What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegarph - The punchbowl form guide

slamminsam246

Juniors
WTF is this crap about Menzies hit on Smith being "against the spirit of the game" (or sumfin like that)!? The hit was clean as day (not high or a spear), let alone huge. He is known as one of the best (the best IMO) attacking backrower to lace up a boot, but his defence in his latter years were just as brilliant. He is an absolute legend!

Harold Bishop

Juniors
:lol: :lol: I never knew smashing a bloke was against the spirit of the game.
They must make em' soft in the ACT ;-)

Utey

Coach
Harold Bishop said:
Put the crackpipe down and walk away...
Menzies was always an awesome defender, and i would go as far as to say he is the best defensive backrower in the game..

Hindy/Morro/Fitzy(not lately)

willvillain

Juniors
I concur re: the confusion of the "spirit of the game". Big hits are no nos these days? F*ck that right off. I cannot fathom how a beautifully timed hit which was as legal as fireworks in Canberra can be considered "against the spirit of the game". Awen Guttenbiel's hit from a year or so ago was against the spirit of the game - but only because it was illegal (in that he was offside) and because he went on with it after the hit was over (and the bloke was clearly injured).

Sonny Bill's hit on Clinton - against the spirit of the game? Hell no.

I quite like Canberra though, some good juniors - I rate Tilse, he's quality - and two ugly hard bastards in Croker and Smith. But premiership chances? I just can't see it. There has to be SOME team that doesn't make the finals, and despite having the odd strength here and there I just can't see Canberra being one of the teams that breaks into the eight. Then again, I wouldn't be too surprised if they DO make the eight, because of the evenness of the comp. So glad footy is back.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
I rate Morrison in attack, but has a tendency to go high in tackles - i think that his tackling technique is poor.
Hindmarsh and Fitzy wont ever let someone slip past them, in my (maybe biased) opinion Menzies has the best technique out of the three, he hits hard and low consistently.

I normally find Vince Sorrenti about as funny as terminal bowel cancer....but even I had to laugh at his quote re. the Souths' boardroom/takeover faction battles - "It's like watching 2 bald men fight over a comb!"

:lol: :lol:
Ahhh, I'll pay that Vince!!

Latest posts