What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
keeney said:
Do they have a league wide players player? Or is it just the RLW poll?

I'm not sure mate. But I think the players give points or something after the game. It's the RLPA players player award I believe.

RABK

Referee
Timmah said:
camsmith-lupoty.jpg

thurstondallympoty.jpg

FFS.... why can i picture you rushing madly to get those two banners done A.S.A.P.

Mr Saab

Referee
Impellitteri said:
To be honest, Farah talked himself down and made very humble comments throughout the WHOLE night. I don't see how anything he said makes him a prick.

If you're going to look at body language then that makes Brohman and Bailey pricks too.

Prior to tonight i had heard him say he had his mind on it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Look i liked Farrah and thought he'd win it, but Thurston has also played some great games this year.

The last two rounds ruind Robbie.

keeney

First Grade
I thought the RLPA endorsed the Dally M's? Actually an RLPA award does strike a bell.

Farah's false modesty at the beginning of the show cemented all ill feeling I had for the bloke, would have preferred him over Smith though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Smith one was already done. It's not as if they take ages to do.

You guys care too much :)

Bumble

First Grade
So Bird gets 23 points, Johnson doesn't even come close so of course the lock of the year is Dallas Johnson.

Dally M's = Joke.

scuzzi

Juniors
Farah should feel great about himself for even being up there. Tigers didn't even make the 8 and he just lost. That really puts things in perspective how much he stood out this year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bumble said:
So Bird gets 23 points, Johnson doesn't even come close so of course the lock of the year is Dallas Johnson.

Dally M's = Joke.

Bird was a nominee for five-eighth of the year.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bumble said:

Dally M's = Joke.

Its not based on points.
Position awards are debated by the judges.

Once Dead

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Prior to tonight i had heard him say he had his mind on it.

If you were in contention, as if you wouldn't be, it may not be more important than winning the game but it is the highest honour in the game so would definitely be in the back of your mind..........just like players declaring that they aren't thinking about their participation in the finals.......it's pretty obvious that people think about it

[furrycat]

Coach
Bumble said:

Dally M's = Joke.

Psssssssst
Preciousssssssssss

Bird played five eighth in some matches toooooooooooo.... :sarcasm:

... so yeah......

preccioussssss

keeney

First Grade
scuzzi said:
Farah should feel great about himself for even being up there. Tigers didn't even make the 8 and he just lost. That really puts things in perspective how much he stood out this year.

Like 04 when the Knights didn't make the 8 and Buderus was happy just being there after he lost in the last round... Oh wait. :p

Bumble

First Grade
Timmah said:
Bird was a nominee for five-eighth of the year.

:?

Timmah said:

Lock

Dallas Johnson (Melbourne Storm)
NOMINATED were Alan Tongue (Canberra Raiders), Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra Dragons) and Greg Bird (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks)

RABK

Referee
Meh the Dally M's will always only matter to the fans of the player taking it out - the rest will just claim it's a farce.

Latest posts