What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol throw the toys out why dont you.

You asked who, and I gave an example. There have been plenty over the years that have claimed the 09 title should be theirs
Thats still not the majority of fans though is it???

There are always a couple.

goggles

Juniors
Jennings ------->>>>> Broncos

Why not? considering Brisbane don't appear to have a salary cap. But in all honesty, where would he play? He wouldn't even make your bench ;-) Reminds me of Ribot's move to Manly many years ago...

latest

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Jordan

Juniors
If Parra did somehow win every remaining game and made the 8, would it be fair to the other team placed 5-8 that would have to play them in an elimination game week 1 of the finals?

Game_Breaker

Coach
No .... nice try ... I am also a Dogs fan .... but we don't deserve points for losing matches.

If a team is good enough any points lost to the illegal Parra team should not cost them.

If a team needs an extra 2-4 points to make the 8, do they really deserve to be there?

Ofcourse they don't, they played like crap both times they met parra this year. But if parra don't squeeze in under the cap in time then what happens to their next game? Do both teams get 0 points? Are they effectively a bye and the opposition gets 2 points?

betcats

Referee
Jennings ------->>>>> Broncos

latest

Well so far you are only adding GI and Papali for next year so you probably still have room for a couple more internationals if Wayne can handle having them all in his side, it might be too upsetting for him around the rep weekend.

MarkC

Juniors
Ofcourse they don't, they played like crap both times they met parra this year. But if parra don't squeeze in under the cap in time then what happens to their next game? Do both teams get 0 points? Are they effectively a bye and the opposition gets 2 points?

Parra will squeeze in under the cap, because if they don't they should be playing for zero points, there is no point in doing that.

I didn't like it when they did that to the Storm. A team should always be given the option of becoming legal and playing for points.

This type of penalty is fair to all parties.

I would be happy for all future breaches to be handled this way, dock all points obtained illegally and give them team the option to become legal and play for points.
It is fair, consistent and easy to understand.

Rhyno

First Grade
W@nkers stripped us of our 9's title but that means nothing I seen parra win it and have already got all the excitement outta it

MarkC

Juniors
Well if we are apparently over the cap by 500k then see ya choc

I never understood why they signed him, all of the other signings were good.

In comparison signing Choc on big money was a bad mistake.

A bit of a cleanout of the club management could be good for Parra.

The coach look like a good operator and the players are certainly putting in, management is the leak link.

MarkC

Juniors
W@nkers stripped us of our 9's title but that means nothing I seen parra win it and have already got all the excitement outta it

The 9's title means nothing anyway, it is good entertainment, that is about as far as it goes.

If reports are correct that they have to shed players obviously those saying the team is cap compliant this year mustn't be correct. In which case I would find that the 12 point penalty is probably not harsh enough. If the side isn't cap compliant for the year you would rub them out for the season surely? Or is it speculative journalism at play again?

Front-Rower

First Grade

Teams that lost to Melbourne in 2010 got duck egg so your sorry mob should keep their duck eggs as well...just like my crappy mob ;-)

ek999

First Grade
If reports are correct that they have to shed players obviously those saying the team is cap compliant this year mustn't be correct. In which case I would find that the 12 point penalty is probably not harsh enough. If the side isn't cap compliant for the year you would rub them out for the season surely? Or is it speculative journalism at play again?

No it's been confirmed by the NRL. They effectively have 2 weeks to get rid of 3 or 4 players (at a guess) to start playing for points. That will absolutely kill any depth they have and a couple of injuries (plus Foran out for however long) will kill their season quick smart

I'm sure the Bulldogs would be happy to swap T-Rex for Ma'u...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't really understand why the current team is getting punished for something a previous team did??? Can anyone explain?

From what i can gather, the ARLC seems to be going with a Carrot and Stick approach....

Parra were offered a full reprieve if they took on the structural reforms (staggering board elections so there isnt total turnover in one go, and possibly an independent director). Parra have said no so the ARLC cant really back down.

Latest posts