What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Anderson spoke at the PESC meeting last night....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
....and gave a few updates on training and the upcoming trials.

*Jared Anderson (aka Gur - the bearded gear manager from a few years back and Ando's brother) is back with the club and coaching U/17s. I think this is great, he was well loved by everyone at the club while he worked for us, and it was a sad time when you didn't get to see him involved. Well Done!

*When asked about the GF and if they had discussed it, Ando said it hadn't been. While they were comfortable with what they acheived last year, it was still bitter to lose the GF, and they are hungry for 2010.

*Jarryd has matured greatly over the off season physically. Ando described Jarryd in 2009 as a boy playing football, but he now looks like a Rugby League player - a man. (that sounds really weird when i typed it, it totally made sense while we were listening to it and brought many 'oooooohh's from the audience.)

*Tom Humble attended 2009's PESC Annual Dinner and apparently melted all the old ladies hearts. One gentleman went out of his way to thank Ando for sending him along and said he was a fine young representative of the club. Seriously, the women in the audience coo'ed when they mentioned his name, i think he's a charmer.

*Forward pack for 2010 - he alluded to the starting props being Poore and Cayless. Spoke about how a State of Origin player should be starting, but if very aware that any of the four props (moimoi, mannah, cayless and poore) deserves the #8 and #10 jerseys and it was a big decision (but one he doesn't mind having to make).

*Back line for 2010 - one out of Burt/Hayne/INU/Reddy/Grothe/Tahu will miss out. Again, a problem he enjoys having, but he expressed how hard that will be to decide on.

*Perth was going to be a first grade team hit out, until they drew the Dragons in Round 1. That, along with Cayless being out due to having another baby, Hayne in the Allstars team, Hindy unable to play at this early stage and Timana suspended, has now made it a chance to give the babies a run. No point in trying out combinations of firstgrade missing your star fullback, your new recruit in the backline, and your captain/vice captain.

*Tim Mannah will captain the team in the first half in Perth, and Mateo will captain the second. :D :D

*They have very high hopes for Pat O'Hanlon for very near future.

omg - i didn't take notes like that when i was in High School!! Hope you enjoy!

JessEel

Nearly squealed with delight when he said that about Timmy Mannah .... GO TIM!

The other thing of note from Daniel is that Timana is not the only one pushing for a spot in the back line, Jono Wright is right in the mix also, and impressed the coach with his performances late in the year.

The back story on Tom Humble is that he is quite a down to earth kid, this is his first time as a professional footballer and has made some mistakes, but he has a good attitude, used to be a roofer in North Queensland.

Matt Cameron is running the High Performance Centre, as was mentioned at the AGM, he is in effect in charge of all of the Players from Toyota cup down, including the U17 development squad and the U/15 Development Squad.

Eelementary

Post Whore
....and gave a few updates on training and the upcoming trials.

*Jared Anderson (aka Gur - the bearded gear manager from a few years back and Ando's brother) is back with the club and coaching U/17s. I think this is great, he was well loved by everyone at the club while he worked for us, and it was a sad time when you didn't get to see him involved. Well Done!

*When asked about the GF and if they had discussed it, Ando said it hadn't been. While they were comfortable with what they acheived last year, it was still bitter to lose the GF, and they are hungry for 2010.

*Jarryd has matured greatly over the off season physically. Ando described Jarryd in 2009 as a boy playing football, but he now looks like a Rugby League player - a man. (that sounds really weird when i typed it, it totally made sense while we were listening to it and brought many 'oooooohh's from the audience.)

*Tom Humble attended 2009's PESC Annual Dinner and apparently melted all the old ladies hearts. One gentleman went out of his way to thank Ando for sending him along and said he was a fine young representative of the club. Seriously, the women in the audience coo'ed when they mentioned his name, i think he's a charmer.

*Forward pack for 2010 - he alluded to the starting props being Poore and Cayless. Spoke about how a State of Origin player should be starting, but if very aware that any of the four props (moimoi, mannah, cayless and poore) deserves the #8 and #10 jerseys and it was a big decision (but one he doesn't mind having to make).

*Back line for 2010 - one out of Burt/Hayne/INU/Reddy/Grothe/Tahu will miss out. Again, a problem he enjoys having, but he expressed how hard that will be to decide on.

*Perth was going to be a first grade team hit out, until they drew the Dragons in Round 1. That, along with Cayless being out due to having another baby, Hayne in the Allstars team, Hindy unable to play at this early stage and Timana suspended, has now made it a chance to give the babies a run. No point in trying out combinations of firstgrade missing your star fullback, your new recruit in the backline, and your captain/vice captain.

*Tim Mannah will captain the team in the first half in Perth, and Mateo will captain the second. :D :D

*They have very high hopes for Pat O'Hanlon for very near future.

omg - i didn't take notes like that when i was in High School!! Hope you enjoy!

Awesome! Thanks Jess!

Eelementary

Post Whore
The other thing of note from Daniel is that Timana is not the only one pushing for a spot in the back line, Jono Wright is right in the mix also, and impressed the coach with his performances late in the year.

The back story on Tom Humble is that he is quite a down to earth kid, this is his first time as a professional footballer and has made some mistakes, but he has a good attitude, used to be a roofer in North Queensland.

Matt Cameron is running the High Performance Centre, as was mentioned at the AGM, he is in effect in charge of all of the Players from Toyota cup down, including the U17 development squad and the U/15 Development Squad.

That's very interesting.

JessEel

No problems at all guys, we couldn't believe our luck when we saw Ando was going to speak. Happy to pass on the info.

IMO i got the impression he thought Jono did good things, but might be a little away yet.

Jess's predicted team (pending trial form)

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindy
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. K Keating
15. Shackleton
16. Moimoi
17. Mannah

ok, i know ive missed someone ..... who was it??

Stagger eel

Staff member
No problems at all guys, we couldn't believe our luck when we saw Ando was going to speak. Happy to pass on the info.

IMO i got the impression he thought Jono did good things, but might be a little away yet.

Jess's predicted team (pending trial form)

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindy
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. K Keating
15. Shackleton
16. Moimoi
17. Mannah

ok, i know ive missed someone ..... who was it??

Kris INU...but you're probably on the money anyway.

offside ref

Juniors
I like mannah as captain I think when caylo leaves he could fill the role perfectly same with mateo (if he stays with us)

JessEel

I actually intentionally left Krissy INU out, i believe he'll get the NSW Cup spot...but that's my opinion.

No resigning questions were asked, sorry Jakey