What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Shorty

Staff member
So this is even more embarrassing for the NRL, I'm guessing the Eels have found faults and are banking on them.
If only the Eels board put this much effort into running a good team consistently.

LESStar58

Referee
The Eels are confident of a reduction in penalty. Should hit the media in a week or so. :thumb

Not surprising.

I guess maintaining a strong team in a traditional RL area is more important than maintaining one in a non-traditional market.

_Johnsy

Referee
what are your thoughts on the Parra salary cap rorting situation ?

Keep your head in the sand....

Pot meet kettle.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/brisbane-broncos-under-investigation-for-alleged-salary-cap-breach/story-fn2mcuj6-1225747206698

"The revelation came from the testimony of former Broncos chairman Don Nissen at the corruption trial of former Peter Beattie government minister Gordon Nuttall in Brisbane's District Court.

The Australian has reported the NRL's probe will focus on payments allegedly made to several players, including former Australia prop Shane Webcke, by Talbot in return for guest appearances made at functions, mines and hotels under his business umbrella.

Talbot has never been officially associated with the Broncos through an NRL-approved club sponsorship, but the founder of Macarthur Coal was a long-time member of the Thoroughbreds - a group of wealthy businessmen supporting and advising Broncos players.

During his evidence, Nissen said Talbot was a generous man who had given money to some Broncos players, which was not expected to be repaid.

Under further questioning by crown prosecutor Ross Martin, Nissen said Talbot was "a committed fan" of the Broncos."

The then NRL (aka News Ltd) conducting an investigation into a club they owned, mmmmmmmmmmmm. :roll:

mave

Coach
The Eels are confident of a reduction in penalty. Should hit the media in a week or so. :thumb

How completely unsurprising.

Eels to get away scot free in the end, as well as losing Watmough as an added bonus.

bfoord

Juniors

It has already hit the media ... Schubert is going to try and convince the NRL that the club wasn't rorting as badly as first thought

Hang on. So the argument will be that they shouldn't loose as many points because they didn't cheat to $570k over the cap, they only cheated to $200k and although they signed Jennings on false data Watmough retiring will now bring them under the Cap. Oh and it doesn't matter they allegedly paid through false invoices or that they deliberately and deceitfully tried to hide what they were doing.

Ok good luck tomorrow.

I do however hope they are cleared to play for points this week onward.

IFR33K

Coach
Hang on. So the argument will be that they shouldn't loose as many points because they didn't cheat to $570k over the cap, they only cheated to $200k and although they signed Jennings on false data Watmough retiring will now bring them under the Cap. Oh and it doesn't matter they allegedly paid through false invoices or that they deliberately and deceitfully tried to hide what they were doing.

Ok good luck tomorrow.

I do however hope they are cleared to play for points this week onward.

I take it you know all the facts and have read the preliminary findings in the NRL report? I'm still excepting plenty of twists in all this, as more facts come out. Interesting times.

Latest posts