What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

I feel sorry for the guy, grew up watching players get loose and punch on like it was the accepted norm.
Works hard to hone his skills and gain a contract to follow his hero's, only to learn that society no longer tolerates this behaviour.
The mental anguish this must cause is unprecedented.
Hopefully the nrl or the super league gets him the help he needs to rediscover himself.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yes and men used to come home from work, drink 2 or 3 bottles of beer every night and smash up their wives as well in the day. Society has changed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly the only reason Raiders sacked him was because they overpaid him and he has underperformed.

He gave them reason to be able to sack him. But if he was half decent they keep sweeping it under the rug and he would have dozens more chances before getting sacked.

Not that any other club wouldn't jump at the opportunity either. They would all be hoping for their big money dud signings to give them this sort of opportunity.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
This must be the version of Curtis Scott when he is not on the pish that Hodgson is talking about

Hodgson confirmed that the playing group “got told in a meeting” on Monday — and said that he was “really disappointed” with the outcome.

Hodgson was quizzed on his reaction to the club’s decision to sack Scott before he had his day in court but the veteran knew better than to criticise the Raiders’ handling of the situatio

Questions about Scott’s sacking were abruptly shut down by a club representative but before the topic was declared off-limits, Hodgson had jumped to Scott’s defence.

“Curtis is such a good kid,” he said.

“As can be the case in sport or in the world general when you don’t know somebody and you only see what you hear, you can kind of get a different picture.

“He’s a young man. I think sometimes we can forget he’s made some mistakes in his life as we all have but I’m the type of bloke that doesn’t spend so much time on people who don’t deserve it.

“I’m not going to put a lot of time and effort into someone if they’re not a good person and he’s certainly a really good person.”

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Remember when punch ons used to just be part of every day life. Blokes would finish work at 5pm and go straight down the pub and drink together for a few hours and laugh and carry on, then belt the shit out of each other and then get back on the sauce and laugh and carry on again

Sadly we are all locked up by the communists in our own homes now.

shear_joy9

Coach
Honestly the only reason Raiders sacked him was because they overpaid him and he has underperformed.

He gave them reason to be able to sack him. But if he was half decent they keep sweeping it under the rug and he would have dozens more chances before getting sacked.

Not that any other club wouldn't jump at the opportunity either. They would all be hoping for their big money dud signings to give them this sort of opportunity.
bullshit

they sacked him because all he has done for the club is further drag their reputation deeper into the mud.

nick87

Coach

of course
This is why I don’t get upset about players forcing their way out of bad spots to get bigger contracts at other clubs

this no loyalty, best interests thing goes both ways. If you can get a bigger and better deal at the club you’d rather be at, then go for it. Players should do what is in their best interests

conversely if an overpaid player give a club an easy out on a bad deal, I expect them to do what is in their best interests and take the opportunity to relieve themselves of the contract

It’s all just business

Pretty Penny

Juniors
the love of it all went out of the game. when the local coal miners stopped playing for their team on Saturday afternoon after working down the pit that morning.

BadnMean

Juniors
This must be the version of Curtis Scott when he is not on the pish that Hodgson is talking about

Hodgson confirmed that the playing group “got told in a meeting” on Monday — and said that he was “really disappointed” with the outcome.

Hodgson was quizzed on his reaction to the club’s decision to sack Scott before he had his day in court but the veteran knew better than to criticise the Raiders’ handling of the situatio

Questions about Scott’s sacking were abruptly shut down by a club representative but before the topic was declared off-limits, Hodgson had jumped to Scott’s defence.

“Curtis is such a good kid,” he said.

“As can be the case in sport or in the world general when you don’t know somebody and you only see what you hear, you can kind of get a different picture.

“He’s a young man. I think sometimes we can forget he’s made some mistakes in his life as we all have but I’m the type of bloke that doesn’t spend so much time on people who don’t deserve it.

“I’m not going to put a lot of time and effort into someone if they’re not a good person and he’s certainly a really good person.”
More quotes
“I’d love to give you a headline but I’m not on the board so for me I’m just worried about ‘Scotty’, making sure he’s all right,” he said on Tuesday.

“I’m not going to step outside of my lane, I’m not part of the board, I’m not part of the decisions made at the top. I’m a rugby league player, that’s their job to do so I’m not here to question them.”

Hodgo didn't exactly launch a stirring defence. He was trotted out to run the company line & did so- then softened it for mental health blah blah.

I still think the club should have just said nought and referred back to their press release.

But mate, Curtis was out on his own on Oz day.

Curtis was out on his own at Kokomos.

He's punched on with team mates.

He'll not be missed. He's a bit of a tool.

They just don't want him to neck himself.

shear_joy9

Coach
More quotes
“I’d love to give you a headline but I’m not on the board so for me I’m just worried about ‘Scotty’, making sure he’s all right,” he said on Tuesday.

“I’m not going to step outside of my lane, I’m not part of the board, I’m not part of the decisions made at the top. I’m a rugby league player, that’s their job to do so I’m not here to question them.”

Hodgo didn't exactly launch a stirring defence. He was trotted out to run the company line & did so- then softened it for mental health blah blah.

I still think the club should have just said nought and referred back to their press release.

But mate, Curtis was out on his own on Oz day.

Curtis was out on his own at Kokomos.

He's punched on with team mates.

He'll not be missed. He's a bit of a tool.

They just don't want him to neck himself.
word is he's got a rap sheet that would rival Carney's. Scott should just shut up and lay low for the rest of the year then start the usual bs about quitting alcohol and turning his life around if he wants to continue playing.

t-ba

Post Whore
Curtis Scott's greatest crime is making this man happy with his sacking

dylan-walker_68ihoakue1so1para4quahdt8.jpg

BadnMean

Juniors
word is he's got a rap sheet that would rival Carney's. Scott should just shut up and lay low for the rest of the year then start the usual bs about quitting alcohol and turning his life around if he wants to continue playing.

There's nothing less palatable than leaking your AA + workin at landscapin rehabilitation stories before you've actually been sacked.

Latest posts