What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Chimp

Bench
Look... the bloke has all the hallmarks of an absolute bell end - the Mole has also made no secret of the fact that there’s been some alleged issues with an ex-partner also that the NRL are fully aware of, but took no action as the individual didn’t want to press charges, go to Court etc.... there’s a hell of a lot of smoke....

BUT.... we don’t know anything that surrounds this incident on camera, we don’t know what’s led up to it, why it happened, what happened after etc, so I’m willing to reserve judgement - there’s every chance the bloke deserved a dig... I know you’re not allowed to belt someone, even if they’re asking for it, especially if you’re an NRL player, but just sometimes, the world would be a much better place with a little immediate repercussion - and I include the NRL playing field in that too!

Vee

First Grade
I'm surprised the coppers aren't investigating because there's no complaint, there's plenty of evidence of disorderly in licensed premises, is that a thing down there?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lesson in this is never sign players from the storm, their merkinery might be tolerated in that shithole but not in normal Australia

Storm dont let go of the good ones usually. I was surprised we cut him as he looked like he could be a very good centre. Now it is clear why we wanted rid. Thanks for picking up our rubbish lol.

Kilkenny

Coach
AFP Officers would’ve responded who aren’t as shit as NSW coppers.
That’s a rather big call and rather sad in many respects.

99% of coppers including those in NSW for the most part just try and do there best in keeping us safe. I’m sure they are not always perfect in every situation and perhaps they could have handled the Curtis Scott situation in Moore Park better I don’t really know I wasn’t there. You seem to have a pre disposed position to police generally from your comment towards NSW police which is a shame.

nick87

Coach
"Perhaps Ivan Malat could have been kinder to backpackers, i dont know i wasnt there" - Killkenny, probably.
😀

Christ mate... you want to talk a pre-disposition. The body cam footage of the Scott incident was clear. They acted inappropriately and so much so that the judge threw the case out, admonished the DPP for the officers actions and he's involved in a civil suit to sue them!

Curtis Scott might well be a total f**king drop kick, but that doesnt give the cops the right to mistreat him

bluey

Bench
Sa part of that is if it was your average Fred Bloggs that happened too then he wouldn't have had the means to fight it.

Sa part of that is if it was your average Fred Bloggs that happened too then he wouldn't have had the means to fight it.
this

police acting inappropriately is a near daily occurrence & almost always goes unreported & uncontested.
its often easier to plead guilty to save costs & be done with it rather then blow a heap of $$ with the lottery a trial might end up being.

it is a blight on our society
& taking it one step further , our how whole legal system is a complete disgrace.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Raiders centre Curtis Scott has been given a backdated three-game ban and a $15000 fine by the NRL for bringing “the game into disrepute” after a fracas at a Canberra bar.
Scott has been stood down by the Raiders since Round 14 after CCTV emerged which appeared to show him punching a patron at Kokomo’s on May 30 2021.
Scott reportedly broke the man’s nose in the alleged incident.
Scott was hit with a breach notice last year after he fell asleep under a tree in Sydney’s Moore Park on Australia Day.
The former Storm star was arrested for a number of charges including assaulting police, but had the charges thrown out at court.
Nevertheless, the NRL handed him a suspended fine of $15,000 which will be invoked if the centre does accept the latest breach notice.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Raiders centre Curtis Scott has been given a backdated three-game ban and a $15000 fine by the NRL for bringing “the game into disrepute” after a fracas at a Canberra bar.
Scott has been stood down by the Raiders since Round 14 after CCTV emerged which appeared to show him punching a patron at Kokomo’s on May 30 2021.
Scott reportedly broke the man’s nose in the alleged incident.
Scott was hit with a breach notice last year after he fell asleep under a tree in Sydney’s Moore Park on Australia Day.
The former Storm star was arrested for a number of charges including assaulting police, but had the charges thrown out at court.
Nevertheless, the NRL handed him a suspended fine of $15,000 which will be invoked if the centre does accept the latest breach notice.

Graciously accepting the baton from Simple jack fighton

BadnMean

Juniors
Is that the cue the Raiders were waiting for to cut this goose loose?

He happens to play the one position our 3 best young players also play (Kris, Timoko, HSS) and which our captain also plays, who happens to be locked into a ridiculously overs 4 year contract.

So there's not a lot of incentive for old Curtis to be kept around. Nothing but a nuisance off the field. Never actually played more than a few games before he's injured or in jail again. Half those games were crap also so fans haven't exactly warmed to him.

Seeya mate.

Latest posts