus Twizzle, are you off your meds?

60 first class wickets at 19 with an economy rate of 2 and you're saying he bowls pies?

No pie I'd ever want a bite of!

yappy

Bench
I know Copeland hasn't set the world on fire in the shorter forms, but I reckon he'll be a bit like Uzi, it will take a while for him to adjust, but once he does he'll be a handy contributor.

I agree some of our guys need to look to other states. Cockley, Cameron and maybe even Moises would be leaders in other sides.

yappy

Bench
Copeland reminds me a bit of Asif gets some lovely movement off the seam.

Lots of similarities. Apart from the bookies obviously.

Pure pace is lovely if it goes with control and movement. If you can't have all three then sacrifice the pace for the control and movement every time.

Timbo

Staff member
I know Copeland hasn't set the world on fire in the shorter forms, but I reckon he'll be a bit like Uzi, it will take a while for him to adjust, but once he does he'll be a handy contributor.

I agree some of our guys need to look to other states. Cockley, Cameron and maybe even Moises would be leaders in other sides.

Look at Dan Christian, and to a lesser extent Ed Cowan and Aaron O'Brien. Were nothings at NSW and are now first team regulars.

Red Bear

Referee
Copeland probably wont be competition for the one day side, not a one day bowler, much better in the first class scene.

Cummins is only 17 isnt he? No need to rush him into four day cricket.

Red Bear

Referee
You would think after this year also Lee will be done, Clark will retire and you can just about sticka fork in Bracken as well.

yappy

Bench
I reckon Bing will go around again next year if his body is holding up. He looks like he's enjoying himself immensely and if fit will be a first choice quick for Australia in the shorter forms. It will also help him stay in good shape to pick up the IPL cashola.

blain

Juniors
Man share the talent round NSW!! Haha the depth there is huge! For your guys sake I hope being trapped behind 5 other more experienced guys doesnt get in the way of guys like Starc, Cummins and Hazlewoods development.

Where's Bracken these days?

beads6

First Grade
The Blues may lose one or 2 players for next summer I reckon, there depth is awesome and other States are struggling to even put a competitive team on the park. Mainly QLD and WA.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we need to shed some players, some go on to play well for other states and go on to play for Australia, yet if they stay in NSW they dont get a run for the first 11 and pale into obscurity

tough decisions to be made

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Meanwhile, a series of knee operations that were aimed to keep former Australian fast bowler Nathan Bracken on the field have failed, and he will today announce his immediate retirement from all forms of cricket.
Bracken, who was unavailable for comment last night, will make an official announcement about his future at the SCG today, but his manager Rob Horton said the fast bowler, who, at his prime was rated the ICC's top one-day bowler, was frustrated by a series of failed comeback attempts.
Horton, who used the term "career evaluation" rather than retirement, confirmed the 33-year-old had struggled to come back from the knee operations. "The knee injuries have taken their toll on Nathan," Horton told the Herald last night. "Unfortunately, you can only have so many operations.''

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/hughes-axed-for-crucial-t20-clash-20110128-1a7zo.html