What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

nick87

Coach

bileduct

Coach
it truly boggles the mind.
They f**king knew how bad the rest of the video looked for them!

If they could understand that, but then still not figure out that putting handcuffs on someone without actually arresting them because they are asleep was going to seriously undermine their case... This prosecutor needs to be in a different line of work.

bileduct

Coach
I have to take back what I said a few months ago about this case. I thought it was Scott's lawyer that was trying to delay the NRL seeing the video for as long as possible, and that hinted at it not looking good for Curtis.

Now I fully believe it was the cops who were restricting who could see it, and I understand why they did it. They knew they'd f**ked up.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
I reckon I’d be be able to him off in a court Of law based on the evidence provided. Good on him, this whole situation would’ve taking a huge toll on he’s life, personally & professional.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
I personally think the police locked the wrong person up that time around, how many other cases are literally the same but the complaintant haven’t challenged the court of law?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Lol

Scott, who joined the Canberra Raiders late last year, has been charged with multiple offences, including two counts of assault, resisting police, behaving offensively in public and trespassing after being told to leave.

A New South Wales Police statement said officers were called to the Moore Park sports precinct about 12:45am on Monday "following reports a man was acting erratically".

Police found him and tried to help, but said Scott turned on them.

"The 22-year-old man allegedly became aggressive and kicked and punched one of the officers," the statement said.

"The man was tasered and arrested."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-27/police-taser-canberra-raiders-recruit-curtis-scott/11903440

Yep it's the cops fault.

Lol at people believing footballers.
Imagine smugly posting this shit after I suggested cops may have abused their powers.

*ding ding ding* dinners ready Spocky

1400x-1.jpg

some11

Referee
Footage tells a completely different story.

WTF is with pinching his ear??? Then the cuffing, tasering and spraying him for sleeping one off in a park.

Just pull him up and get someone to ride with him in the wagon. What is it with cops being trained to think everyone is out to kill them. It's not like he was off his head on drugs - like Tyrone Biggums said 'how can you sleep if you're high on crack'.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Only the New South Wales Police Force could make a a drunk bogan like Curtis Scott look like Rodney King.

I’m sure the police involved will face stern punishments, like “write a 100 word reflection piece on why your actions were totally right but caused a bit of upset among liberal snowflakes".

It’s outrageous and they should be sacked for that. It’s straight up assault and an abuse of power.

nick87

Coach
I was fairly skeptical of his story, i really thought this was all a ploy to get this handled in the off season ala Fightin' Wighton but i was clear that whilst skeptical , dismissing his claims out of hand on the grounds of absolute faith in the cops was pretty ridiculous

Most of us came out of this with some egg on our face, @Mr Spock!, @carcharias and @myrrh ken managed to take a whole carton and then some. Wooof, you boys gotta man up here or nah?

Yikes, a fun re-read :D

Last edited:

Latest posts