What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
Your abacus is broken. If he is released so not counted under the cap then someone needs to replace him. You can't have it both ways.

Incorrect, as far as I know. Unless the NRL back date his whole deal, the money we've already paid him still counts, as many have mentioned for payout purposes. A couple of years back we only had 21 players in our top 25 because of cap mismanagement, players who had been released were still being paid top 25 money

Shit EGJ was counted in our top 25 the year after he retired....so unless they've changed the rules he should still be in our top 25 regardless.

betcats

Referee
Incorrect, as far as I know. Unless the NRL back date his whole deal, the money we've already paid him still counts, as many have mentioned for payout purposes. A couple of years back we only had 21 players in our top 25 because of cap mismanagement, players who had been released were still being paid top 25 money

Shit EGJ was counted in our top 25 the year after he retired....so unless they've changed the rules he should still be in our top 25 regardless.

The point is Watmough's 2nd half of the years Salary wont be counted. IF EGJ was still being counted as part of your squad then his salary was still counted as part of your cap.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's all well and good to release peats but they need someone who wants/can afford him. Saints or souths maybe?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Peats would be a great pick up for the Titans.

6. Taylor
7. Elgley
9. Peats

Not bad. They would be a Zillmanectomy away from having a young and talented spine that they could build around for a few years.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'll be gutted if Peats goes tbh....he's a great player and part of the heart and soul of the team. I'd almost rather play for nothing I reckon....

Stagger Lee

Bench
Would be happy for Saints to get Peats - but given the currant management takeover going at at the Dragons any move in the next few weeks would be unlikely.

no name

Coach
I'll be gutted if Peats goes tbh....he's a great player and part of the heart and soul of the team. I'd almost rather play for nothing I reckon....

Yeah, it's an odd one.
Him being linked to the Titans excites me, he would be a definite keeper for mine.
Not sure where the other players' contracts are at though.

LESStar58

Referee
Would take Peats at Melbourne.

The part about the five officials still being allowed to operate continues to baffle me. These guys are apparently the cause and the NRL won't do jack shit. Weak as piss.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Teams should hold parra for ransom on the deal. What's parra going to do turn their noses up. Titans can get themselves a sweet deal if they play hardball.

betcats

Referee
Teams should hold parra for ransom on the deal. What's parra going to do turn their noses up. Titans can get themselves a sweet deal if they play hardball.

Parra will have to play them off each other though, Peats will have plenty of takers surely.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Would take Peats at Melbourne.

The part about the five officials still being allowed to operate continues to baffle me. These guys are apparently the cause and the NRL won't do jack shit. Weak as piss.

They are allowed to work there just to simply put in the response to the breach notice. Makes sense how can you ask them to put in a response then say you can't work there or have any other involvement.

yobbo84

Coach
Given that over the past few years the Titans have signed Luke Capewell, Beau Champion, Beau Falloon, Dave Taylor, James Roberts, Eddy Pettybourne, Chris McQueen and John Olive (as well as other juniors like Brad Takairangi), it seems that Nathan Peats fits their "must have played for the Rabbitohs" recruitment criteria.

Latest posts