What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Cowboys News

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and former Cowboys quarterback, Troy Aikman have got together again. This time they have teamed up together with Dunkin Donuts and will open a number of establishments in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

DC_fan

Coach
The "Big Cat" Leon Lett will be assistant defensive line coach for 2012. Lett was a defensive lineman on all three of the Cowboys Super Bowl winning teams of the 90's.

I met Leon when he was playing with the Cowboys. A huge man who was so quick on the playing field. Had a good career, but never reached his potential. A real character off the field

DC_fan

Coach
New Cowboys cornerback Brandon Caee has made it known he plans on putting a halt to the Victor Cruz salsa dance. He plans to get physical with Cruz.

"I want to use all my body,” Carr said on ESPN’s NFL Live last week. “I'm six-foot, 200 pounds. I know he's got to run through me to get wherever he's running, so I'm going to be patient at the line. All that salsa dancing, that's fine, but you've got to come through me."

“I don't plan on seeing no dancing," Carr added.

DC_fan

Coach
SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_ZONE_VENT_COWBOYS_large.jpg

cover.jpg

NFL_2012_Cowboys_VaporTalonElite_large.jpg

With thanks to http://www.dallasnews.com here os the Cowboys' new Nike football gear

legend

Coach
Barron or DeCastro yes, not so sure on Kirkpatrick now they have Carr from the Chiefs.

Carr and Jenkins are a pretty good tandem so Kirkpatrick may continue his slide. I would love him in Denver but we now have Porter and Bailey as our CB's, and I'm fine with that.

DC_fan

Coach
My thought is that it will be a defensive player, which would rule out DeCastro.

It could be a DL, OLB. S or to a lesser extent CB.

If its a DL then Quinton Coples, Dontari Poe (whom I like) or Michael Brokers are real chances.

At OLB they could look at Melvin Ingram or Courtney Upshaw.

I can only see them taking one safety and that would be Mark Barron.

I would be a little surprised if they toom a CB, but if they do obviously Kirkpatrick would be the best choice

DC_fan

Coach
Some very sad news today. Former Cowboys special teams coach Joe Avezzano has died at the age of 68. Joe was with the Cowboys from 1990-2002 and was involved in all three super bowl wins. He won the special teams coach of the season three times.

I had the chance to meet and talk with Joe a few times when he was with the Cowboys. You could never meet a more friendlier or approachable person. He was extremely knowledgable on the game ans easy to listen to.

It would have great to see him as a head coach in the NFL. Was an outside chance to get it one time there in Dallas. But that was as close as he got.

Joe died a from a heart attack while in Italy where he was going to coach a team in the Italian league,

RIP Joe. You were. Great man in more ways then one.

Avezzano_040512_300.jpg

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Dallas have picked up of waivers, former Tampa Bay quarterback Rudy Carpenter.

He had previously spent time with the Cowboys in 2009 as a member of their practise squad.

DC_fan

Coach
Tony Romo is a proud new father. His wife has given birth to a 8 pound 8 ounce baby boy they have named Hawkins Crawford. He was born at 5.30 pm on Monday April 9th.

DC_fan

Coach
Tony Romo says the Cowboys are ready to take the next step

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2012, 7:08 AM EDT
romo-e1323222116259.jpg
Getty Images The Cowboys took a step forward last season, improving from 6-10 to 8-8, but it wasn’t the big step the folks in Dallas were hoping for. This year, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo says, his team is ready to take a much bigger step.
Romo said on the Ben and Skin Show on KESN-FM 103.3 in Dallas that he believes he’s personally ready for a big year, and he’s going to lead the way in the Cowboys having a big year.
“For myself, it’s just about how can I improve? How can I get better? Now, can I bring my teammates along with me? How can they improve and get better? Then our football team can take that next step,” Romo said, via the Dallas Morning News. “We’re doing some things that I think will allow us to do that. I’m excited about some of the stuff we got going on. I think we’re going to be an improved football team next year. It’s about time that we go to that next step, and I think our team is going to be ready for that.”
In Romo’s six seasons as the Cowboys’ starter, they’ve made the playoffs three times and won one postseason game. Is “that next step” the Super Bowl? Romo thinks they’re going in that direction.
“I think we’re getting to a point where we’re going to have some pieces in place that are going to help us quite a bit,” Romo said, “and we’re going to have a chance.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-cowboys-are-ready-to-take-the-next-step/

DC_fan

Coach
Dallas have released kicker Kai Forbath. The 2011 free agent rookie spent the season on injured reserve.

Forbath was a highly rated kicker coming in to last years draft. He won the Lou Groza award in 2009.

That leaves Dan Bailey as the only kicker on the Cowboys roster.

DC_fan

Coach
Here's a game-by-game look at the Cowboys' 2012 regular-season schedule: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=C29C3822-9333-67C6-52E0EC3506A26822

at NY Giants (Sept. 5) The NFL season begins with a rare Wednesday night game, when the Cowboys will be in attendance as the Giants unveil their Super Bowl XLVI banner. 2011 Record: 9-7

at Seattle (Sept. 16) For the second straight year the Cowboys will play their first two games of the season on the road. 2011 Record: 7-9

vs. Tampa Bay (Sept. 23) The home opener pits the Cowboys against one of the teams they dominated most in 2011. 2011 Record: 4-12

vs. Chicago (Oct. 1) The Cowboys will be making their 74th appearance on Monday Night Football, sporting a record of 43-29 in those games. They've played the Bears only once, however, in 1996. 2011 Record: 8-8

Bye (Oct. 7)

at Baltimore (Oct. 14) The Ravens embarrassed the Cowboys in the last matchups between the two teams, closing down Texas Stadium with a 33-24 win over Dallas in 2008. 2011 Record: 12-4

at Carolina (Oct. 21) How will Rob Ryan game plan to stop Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, the 2011 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year? 2011 Record: 6-10

vs. NY Giants (Oct. 28) The Giants' 2011 season was on the brink in Week 14, but they shocked the Cowboys Stadium crowd with two late TDs and a blocked field goal that wrestled control of the NFC East away from Dallas. 2011 Record: 9-7

at Atlanta (Nov. 4) This Sunday Night Football matchup will feature two of the league's all-time greats at tight end, Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten. 2011 Record: 10-6

at Philadelphia (Nov. 11) The Cowboys are 0-3 against Philadelphia with Michael Vick as the Eagles' starting quarterback. 2011 Record: 8-8

vs. Cleveland (Nov. 18) Will Texas native Colt McCoy still be the Browns' quarterback? 2011 Record: 4-12

vs. Washington (Nov. 29) The Cowboys should get their first look at Heisman-winning quarterback Robert Griffin III, the Redskins' likely pick at No. 2 overall. 2011 Record: 5-11

vs. Philadelphia (Dec. 2) Not since 2002 have the Cowboys played three home games in a row. 2011 Record: 8-8

at Cincinnati (Dec. 9) Terence Newman won't be the only former Cowboys cornerback in the building, as the Bengals defense also includes Adam "Pacman" Jones and is run by Mike Zimmer, the former Dallas defensive coordinator. 2011 Record: 9-7

vs. Pittsburgh (Dec. 16) In 2004, when the Steelers visited Dallas last, Texas Stadium was filled with gold terrible towels. 2011 Record: 12-4

vs. New Orleans (Dec. 23) The Saints will be without head coach Sean Payton, the Cowboys' former offensive coordinator, who is suspended for the entire year. Could New Orleans players be suspended, too? 2011 Record: 13-3

at Washington (Dec. 30) The NFL's schedule-makers reserve Week 17 for matchups between division rivals. The Cowboys will face the Redskins in the regular season finale for the first time since 2007. 2011 Record: 5-11

We play teams who finished 2011 with a record of 124-127. Though I am not sure thats a whole lot of benefit. Teams strengths and weaknesses change so much year to year I am not sure you can base how you will go on what team did last season.

December has been a poor month for the Cowboys for some time. This season we match up with the Eagles (H), Bengals (A), Steelers (H), Saints (H) and Redskins (A).

Some tough games their. The Bengals will be looking to build on last season and it is in Cincinnati. Steelers, like always will be difficult, Saints are the unkown, at least for the moment. The Redskins, depending on RGIII, could be tough.

Going in to the last 5 weeks of the season I see the Cowboys being 7-4 or 8-3. Whether or not they make the playoffs will depend on how they go in December.