What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current List of Raiders Contracted Players for 2014- Updated 7/11/13

Raider_69

Post Whore
we need to start tieing the major players coming off in 2008 soon, with the anti tampering deadline gone now, they are fair game
at this stage IMO:

bold are definites
italics are see how they go prospects
underline - let go

2008 Off-Contract

Colin Best (from St George Illawarra - two seasons)
Todd Carney
Marshall Chalk

Bronx Goodwin
David Howell
Ben Jones
Kris Kahler

Brett Kelly
David Milne

Tony Pamatangi
Adrian Purtell
Willie Raston
Alan Tongue
Troy Thompson
Trevor Thurling
Dane Tilse
Michael Weyman

woodgers

Bench
Todd Carney and Weyman would be crazy to resign with the Raiders so early though Nick, as much as I want them to. They are both improving vastly and god knows what they might be worth by the end of next year. If I was managing either of them I would simply inform them to play the game and also wait for their contract to come to an end. By that time it will be a frenzy to sign them by loads of clubs and the Raiders will have to match the offers coming in.

edabomb

First Grade
It is also way premature for us to be signing players 2 yrs before they're off contract. I mean signing Best to a 2yr deal and then talking to him about the next deal before he's even played a game for the club :lol: .

A lot can happen in two years with regard to form and injuries.

Bay56

First Grade
boyo if I start hearing that the likes of Carney and Zillman will be with the rorters in a couple of years time I'll be so pisssed off I'll be leaving the game

huh, no more Bay56 on the forums

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
boyo if I start hearing that the likes of Carney and Zillman will be with the rorters in a couple of years time I'll be so pisssed off I'll be leaving the game

huh, no more Bay56 on the forums

Dear Ricky

I am writing to draw your attention to a bright young halfback from Canberra whose contract is due to expire in 2008........

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Dear Ricky

I am writing to draw your attention to a bright young halfback from Canberra whose contract is due to expire in 2008........

huh, my bait got it's first bite ... surprise surprise it's T_R :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
Bay always offers a different point of view, a lot can be said for that IMO.

Although I wish he'd be more objective, ie. an occasional compliment for Elliott.

paulquinn49

Bench
Players that sign so far in advance would be pretty stupid, unless they believe their form wont improve or would infact decrease over time.

The situation wouldnt be as bad if players had more control over themselves, rather than some dood who listens to anyone and everyone regarding money.

Were player managers around in 80's?

3000 a year, 200 for a win, 100 for a loss...now thats a contract!