What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Cowboys News

DC_fan

Coach
what the f**k is Scandrick doing on 7.7mil...

When I read it I thought the same thing.

As the story said his contract was redone last year and it looks to be an impact from that.

If we think the NRL salar cap is complicated, it's nothing when compared to the NFLs cap. So somehow I expect Scandricks figure to change.

DC_fan

Coach
It is being reported that some sources close to the team are saying that the Cowboys will not tender every restricted free agent.

Wide receiver Kevin Ogletree and quarterback Chris Greisen look to be missing out. Therefore will be able to sign with any team they like.

The one restircted free agent they will tender an offer to is fullback Tony Fiammetta. The thought is that he will receive a $1.26m tender.

If a team signed Fiammetta and the Cowboys chose not to match, they would receive a fourth-round in return because that’s the round Carolina selected him in 2009.

DC_fan

Coach
The http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...s-to-go-all-in-for-chiefs-cb-brandon-carr.ece

are reporting the Cowboys look to be going all out for Chief cornerback Brandon Carr.

Everything I read suggest he will be with the Cowboys in 2012. Lets hope its true.

The team is in a real need to for a top notch CB to work with Mike Jenkins and Orlando Skandrick. If the boys' sign Carr then it could make a big differnece as to whom they take in the 1st round of the draft where they have the 14th pick.

legend

Coach
What would Spencer's value be if he was franchised? He has to be paid a one year contract at the average of the top five salaries at his position doesn't he? Dallas would be on the hook for $10 million+ if they franchised him. Just think about guys like Mario Williams and how much they are on.

Spencer goes to FA IMO. Will probably go to the Raiders. A team stupid enough to pay massive $$$ to any FA.

DC_fan

Coach
What would Spencer's value be if he was franchised? He has to be paid a one year contract at the average of the top five salaries at his position doesn't he? Dallas would be on the hook for $10 million+ if they franchised him. Just think about guys like Mario Williams and how much they are on.

Spencer goes to FA IMO. Will probably go to the Raiders. A team stupid enough to pay massive $$$ to any FA.

The figures I see mentioned a lot for Spencer to be franchised are in the $8-9 million range. For me thats more then he is worth. He is very good against the run, but poor at the pass rush. In my opinion you don't pay that sort of money for someone who doesn't get a lot of sacks.

I would love for Mario Williams to be a Cowboy. But I have two concerns about him. The first being, up until last season he played DE before moving to OLB. If he were to become a Cowboy thats where he would play. The second concern I have with him is that he has been injured a fair bit in the last two seasons. He played 13 games in 2010, while last season he only played 5.

Monk

Referee
I don't think legend suggested that the Cowboys would get Mario Williams, just saying that paying Spencer that kind of money, should mean that he is in the same class as those kind of players, which is isn't.

DC_fan

Coach
I don't think legend suggested that the Cowboys would get Mario Williams, just saying that paying Spencer that kind of money, should mean that he is in the same class as those kind of players, which is isn't.

Spencer is no where near the class of Williams. I would not pay Spencer the dollars he will get as a franchsided player. But then I am not Jerry Jones.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
So will the Cowboys tag Anthony Spencer?

They have until tomorrow to make the decision. The fact they are taking their time while other teams have jumped in quickly has to suggest that the Cowboys have doubts.

Some talk that Dallas are interested in Mario Williams. Could that be factoring in on their decision?

DC_fan

Coach
The cowboys have placed the Franchise tag on OLB Anthony Spencer at a cost of $8.8m.

The tag can be removed and the player will then become a free agent.

DC_fan

Coach
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/former-falcon-brooking-sued-1376462.html

Former Atlanta Falcons star Keith Brooking owes nearly $2 million to Wells Fargo for loans he never repaid, a lawsuit filed in federal court alleges. But a representative for Brooking says there is no truth to the allegations.
Enlarge photo

CURTIS COMPTON, ccompton@ajc.com Keith Brooking is shown in this AJC file photo cheering on the Falcons' offense during a 2008 game against the Buccaneers. Brooking, who played for Atlanta from 1998-2008, is being sued by Wells Fargo for $2 million in loans he never repaid, a lawsuit alleges.

Brooking, now a Dallas Cowboys linebacker, allegedly secured two loans from the bank in August 2008 totaling more than $2 million, according to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by the AJC. But as of January, Brooking still owed the bank $1,996,224.73, plus accruing interest, late fees, attorneys' fees and costs, the suit states.

Wells Fargo contends the football player has attempted to shift assets to avoid repaying the loan, according to the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Atlanta. Brooking's wife, Holly, is also named in the suit.

"Upon information and belief, beginning in 2008, K. Brooking realized he would not be able to meet his obligations to his creditors, including Wells Fargo. K. Brooking therefore acted to fraudulently transfer his individual wealth and assets, including, but not limited to, transferring real property located in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina to insiders," the suit states.
Reached by the AJC, Brooking referred questions to his agent, Pat Dye Jr., who said the allegations are not true.

"There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support Wells Fargo’s allegations that Keith transferred any properties to fraudulently conceal assets," Dye told the AJC by telephone. "He is absolutely, fiercely defending himself in this lawsuit."

Brooking, 36, grew up in Coweta County and played football at Georgia Tech before being drafted by the Falcons in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft. He was a five-time Pro Bowl selection during his 11 seasons with the Falcons. He joined the Cowboys in 2009 as a free agent after he and the Falcons did not reach agreement on a new contract.

NO wonder why he wants to play again.

DC_fan

Coach
In a few days time when free agency begins Martellus Bennett will become the #1 tight end on the FA list.

Martellus has said he wants to be his teams number one TE. That won't happen at Dallas while Witten is there. So it appears most likely he will be else where next season.

The guy has talent and I have no doubt teams will chase him. When Bennett come out of college big things were expected of him as a receiver. Never lived up to those expectations. Though he has proven to be a good blocker.

A team will sign him and pay big dollars in the hope he finally lives up to those expectations.

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys have released Terence Newman CB and David Buehler K.

The team has also restructered the contracts of Doug Free OT and Orlando Scandrick CB to free up space in the cap.

Their is reports that Dallas will not offer Exclusive Rights Free Agents Jesse Holley WR and Tony Fiammetta FB a contract. Because of this they are now free agents and can sign with any other team.

Free agent CB Brandon Carr is expected to visit Dallas tonight. Quarterback Kyle Orton is also expected to visit.

DC_fan

Coach
The Dallas Cowboys are pround to announce the following signings

Brandon Carr CB 5 years $50.1m
Kyle Orton QB 3 years
Lawrence Vickers FB 2 years
Mackenzy Bernadeau G 4 years

The Cowboys had visits from three other free agents, they being safety Brodney Pool, tight end Kellen Davis and linebacker Dan Connor.

Carr and Ortons record speak for themselves.

Vickers is more known for his blocking then any other part of the game. At 6-0 and 250 pounds he has good size for a fullback. With the release of Fiammetta a new FB had to be found.

Bernadeau at 6-4 and 308 pounds could factor in to one of the starting guard positions next season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Vickers leading the way for DeMarco Murray is a very good move for the Cowboys run game

They over paid for Carr imo. He's was a great #2 across from Flowers, remains to be seen if he can go one on one against the games elite recievers and come up big. He'll get tested in the NFC East. Cruz, Nicks, Maclin, Jackson and Garcon.

DC_fan

Coach
Vickers leading the way for DeMarco Murray is a very good move for the Cowboys run game

They over paid for Carr imo. He's was a great #2 across from Flowers, remains to be seen if he can go one on one against the games elite recievers and come up big. He'll get tested in the NFC East. Cruz, Nicks, Maclin, Jackson and Garcon.

I agree with your comments about Vickers. He has expereince of blocking for 1,000 yards a season runningbacks. Plus I was never impressed with our FB of last season, Fiammetta.

As for overpaying Carr, you may well be right. But that always happens in free agency.

DC_fan

Coach
With the signing of Carr I believe it removes the need to draft a cornerback with their 1st round pick.

It opens up the opportunity to draft G David DeCastro even if it involves a trade to move up in the fraft.

Big Mick

Referee
I don't think it does.

You only have 1 real CB on ur roster now.

It replaces Carr from Newman.

Meaning that if Kirkpatrick is still in sights imo.