What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

ek999

First Grade
If the proposed penalty reported on FSN is correct, then I as an Eels fan want the NRL to detail exactly why we're being rubbed out for the season, because it is completely out of kilter with the reported breaches.

It won't happen, of course.

You have been knowingly over the cap in every match you have played this year. Why should you get any points from those matches?

Bench
The insurance thing still has to be approved and it may be knocked back as pre existing condition, it would have to be a new injury that causes him to retire for it be covered by the insurance and not counted under the cap, essentially just like any other kind of medical insurance.

So Choc retiring may not save them worries and may actually add to their grief, we shall have to wait until all that is assessed and dealt with as well.

Watmough is an insurance claim, and his contract money will not count as money off the cap, they need to get rid of $570k of players before they can play for points.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
I have no sympathy for Parramatta. You think they'd learn after what went down at Storm.

I'd be pissed off that they are allowed to accrue points once they are cap compliant (something the Storm were not afforded) but they've been stripped of the Nines trophy so I'll just dry my eyes on that.

Eels season effectively over seeing as the top ranking officials have been deregistered. Who will manage the cap now?

nick87

Coach
Welcome to Canberra, Junior.
Hopefully he can be in town in time to face the Dragons

Bazal

Post Whore
You have been knowingly over the cap in every match you have played this year. Why should you get any points from those matches?

What part of my post did you take as believing that we're being hard done by? All I want is a detailed explanation of why the NRL has reached a punishment that kills our season, because based on the evidence we've seen, it is heavy handed. So either there is more to it, which we as fans deserve to know about, or it's heavy handed.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Watmough is an insurance claim, and his contract money will not count as money off the cap, they need to get rid of $500k of players before they can play for points.

I am fully aware of that, but under the agreement between the NRL and the players association, if his claim is approved his payout isn't counted towards the cap.

I'm not certain if this years wages would count as he hasn't played but it would eliminate future years, however it is an uphill battle for them regardless, proving that someone who has been treated the last couple years for chronic knee issues retiring because their knees have degraded to a point that they can't play is a new injury and not pre existing is an extremely hard sell.

I think Parra fans expecting that to save them are in for a rough time beyond what is already happening.

ek999

First Grade
What part of my post did you take as believing that we're being hard done by? All I want is a detailed explanation of why the NRL has reached a punishment that kills our season, because based on the evidence we've seen, it is heavy handed. So either there is more to it, which we as fans deserve to know about, or it's heavy handed.

The punishment has killed your season because in the 9 matches you have played you have been knowingly over the cap by $570k. In those 9 matches you have won 12 competition points. Those points have now been taken off you and you will not accrue anymore points until you are under the cap. What more of an explanation do you need

Special K

Coach
If the proposed penalty reported on FSN is correct, then I as an Eels fan want the NRL to detail exactly why we're being rubbed out for the season, because it is completely out of kilter with the reported breaches.

It won't happen, of course.

Because you have cheated the cap since 2013, including all 3 grades last year.

The NRL warned you to get your shit together for 2016 or face a penalty. You went and signed Michael Jennings (AFTER signing Foran, Gordon and Scott) :lol:

Snappy

Coach
THE Parramatta Eels have been docked 12 points by the NRL and face massive sanctions for allegedly “operating a system designed to enable it to exceed the salary cap without detection” since 2013.

The NRL has released a statement alleging the Eels to be currently over the salary cap by “around $575,000” with the Eels unable to play for competition points again until this is addressed, which will force the club into an immediate fire sale.

Parramatta have also been fined $1 million, with $250,000 of that fine to be suspended if the club complies with the NRL’s conditions “within a specified time frame”.

In a final blow, Parramatta’s only recent silverware, the Auckland Nines title won in the pre-season will be stripped.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/48763312fa19050ed713fb8ee1d2c230

nick87

Coach
Because you have cheated the cap since 2013, including all 3 grades last year.

The NRL warned you to get your shit together for 2016 or face a penalty. You went and signed Michael Jennings (AFTER signing Foran, Gordon and Scott) :lol:

Haha seems pretty f**king straight forward, doesn't it?
Parra fans are kidding themselves... Heavy handed? Please

Bazal

Post Whore
The punishment has killed your season because in the 9 matches you have played you have been knowingly over the cap by $570k. In those 9 matches you have won 12 competition points. Those points have now been taken off you and you will not accrue anymore points until you are under the cap. What more of an explanation do you need

You're a Bulldogs fan, so I'll give you some leeway for being thick...

-The evidence until the NRL statement was simply a TPA to Watmough and a payment to Mossop. Nothing else

-That would seem minor to attract such a penalty, so the NRL must give the fans a detailed explanation.

-Hence fans deserve to know what else has happened to attract the penalty.

Simple enough for you? Anyway it looks like the NRL will at least give some more evidence, which is good.

MarkC

Juniors
The penalty is fair.

Parra fans who are not happy should take it up with their management.

Snappy

Coach

-The evidence until the NRL statement was simply a TPA to Watmough and a payment to Mossop. Nothing else

-That would seem minor to attract such a penalty, so the NRL must give the fans a detailed explanation.

Simple enough for you? Anyway it looks like the NRL will at least give some more evidence, which is good.

:lol::lol::lol:

ek999

First Grade

Have you read the NRL's press release? They have already explained you are over the cap this year. You have also been systematically cheating the cap for the past 4 years by either not declaring payments made to players, sourcing TPA's or funnelling payments through dodgy invoices from suppliers.

Last edited:

--Storm--

Juniors
You f**king kidding me... Stripping them of the Nines win, NRL is a embarrassment, none of the clubs even field there best team, its just a fun weekend.

Rhyno

First Grade
Nrl will get their fairy tale finish with parra beating all the odds and winning the gf