What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

Canard

Immortal
parramaniac2516 said:
Didnt Thurston get 3 points in a losing team in 05. Tell you what the Dally M's have about as much credability as the logies now days.

So are you saying its not possible to be the best player on the field in a losing team?

I agree with the other poster that said player's player is a better award though, guess who won that also.......

Bernster

Juniors
Rod said:
That little girl with her letter to the Knights was robbed for Headline of the year.

I seriously though Joey Pulling the Pin was going to get a nomination but quite frankly, The Roosters had to win something. Notice that the only mention that the Dragons got was when Johnny Dubya got his ugly mug on stage...

Charlie124

First Grade
When JT won it in 05, JoEy who mysteriously got 3 points in a losing team almost snatched it at the end, so its not new.

keeney

First Grade
There are plenty of times when the best player on field is in the losing team, and I think that they get robbed of points they deserve far more often then getting points they don't.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Canard said:
So are you saying its not possible to be the best player on the field in a losing team?

I agree with the other poster that said player's player is a better award though, guess who won that also.......

Thats exactly my point how Farrah didnt get a point atleast is bullsh*t.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why should Farah get a point, he was poor. Gidley and Buderus were better and Jesse Royal got MOTM.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not to mention Farah got a point against Brisbane when Brisbane dead set lapped the Tigers, so he had got his sympathy vote of 2007!

Tommax25

Bench
and mark geyer was best on field in penriths GF win in 1991, but he was sin binned i think or sent off, so does that make you uneligible? (If it does I think its ridiculous the best player is the best player and should be named as such, they shouldnt get the award if they are the second best player but the among the top 33 fairest players on the field)

Crippler

Juniors
well with Thurston winning that means Cowboys wont win the premiership if the dally m curse strikes again.?

shiznit

Coach
congrats to all the winners... i think the judges were spot on.

A couple of things i was thinking... how in the hell did price not score any points against the knights in rd20. the bloke scored a 60 meter run away.... not 1 pt....

i dont know if anyone picked it up but congrats to Jarrod Hayne... Rookie last year and winger of the year this year. fended off second year syndrome pretty well didnt he...

Canard

Immortal
Sorry hate to be a pedant (no thats nothing to do with kiddie fiddling).

But "Best on ground" is such and AFL term, like team list or win the flag.

In league we say Man of the Match award (or in the case of the GF the Churchill Medal)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
proof that Hayne is a better winger than FB? (been saying this before his selection, should have been INU, imo)

Congrats to all winners, specifically Price... who i beleive should have gone closer to shaking the Dally M award (just once id like to see it go to someone who ISNT a playmaker)

And :clap: N Hindmarsh

voltron

Juniors
kurt gidley got MOTM in the brisbane vs Newcastle game early in the year.
im not sure if he got the three points then as well
but proof enough that the losing team can have the best player on the field

Moffo

Referee
remind me again how the f**k lockyer got 5/8 of the year? he didn't play for the last 7wks!

Latest posts