What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Raiders

A bit of an early team list for me with injuries included.

This is what I would like vs Raiders.

01. Tuaupiki. (gk1)
02. DWZ.
03. MGT.
04. Leiataua.
05. RTS.
06. CHT. (gk2)
07. TMM.
08. AFB.
09. Egan.
10. Ford.
11. Niukore.
12. Barnett. (c)
13. Walker.

14. Lussick.
15. Tevaga.
16. Halasima.
17. Capewell.

What I think Webby would do:

01. Tuaupiki.
02. DWZ.
03. RTS.
04. Pompey. (gk1)
05. Kosi.
06. CHT. (gk2)
07. TMM.
08. AFB.
09. Egan.
10. Ford.
11. Capewell.
12. Niukore.
13. Harris. (c)

14. Walker.
15. Tevaga.
16. Afoa.
17. Halasima.

Meth

Staff member
Too soon to tell who is injured or how bad, but assuming CNK is out-

1- Tauipiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Leiataua
4- Pompey
5- Tuivasa-Sheck
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Niukore
12- Capewell
13- Walker

Res- Tevaga, Halasima, Afoa, Lussick

Too soon to tell who is injured or how bad, but assuming CNK is out-

1- Tauipiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Leiataua
4- Pompey
5- Tuivasa-Sheck
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Niukore
12- Capewell
13- Walker

Res- Tevaga, Halasima, Afoa, Lussick
Tuaupiki is a great addition to our team, your team looks spot on.

Webby mentioned that both CNK and Montoya will definitely be out, as for the others he's unsure.
Thank you, Bye, it's a good time to rest.

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
Will Barnett be able to back up after Origin? We play the Raiders on Friday night

Meth

Staff member
He'll play between 20-30 minutes in Origin and then be on the plane to Canberra.

Meth

Staff member
Jackson Ford facing a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact charge- either a fine or 2 match suspension. Unfortunately, I think he'll pay the fine and be available to play.

Meth

Staff member
NRL Physio (on X) saying that if CNK's strain is minor/moderate, it's a 2-4 week injury.

Meth

Staff member
Don’t risk him, we have Tuapiki and RTS

Yeah, I guess my point there is that if CNK's injury is relatively prolonged, does it strengthen the case for RTS to go to fullback. We have Leiataua, Graham-Taufa, Berry coming back. We're short a wing and I'm not super sure who goes there...but if we're really planning a final push for the finals, what's best?

RTS to fullback for me, no brainer. Tuaupiki's days will come.

Leaitaua to centre, Moala Graham to wing.
I'd be okay with RTS at fullback if the team list looks like this:

01. RTS
02. DWZ
03. Leiataua
04. Pompey (gk1)
05. MGT
06. CHT (gk2)
07. TMM
08. AFB
09. Egan
10. Ford
11. Barnett (c)
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. Tuaupiki
15. Tevaga
16. Halasima
17. Capewell/Sifakula

Given the bench Slater has picked Capewell could be in for a lot of minutes in Origin. Be a huge effort to back up only 48hrs later but could open the door for one of the youngsters.

Blair

Coach
Given the bench Slater has picked Capewell could be in for a lot of minutes in Origin. Be a huge effort to back up only 48hrs later but could open the door for one of the youngsters.
I think backing up on the Friday night is generally frowned upon these days. They're asking too much of the player and, that player, is often not the best person to ask.

#mitchnkurtoriginrest (not a real hashtag!)

Last edited:
I think backing up on the Friday night is generally frowned upon these days. They're asking too much of the player and, that player, is often not the best person to ask.

#mitchoriginrest (not a real hashtag!)
Yea agree, the physical toll would be huge. Not just for the Fri game but it wouldnt surprise if the effects lingered well beyond too.

But the only reason I didnt write Capewell off entirely from backing up on the Friday is because Su'a did it for the Dragons after game 1 and Crichton also did it for the Dogs after game 2. So there's precedent this season, ironically from the guy he's replacing.

sup42

Juniors

#mitchoriginrest (not a real hashtag!)
Reminds me of Fred Allen the legendary All Black who has had his Rugby League history erased by the Union saying "On Saturday I played for Auckland at Eden Park, on Sunday I played for Auckland at Carlaw park".

I am ok with what you are saying about no play as a back stop, but if a guy plays origin and barely sees the ball, then he absolutely should be able to run out for this club side a couple of days later.

All that said it does look like we will be running out a baby side vs the Raiders.

sup42

Juniors
I wonder how many head shots we will cop next time around? should start a betting pool.

sup42

Juniors
1. Tuaupiki
2. DWZ
3. Graham-Taufa
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Ale
11. Ford
12. Laban
13. Walker.

14. RTS
15. Afoa
16. Lussick
17. Leka Halasima

Something different.

Last edited:

ozenzud

Juniors
The thing that scares me most, is that Capewell and Barnett were both out for the Titans massacre. Barnett was there and HUGE for the unlikely wins we got in the weeks before.

Canberra will put the final nails in the coffin of the warriors season I fear.