What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Lauire

hitman82

Bench
You can't have seen much then.
And whoever said he has a great name also has rocks where their brain should be. It's average at best.

Hair, presence and general barbarism makes this guy a definite contender for future cult figure.
Laurie is a total monster. Can't wait to see him crush a pansy like Mason into oblivion.

hitman82

Bench
He's like Mason, but tougher, blacker, cooler and with a good attitude. How can you not like that?

Bench
The WestsTigers had in him under their noses as he was signed by Western Suburbs,it wasn't until the Bulldogs come sniffing that Laurie got a call up and a NRL contract.
Anyhow good to have him on board,and by the way Sheens wants him as a wide running secondrower,he is playing him tight until he learns some more.
A backrow of Laurie, Ellis and Heighington in 2009 is not too bad I think.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He's like Mason, but tougher, blacker, cooler and with a good attitude. How can you not like that?

In some ways when he hits it up he reminds me of Feka Paleaesina when he first came on the scene for the Warriors with those massive charges he used to make- just really spectacular to watch. I'm still gutted that he went to the UK (although he might end up back on this side of the world in a few months I think, as he's gonna have visa problems!)

Sir Biffo

Bench
I was at the game at Suncorp where he made his debut and people all around were asking "Who is that bloke".

He is fearless in defence, just throws himself in with no regard to head position or anything like that.

I really hope this guy can make it. He'd be a great personality player for kids. Willie Mason without the garbage - how good would that be!

super_coach

First Grade
An offseason with the top grade in the gym, he is going to be massive. Sheens has plenty of failings but one thing he is good at is bringing a kid along and slowly building him up into a FG player. Should be very good for the WT and a crowd pleaser to replace the great HOGO

hitman82

Bench
In some ways when he hits it up he reminds me of Feka Paleaesina when he first came on the scene for the Warriors with those massive charges he used to make- just really spectacular to watch. I'm still gutted that he went to the UK (although he might end up back on this side of the world in a few months I think, as he's gonna have visa problems!)

Yeah I agree. Even though Feka did bad, I would love to have him back in the NRL or even with the Warriors. While we have a million second rowers we will be Seriously lacking experience at Prop when Price and Wiki have both departed.
I say bring him back and give him a few months in the Vulcans to get fit again, then 2010 he can provide a wise (and angry) head in the front row.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Feka heading for Pomgolia at age 23 was a tragedy imo, almost as much of a tragedy as how under-utilised he had been by the Warriors up to that point.

His form in 04 and 05 was good, and for me it's an oft-overlooked stuff up that we ditched Feka for old Rubes, on his last legs and probably costing twice as much....

Abz

Juniors
Was he the guy in 17?

Loved the slowmo of one of his late hit ups, the look of confidence and concentration on his face. It's what the game needs tbh... maybe my Eels can sign him up?
Yep. I remember he and Thaiday clashed. All you see is black curley hair clash all over the place :lol:

Brookie

Juniors
The story in the paper the other day outlined his setbacks such as a clash with the law makers. His first game against the Broncos was his best when he levelled Corey Parker and Karmichael Hunt.

The bloke still doesn't know how to play positionally yet the players try and get him into line behind play. A very raw young bloke who only took up league a couple of years ago and was picked up at an Aboriginal knockout at Henson Park.

Good luck to the young lad.
so is he aboriginal or TSI?

simon says

First Grade
An offseason with the top grade in the gym, he is going to be massive. Sheens has plenty of failings but one thing he is good at is bringing a kid along and slowly building him up into a FG player. Should be very good for the WT and a crowd pleaser to replace the great HOGO

He will surely get bigger after training with first grade for a year.

I love him,enthusiasm and passion........giddyup!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Feka heading for Pomgolia at age 23 was a tragedy imo, almost as much of a tragedy as how under-utilised he had been by the Warriors up to that point.

His form in 04 and 05 was good, and for me it's an oft-overlooked stuff up that we ditched Feka for old Rubes, on his last legs and probably costing twice as much....

I think the Warriors developed him perfectly- He was VERY raw when he debuted in '01, remember he was only 18 and prolly a bit raw for NRL at the time. He took a couple of years to develop the fitness and work ethic needed for a top-class prop but he got the game time once he developed properly and he was awesome in his last season with us. The only mistake we made was apending the $$ on WIki instead of locking Feka up for a few more seasons.

Huge fan of this kid. Doesn't care who or what is in his way, just runs the ball hard and hits hard in defense. Probably the only guy with enough hype to beat Sandow for rookie of the year.

sass

Juniors
was there another thread about daine?? I think I said in it he's fabulous AND HE IS. he won me over the second he bitchslapped corey parker. I adore him.

in other news there's never going to be a thread that spells his name right, is there?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Huge fan of this kid. Doesn't care who or what is in his way, just runs the ball hard and hits hard in defense. Probably the only guy with enough hype to beat Sandow for rookie of the year.

He's got a fair way to go before he beats Sandow for that accolade to be fair.