What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Scott

lolesi

First Grade
How do you know they didn't do everything possible to keep him and that maybe he wanted to go somewhere else?

I am sure we put up a good offer, but by the looks of that story, I am certain Scott is happy with his decision.. Wouldn't be getting a first grade sport at cronulla atm

Really no different to what we did with Dragons and Bird.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm highly in favour of keeping juniors but ya can't keep em all, there are 15 other clubs trying to undercut us.

If I was a young player, I'd go to the storm too as you know you'll learn from the best.

Feej

First Grade
If we'd kept him but lost Bird everyone would be up in arms. Can't have 'em all.

tye

Juniors
I have heard we are having a crack to get Ewan Aitken over from the Dragons! Not this season but Jack Bird has already been in his ear about a release... Funny how the roles have been reversed!

carcharias

Immortal
Shit f**k merkins!!!!
What about peachey and Fergo and Robbo

We need to also sign SBW and Cronk and Jennings
What's wrong with this shit f**k club???

webShark

I have heard we are having a crack to get Ewan Aitken over from the Dragons! Not this season but Jack Bird has already been in his ear about a release... Funny how the roles have been reversed!

Holy smoke , the Mighty Ewan Aitken. Hope he isn't too friendly with many of the Stains merkins then.

nrlnrl

First Grade

I think it's a swap - Valentine Holmes for Euan Aitken

Weaponhead

Coach
Can't keep them all is a cop out. Retention is all about keeping the good ones. However, it is also a cop out to say wtf is the club doing.

Reality is we don't know what advice Scott was given by his manager, we don't know the respective offers....but I hope the club did everything possible to keep the best centre prospect we have had in years.

shadowboxer

First Grade
End of the day, he made his decision and moved on. Club I'm sure had a shot and missed. As said cant keep them all, 15 other clubs etc. Put yourself in his shoes, Bellamy or Flanno??? Not a tough decision for a young bloke to consider

cb4

First Grade
Pretty sure it has been said but we offered Scott a very large contract for a Teenager but he left for different reasons. Cant keep them all. Move on.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Ii you or your son were an outside back, you'd stay well away from the Sharks. Sad but true.

Nuffs

Bench
from what i've heard, he could be a "headline" in the making, but for the wrong reasons

has a bit of a reputation

but good luck to the kid. he moved on so we should too

cb4

First Grade
Ii you or your son were an outside back, you'd stay well away from the Sharks. Sad but true.

Agree. I would hate for a teenage kid to want to emulate Val, or Bird, or Feki's rise for us. Would be terrible.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Agree. I would hate for a teenage kid to want to emulate Val, or Bird, or Feki's rise for us. Would be terrible.

Shep gave Val his chance.
If Bird was a Sharks junior probably would have only got a second tier contract and left in NSW Cup. As it was, only got his chance through a dominant 9's performance and the team losing 3 on the trot.
Feki got his chance as a last man standing.

Anyway, the point isn't getting their shot, the point is development and opportunities. Look at how our our outside backs develop and look at the way they are talked about in the media and rugby league circles. You won't be getting looked at for Origin or Australia playing in the centres for us... doing it for Melbourne however, you're chances sky rocket.

Latest posts