What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins A Priority Signing

beads6

First Grade
we need to shed some players, some go on to play well for other states and go on to play for Australia, yet if they stay in NSW they dont get a run for the first 11 and pale into obscurity

tough decisions to be made

It will be tough for the Blues to make those decisions. They will want to keep everyone but not hold any players back also. Blues have some terrific youngsters coming through.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Cummins wil stay but he won't play much next year. They should send him to the Centre of Excellence given his age especially given Starc & Hazelwood broke down not even a full season in after Juniors.

beads6

First Grade
I think Cummins wil stay but he won't play much next year. They should send him to the Centre of Excellence given his age especially given Starc & Hazelwood broke down not even a full season in after Juniors.

Cummins won't go anywhere, more likely to see older guys go elsewhere IMO.

aussies1st

Staff member

Weren't those two part of the Centre of Excellence?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NSW's been carrying Australian cricket for over 130 yrs and i don't expect much to change.

franklin2323

Immortal
Weren't those two part of the Centre of Excellence?
They spent some time up there. That was the problem. They went up there last season, went well in u19's WC. Then played the end of the year in shield & broke down. He & Abbott could be better served with 12months up there maybe play Big Bash. I would rush them. 12 months up there

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not just as players either. Don Bradman, John Benaud and Bob Simpson spring to mind. Richie Benaud aswell he's the doyen of cricket.

Steve Waugh's hankie > other states
And yet we haven't had a selector since John Benaud. So over 15 years....... Instead we have two Tassie Numpty's and a geniused Croweater.

Red Bear

Referee
Well with our fast bowling stocks from this year

Lee - will be OD cricket only if he plays on, no harm having him around
Bracken - retired
Clark - best twenty20 bowler in the country at present but past it in first class cricket, probably retirement
Bollinger - will be kept, could be playing for Australia or for us, unsure at this point
Copeland - Gun first class player, keep him away from one day cricket he's terrible there
Hazlewood - injured, needs a good recovery
Starc - Ditto (and average from a first class point of view)
Cummins - potential but no need to rush him at this point
Cameron - Good but injury prone
Cockley - still struggling with injuries

Think that everyone.

From that list Cockley should definately move on with the three senior quicks unlikely to be around for first class cricket anyway, leaving 6 fast bowlers. I think we can keep them all, with Bollinger a chance for Australian representation, and the need to manage Starc Hazlewood and Cummins sensibly at such a young age.

With spinners, unsure what the international side will do but if Hauritz doesnt get the recall i'd be happy for him or O'Keefe to move on in order to gain important matchtime, especially if Smith is (as he should be) playing first class cricket. Hauritz seems to be the preferred option so I guess O'Keefe could move on (a few states would aim for him you'd thinks, the Vics and Redbacks most probably).

Batsmen could be an issue, depending on who is in the test side.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Cummins looks a bit gun tbh. A better talent then some of the mugs you Blueballers have talked up in recent years.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It'd be great if they separated NSW from the rest of Aussie and they played in International cricket because when they lost which would be regularly there would be no scapegoats for people on here to blame. Maybe the umpires I suppose.