What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not sure what to think no more..... Just hope this mess is cleaned up quickly, but I can't see that happening. NRL came out all guns blazing, now seem to be taking a moderate approach. Not sure what stance the eels will take.

Snappy

Coach
Ok, so when's it a good time to pull the tpa's out of the eels cap? 2017? 2018? 2020???? .

Perhaps Gould was only referring to this year ? That's how I read it anyway.

There are serious allegations that some of the TPA deals were completely bogus and being paid to players by the third party, in which the money was provides to from the club to the third party from fake invoices.

Meaning that the money came directly from the club, which then of course has to be included in the cap.

Delboy

First Grade

There are serious allegations that some of the TPA deals were completely bogus and being paid to players by the third party, in which the money was provides to from the club to the third party from fake invoices.

Meaning that the money came directly from the club, which then of course has to be included in the cap.

Snap man, this seems pretty similar if proven to the situation in Qld, $300k taken from the clubs books and unaccounted. The football manager resigns and would not make himself available for interviews, nothing happens

Excuse me if I sound cynical

IFR33K

Coach

I agree with you. But surely not all tpa's are bogus???? Also why are the tpa's being included in this years cap? Surely they should put all the bogus tpa's in the year they occured. 2013 in 2013. 14 in 14 and so on. And punish appropriately for those years. Putting them all in this year is nonsense. In 2011, did the NRL add the amounts the storm were over in 2010, to that years cap?

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
lol delboy not similar at all.

In the Parra case, the NRL appear to have evidence of the money going directly to players, via bogus TPA's.

In the Brisbane case the NRL investigation found that no players had received any extra payments.

Good try though.

IFR33K

Coach

In the Parra case, the NRL appear to have evidence of the money going directly to players, via bogus TPA's.

In the Brisbane case the NRL investigation found that no players had received any extra payments.

Good try though.

Mate, in the Brisbane case, gee failed to answer any questions, and the NRL couldn't obtain documents from the Broncos. So the NRL put it in the to hard basket. Do you honestly believe the Broncos weren't hiding anything?????

Snappy

Coach
I agree with you. But surely not all tpa's are bogus???? Also why are the tpa's being included in this years cap? Surely they should put all the bogus tpa's in the year they occured. 2013 in 2013. 14 in 14 and so on. And punish appropriately for those years. Putting them all in this year is nonsense.

I agree putting all TPA's from previous years all into this years cap is weird, however at this stage I've seen nothing to convince me this has occurred.

My post merely referred to the current year.

Snappy

Coach
Mate, in the Brisbane case, gee failed to answer any questions, and the NRL couldn't obtain documents from the Broncos. So the NRL put it in the to hard basket. Do you honestly believe the Broncos weren't hiding anything?????

I've already posted my thoughts on this issue in this thread previously. Im not going to type it all out again. In brief, Gee clearly had something to hide, but that could be of a persoanl nature, and anything not even related to football. Also that's rubbish that they couldnt obtain documents from the club. The club self reported the matter.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I can't be arsed reading 63 pages of this thread but the dumbest thing about this penalty of 12 points is that the NRL chose a points penalty equal to what they have accumulated this season. What are the odds of that? What if it was the Knights? Would it have been a 3 point penalty? What if it was after round 1? Would it have been 2 points only? I just don't understand the logic that the points penalty should match what they have accumulated to date. Systematic cheating should mean zero points for the entire season.

IFR33K

Coach
I agree putting all TPA's from previous years all into this years cap is weird, however at this stage I've seen nothing to convince me this has occurred.

My post merely referred to the current year.

We can only go by what the media is telling us, and numerous outlets are stating this. Maybe the NRL didn't have much evidence for 2016, and this was there only option with rubbing the eels out for 2016. Who the f knows.

IFR33K

Coach
I can't be arsed reading 63 pages of this thread but the dumbest thing about this penalty of 12 points is that the NRL chose a points penalty equal to what they have accumulated this season. What are the odds of that? What if it was the Knights? Would it have been a 3 point penalty? What if it was after round 1? Would it have been 2 points only? I just don't understand the logic that the points penalty should match what they have accumulated to date. Systematic cheating should mean zero points for the entire season.

What if no evidence of cheating was found for 2016?

El Diablo

Post Whore

Good try though.

only because Gee quit

Latest posts