What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

maestro1

Bench
From memory, there were stories that Rod Wishart and the Dragons were not on best of terms. Does anybody remember this?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Tyran seems rly happy down south, they have shown him a lot of faith over the years, consider he was on par with Muhleissen when he left.. I dont see why he would want to come home tbh.
I don't see why anyone would want to come back to the Dragons. I know that training is being mixed between Kogarah and the Gong but seriously who can be f**ked actually going to 2 different training grounds and dealing with our inept board?

TheRev

First Grade
I don't see why anyone would want to come back to the Dragons. I know that training is being mixed between Kogarah and the Gong but seriously who can be f**ked actually going to 2 different training grounds and dealing with our inept board?
I completely hear ya.. the pessimistic side of me agrees, but I think we are building (lets go Cook, Blaize and Stefano!).. I just feel like Wishart (specifically) owes the Storm a lot in terms of opportunity they have given him... and they are in first place.. he must be loving life.

It is possible that in 12 months time if they have no injuries and hes 3rd or 4th string fullback behind Papa, Faalago etc .. and similarly behind Munster and Pezet for 5/8.. maybe he changes his mind.. and maybe he does want to return to the illawarra... but I think his career is moving as well as it could down there right now..

He is 24.5yrs mind you.. so he is coming into his prime years (Muhleissen for reference is 23.3yrs old).

Parko1310

Juniors
I completely hear ya.. the pessimistic side of me agrees, but I think we are building (lets go Cook, Blaize and Stefano!).. I just feel like Wishart (specifically) owes the Storm a lot in terms of opportunity they have given him... and they are in first place.. he must be loving life.

It is possible that in 12 months time if they have no injuries and hes 3rd or 4th string fullback behind Papa, Faalago etc .. and similarly behind Munster and Pezet for 5/8.. maybe he changes his mind.. and maybe he does want to return to the illawarra... but I think his career is moving as well as it could down there right now..

He is 24.5yrs mind you.. so he is coming into his prime years (Muhleissen for reference is 23.3yrs old).
We can do a lot better than Wishart, he really isn't very good. A lot of players who play for Melbourne get a free pass from criticism because in reality no one really cares about Melbourne and they're a good enough overall team who can all do their jobs properly because they're well coached. Wishart (in my opinion) isn't good enough for week to week NRL in a starting 13. In terms of Cook, Blaize and Stefano, well we know we don't win signatures when there's competition for them. We almost didn't get Eisenhuth who's only other option was a reserve grade contract. We have a serious issue

maestro1

Bench
More like encourage any young dummy half we might have to leave the club.
Don't you think that a young dummy half will find another good experienced dummy half like Damien Cook at whatever club he goes to? Difference being that wherever he goes, the dummy half will probably be younger and won't be retiring in a hurry. Meaning that he will be blocked for longer. Smarter to stay under Flanno, learn from Damien Cook and Liddle and then back his ability to try and win the position. Young blokes shouldn't be in such a hurry. Learn your craft

TheRev

First Grade
although I hope the deal is done... that article seems to be based on other assumptions in other articles, which were based on the assumptions in other articles.. its like that human centipede scene in the latest The Boys series.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I think it is the right call by our club to bring in a little more game control and inside 20m attacking options via Cookie

I also could only image how crazy this forum would go if we offered a 34yr old so so prop two seasons from another club

melt down

I truly believe that the Couchman boys in 2025 off the bench can do what lawrie and JDB have been doing. BMM generally has had impact for his 25-30m stints also and can play edge or bench prop.

I also think we are probably trying to lockdown an extension with the Couchmen twins and maybe even Loko Tonga ?

plus Flano has been so direct. He wants another bopper that is truly a starting prop.

I think it is the right call by our club to bring in a little more game control and inside 20m attacking options via Cookie

I also could only image how crazy this forum would go if we offered a 34yr old so so prop two seasons from another club

melt down

I truly believe that the Couchman boys in 2025 off the bench can do what lawrie and JDB have been doing. BMM generally has had impact for his 25-30m stints also and can play edge or bench prop.

I also think we are probably trying to lockdown an extension with the Couchmen twins and maybe even Loko Tonga ?

plus Flano has been so direct. He wants another bopper that is truly a starting prop.
Stefano is the big prop available and he turned down around 800k per year at tigers. He’s not worth 800k. 700k is pushing it. Idk if we should overpay for him. Royce hunt could be a shout on unders (350-400k).

Latest posts