What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Delboy

First Grade
Snappy Tom, think that what concerns everyone over TPAs and punishment, is that if forensic auditing was carried out, most clubs would have a level of dodginess that would found

TPAs are a massive problem, little doubt certain clubs have done better in concealing the manner in which they are paid. But fans of all clubs would have to be very naive to think that apart from possibly the Knights and maybe 1 or 2 smaller market clubs that all have been above board.

Personally, the fact that the major protagonist at the Eels was a Greenberg fanboy appointment, and one of the few people interviewed, does really seem strange. Then they would not allow the board to present their version prior to handing out a punishment seems to be more a media statement , sucking up to 2gb and Kent ( incorrect spelling :) ) .

Anyway, this will play out and like most people , would prefer it to be over

just find the pious attitude of other club supporters a littl infuriating. Let's stick our head in the sands over TPAs and all will be well, how about we forensically investigate all clubs, no don't want to offend the obvious

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Not sure every tpa would be illegal. I'm sure there's some tpa's from 13/14 where those players are no longer here. It just doesn't add up.
Well the NRL is sure, I'll take their months long analysis of 750 thousand documents over your expert opinion lol. They don't chuck the credibility of the comp and one of the most popular team under the bus for no reason.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Well they're running a billion dollar business that goes from strength to strength each year. I know we complain about refs and the game going soft and everything under the sun. But tlyour talk is just fantasy. The last thing they want is a cap cheating team.

Snappy

Coach
Snappy Tom, think that what concerns everyone over TPAs and punishment, is that if forensic auditing was carried out, most clubs would have a level of dodginess that would found

TPAs are a massive problem, little doubt certain clubs have done better in concealing the manner in which they are paid. But fans of all clubs would have to be very naive to think that apart from possibly the Knights and maybe 1 or 2 smaller market clubs that all have been above board.

Personally, the fact that the major protagonist at the Eels was a Greenberg fanboy appointment, and one of the few people interviewed, does really seem strange. Then they would not allow the board to present their version prior to handing out a punishment seems to be more a media statement , sucking up to 2gb and Kent ( incorrect spelling :) ) .

Anyway, this will play out and like most people , would prefer it to be over

just find the pious attitude of other club supporters a littl infuriating. Let's stick our head in the sands over TPAs and all will be well, how about we forensically investigate all clubs, no don't want to offend the obvious

The everyone is doing it so why cant we defence. You actually think other clubs create dodgy invoices and give third party's money so they can hand it directly to players ?

By the way, good work on Snappy Tom. Never heard that one before.

IFR33K

Coach
At any given day in the year, the NRL is called a bunch of amateurs time and time again. Only reason they are going from strength to strength is because of the clubs and peoples love for the game.

cv8z

Juniors
Well the NRL is sure, I'll take their months long analysis of 750 thousand documents over your expert opinion lol. They don't chuck the credibility of the comp and one of the most popular team under the bus for no reason.

that's better than a lol@souffs

macavity

Referee
Well they're running a billion dollar business that goes from strength to strength each year. I know we complain about refs and the game going soft and everything under the sun. But tlyour talk is just fantasy. The last thing they want is a cap cheating team.

They care about the illusion of fairness. Not actual fairness.

Parra will receive no actual detriment from all this in the long run, and the current system of rorts won't be changed. They play the tune called by the rich clubs.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
At any given day in the year, the NRL is called a bunch of amateurs time and time again. Only reason they are going from strength to strength is because of the clubs and peoples love for the game.
So why would they damage that by destroying weeks season?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
nobody has said Schubert is a fall guy

he's there to help fix things but it appears the NRL have used dodgy methods in determining Parra over the cap this year

they have added TPA's from 2013 to 2015 on to the 2016 salary cap

when Schubert did the Eels 2016 cap figure he used no such stupid methodology. obviously he never did this when he was salary cap auditor

Jesus.

There was a post from Miller is a Legend throwing up the suggestion that Schubert was brought in to play the fall guy.

Not an accusation or statement, but a comment.

I was responding to that.

Not anything in the papers or a widespread belief.

I did quote his comment, so read before getting all defensive, princess.

El Diablo

Post Whore
well they're running a billion dollar business that goes from strength to strength each year. I know we complain about refs and the game going soft and everything under the sun. But tlyour talk is just fantasy. The last thing they want is a cap cheating team.

they lost money last year

El Diablo

Post Whore
Jesus.

There was a post from Miller is a Legend throwing up the suggestion that Schubert was brought in to play the fall guy.

Not an accusation or statement, but a comment.

I was responding to that.

Not anything in the papers or a widespread belief.

I did quote his comment, so read before getting all defensive, princess.

he's a Sharks fan

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
And I bag the wife for watching home and away

This is the best soap going around

Vilians, hero's, plot twists, conspiracy theorists, deep throat informants,

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The reason why i think the nrl should come down on parra is because i honestly believe every other club (besides a couple like say the knights and titans) are probably cheating. I think the nrl should put the fear of god into the teams.

If its a slap on the wrist though this has to be the standard from now on. Which means the cheating will just continue.

Maybe its time to look into the whole system.

Card Shark

Immortal
Totally agree Cash.

Assuming most other teams are "bending" the rules, they'd be thinking "if Parra only got 12 points for what they did, we'd only lose 2. Worth it to get some big names here".

Avenger

Immortal
So it was Scott Seward all along. How isn't that a conflict of interest seeing that Greenberg and him have been good friends for a while? How can his evidence be accepted as reliable if he was alleged to be a rogue CEO and possibly at the very least involved with the breaches? Did he have an epiphany or is revenge the motivator? He has given a 37 page statement. Why can't our board or their legal representatives test the veracity of Seward's evidence? This is why an extra 28 days was given to respond. Interesting times ahead. I cannot see this ending in June.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/par...06-gonsgq.html

POPEYE

Coach
The reason why i think the nrl should come down on parra is because i honestly believe every other club (besides a couple like say the knights and titans) are probably cheating. I think the nrl should put the fear of god into the teams.

If its a slap on the wrist though this has to be the standard from now on. Which means the cheating will just continue.

Maybe its time to look into the whole system.

Be careful ol' mate, you're in danger of alienating yourself here . . . just as the NRL has overdosed on its own importance reality is not this forum's strongpoint

Latest posts