What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Scaven

Juniors
because he has asked for a release
So what? He was out for the season before he asked for a release so he is included I this year's cap no matter what.
Otherwise every team with a player in their last year that gets injured and is out for the season can do the same.

El Diablo

Post Whore
So what? He was out for the season before he asked for a release so he is included I this year's cap no matter what.
i wasn't aware you made the rules

the NRL have said the opposite. you might want to let them know you have overruled them

Scaven

Juniors
i wasn't aware you made the rules

the NRL have said the opposite. you might want to let them know you have overruled them

Have they really? Can you provide a link to that?
The SMH article you posted above is nothing but speculation from a journo.

I would be amazed if that was the case and would open up quite the can of worms.

El Diablo

Post Whore
have you just started following Rugby League and never heard of players asking for a release?

you are the one who has to come up with something showing he would have to be paid for this year even though he has asked for a release. injury has nothing to do with whether he can get one

he could easily chose to sit out the rest of the year with his injury and collect his pay abut if he doesn't want it no one can force him to take it

he will also not be subject to any rules Parramatta have decided if he gets released seeing he was recently fined for doing his own thing

Scaven

Juniors
have you just started following Rugby League and never heard of players asking for a release?

you are the one who has to come up with something showing he would have to be paid for this year even though he has asked for a release. injury has nothing to do with whether he can get one

Haha so now the NRL didn't say it?

I didn't think so, and can you show me where this has happened before?

You are an idiot if you think the NRL would let this happen, the Eels already got a favorable decision when Watmough was allowed to retire even when blind freddy could see his injury was pre-existing.

So you Parra fans think it would be OK for you to sign Hayne mid way through the season, even though you have cheated the cap for the past 3 years and had to shed players this year to get under? Wow

El Diablo

Post Whore

are you telling me you've never heard of a player asking for and getting a release :confused:

You are an idiot if you think the NRL would let this happen, the Eels already got a favorable decision when Watmough was allowed to retire even when blind freddy could see his injury was pre-existing.

the insurance Doc didn't agree. perhaps you should have a word with them saying their diagnosis was incorrect

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Haha so now the NRL didn't say it?

So you Parra fans think it would be OK for you to sign Hayne mid way through the season, even though you have cheated the cap for the past 3 years and had to shed players this year to get under? Wow
Being injured he'd still be required to turn up to training, video sessions and whatever obligations he'd have with the club. In his mental state he clearly isn't up to it so he asked for a release which was granted.

Not much the NRL can do about it. Certainly can't force Parra to pay him if he doesn't want to be there

Scaven

Juniors
Who cares what they pay Hayne, they're not going to make the finals anyway

It would be interesting to see how long it takes Hayne to get back to actually being as good as he once wasif, that is even possible. He had to bulk up for NFL which might slow him down a bit.

Card Shark

Immortal
Who cares what they pay Hayne, they're not going to make the finals anyway

Well, Youre obviously not a person of principle.

They should be disqualified from ANY finals chance (so even a miracle can't save them...like Leicester's win in the EPL)

blaza88z

Coach
says the dope who follows drug cheats

how's that any different from someone such as yourself who follows a team that cheated the cap, are you going to change your allegiance because of all the shit your club found themselves in?

if not, don't even bother bringing up what happened with Cronulla