What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Lauire

jimmythehand

Juniors
He's also from the mighty town of Yamba, which the CSIRO says has the best all-year climate in the world. It's been magical here the last couple of days, fancy being able to take the kids to the beach in the middle of winter!

Luke Douglas (the next shane webcke?) is also from yamba.

Could we be the next great breeding ground :)

Pedro Collins

Juniors
The story in the paper the other day outlined his setbacks such as a clash with the law makers. His first game against the Broncos was his best when he levelled Corey Parker and Karmichael Hunt.

The bloke still doesn't know how to play positionally yet the players try and get him into line behind play. A very raw young bloke who only took up league a couple of years ago and was picked up at an Aboriginal knockout at Henson Park.

Good luck to the young lad.

Nook

Bench
As a Tigers fan I love him too.

But he was a bit of a liability around the rucks today, particularly in his first stint. Had a good crack in the last 20 though.

Geez its good to have a big fella in the pack.

Kiki

First Grade
hes amazing. we wrote about him on our blog in that game vs the broncos. i love his long long legs. heaaart.

Jono078

Referee
I think everyone is liking him because he is coming in with no fear running hard, getting involved, tackling hard and most of all not making errors, he looks like he can create things with an offload too.

It's just like SBW has been dropped into their team from out of nowhere, how can you not love that lol.

girvie

Staff member
I watched him a few times in the NSW Cup for the Magpies and you could see he had a lot of potential. It's fantastic the way that he has taken that form into the Nrl.

ByRd

First Grade
I love watching this guy play and the way he runs is awsome, more forwards should do that.

Another to watch out for in the future is big John Kite from the dogs, didnt have the best game last night but is only 19/20 and will get better, is a giant of a man and he and big Daine are players to look out for in the future

Noa

First Grade
NRL's newest cult figure?

My girlfriend dosen't even like league, but everytime shes forced to watch the tigers she loves it when he gets the ball or puts a big hit on.

The guy is very raw however its players like him that bring fans through the gate.

We love the Great Daine!!

So she loves seeing this 6"6" black-man thrust himself into the defensive and line and hammering the opposition when they cart the ball up.

Interesting....:badgrin:

i like him a lot

Galloway and Laurie is gonna make a great prop duo in years to come imo
and than with Gibbs a great defensive prop

and people say the tigers pack is too small :shock:

Dogaholic

First Grade
We will have Daine Laurie look-a-like Jamal Idris burst onto the scene next year. 17 years old, 192cms and Nigerian/Aboriginal mix just like Laurie.

We will have Daine Laurie look-a-like Jamal Idris burst onto the scene next year. 17 years old, 192cms and Nigerian/Aboriginal mix just like Laurie.

yep tigers have another one to
Holo Tonga is 116 kg AND 197 cm and is only 20

KG 195CM & 107KG 23
LAURIE 198CM 108KG 23
TONGA 197CM 116 KG 20

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ftr, I don't think someone is awesome just cos they're tall, black, and have dreads.

Fair go in Laurie's case though, he does look pretty good. Enjoyerd wantching him against the Warriors a few weeks back, although our forwards had hism well covered, Mannering in particular lined him up a few times but he kept coming back for more.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Does anyone remember a player called Fuifui Moimoi? He used to play for the Parramatta Eels.

Daine Laurie reminds me of him.

Latest posts