What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters
If Parra did somehow win every remaining game and made the 8, would it be fair to the other team placed 5-8 that would have to play them in an elimination game week 1 of the finals?

If they play the rest of the season salary cap compliant and make the semi's, good luck to them, they would definitely deserve to be there.

ek999

First Grade
i remember Parra fans being up in arms about not being able to sign Folau in 2013 on a minimal contract. I wonder how much they were offering him on the side

Jaegerex

Juniors
Not sure what choc would think of that though.

I believe if Watmough retired early due to injury, that he would get his entire contact paid out under a players association insurance thing, (which doesnt count under the cap). Dont think he'd get the payout if he was removed under these circumstances

The insurance thing still has to be approved and it may be knocked back as pre existing condition, it would have to be a new injury that causes him to retire for it be covered by the insurance and not counted under the cap, essentially just like any other kind of medical insurance.

So Choc retiring may not save them worries and may actually add to their grief, we shall have to wait until all that is assessed and dealt with as well.

Sphagnum

Coach
Gonna be a dull season with only 5 teams a chance of winning and 1 of those now being eliminated. Thanks a lot to the administrators who allowed this shit to go on. f**ken disgrace.

carcharias

Immortal
what sort of world do we live in when Todd Greenberg is in charge of docking footy clubs for dodgy deals?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No it's been confirmed by the NRL. They effectively have 2 weeks to get rid of 3 or 4 players (at a guess) to start playing for points. That will absolutely kill any depth they have and a couple of injuries (plus Foran out for however long) will kill their season quick smart

I'm sure the Bulldogs would be happy to swap T-Rex for Ma'u...

We'll do them a solid and take Paulo early.

Jaegerex

Juniors
We'll do them a solid and take Paulo early.

That could very well be what would happen, if you could fit him under this years cap.

Also which angry Parra fan took down Nrl.com? I would rather get the info straight from there then rely on news ltd or fairfax atm.

Glen

Bench
Hard to judge the penalty until they tell us how much over the cap the Eels are and the details of the breaches. Will be interesting to hear the details from Greenberg after all the speculation

Jaegerex

Juniors
Hard to judge the penalty until they tell us how much over the cap the Eels are and the details of the breaches. Will be interesting to hear the details from Greenberg after all the speculation

Article on the NRL app says around $570000 over this year, we shall see how accurate that is come the press conferance.

thorson1987

Coach
Well apparenty we are signing Ryan Morgan for this year.

So that gets rid of a pie and coke off the total.

MarkC

Juniors
Gonna be a dull season with only 5 teams a chance of winning and 1 of those now being eliminated. Thanks a lot to the administrators who allowed this shit to go on. f**ken disgrace.

I would only rule out 4-5 teams at this stage.

That leaves another 11-12 teams with some chance of winning, including the new legal version of Parra.

I don't think Parra will make the 8, but I would like to see them try, if they do try they should go close.

It is a reasonable and fair expectation that all teams in the comp are legal.

It is also true that the salary cap process is not ideal and TPA's should be reigned in.
But the clubs management know what they rules are, play within the rules and you won;t have this problem.

moffla

Bench
If you're going to cheat at least do it well!! It's like copying an exam and getting 40/100

Bazal

Post Whore
If the proposed penalty reported on FSN is correct, then I as an Eels fan want the NRL to detail exactly why we're being rubbed out for the season, because it is completely out of kilter with the reported breaches.

It won't happen, of course.

Latest posts