What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Hunt

jenninga

First Grade
No doubt he has been out of form, but he is a human being first and foremost, and if he struggling with a medical condition, then that goes a long way to explaining things.

For example, Matt Prior has never been the same player since his brother passed away. He took his frustrations out on Jonathan Thurston one night in Townsville (an act that was never in his game); we have to remember that these off field issues can play a significant role in a players form and discipline on the paddock. I really feel for Matt, he has boundless potential.

Reckon it was poor management letting Prior play during that time,it was obvious he was emotionally struggling.
T o be fair he did hit form again last year.

hardbaby

Coach
Nice guy but he hasn't had it for a few seasons, is on big money, and he needs to move on. Hopefully he gets well and signs a contract in England. But I do not want him at the dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru I don't know if you've known anyone personally who has been subject to taking these meds (I do) but I don't believe this is the case. In fact if anything it's the opposite, and that can be part of the problem. They are so easy to give up that people often do, suddenly and without medical advice, and suffer the consequences of rapid mood alterations/anxiety problems.

I was on them mate... sad to say for 5 years.
Worse than giving up smoking ten fold.
Im sure if effects people in different ways, for me knowing I was running low was a nightmate.
Thats all behind me now than God.

pS the difference may be my diagnosis was clinical severe depression, bi -polar was not diagnosed that easy back then. Huge advances in this area.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
zyprexa and lithium are another 2 you need to get right, you have to keep up with the dose that your doctor prescribes you, otherwise things can get a bit out of hand, anyway its good people have a proper discussion on this, unlike clowns like skippa who said hunt has no ticker, as if some people would be able to throw their bodies at 110kg players on a footy field, imo hunt has plenty of heart, just out of form, who knows he may come good again once everything gets sorted out.

Nice post.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Whether or not to use AD's is a vexed issue and very much an individual decision. Good luck to all who battle the black dog.

Lethal25

Juniors
Bumping this old thread.

I know it's a well worn path but 15 minutes gone and Dan had given away 2 penalties and allowed segeyaro to slide past his right shoulder to score.

Please Mary, it's time

harryzaco

Juniors
Bumping this old thread.

I know it's a well worn path but 15 minutes gone and Dan had given away 2 penalties and allowed segeyaro to slide past his right shoulder to score.

Please Mary, it's time

It's what everyone, except Mary, is thinking

Minh

First Grade
Bumping this old thread.

Please Mary, it's time

He's not up to NRL standard, whether it's his mental state or whatever it is, he needs to earn the right to play first grade again through reserve grade.

Hot tip is Hunt is to become Captain/Coach so he can be proactive in using his skill set moving forward.

Dan Hunt is an accomplished Marquee player of considerable skill and consequential talent. His proactive input and impact on the Dragons brand is of quite a significant and noteworthy standard. Moving forward achieving his key performance indicators and personal goals will add value even further to this proud, historic, iconic and progressive club.

Dan Hunt is an accomplished Marquee player of considerable skill and consequential talent. His proactive input and impact on the Dragons brand is of quite a significant and noteworthy standard. Moving forward achieving his key performance indicators and personal goals will add value even further to this proud, historic, iconic and progressive club.

P. Doust

Father Ted

First Grade

Ben will be a benchmark personnel brand who will embrace and enable a cutting edge , frictionless and holistic return to the successful strategic synergistic visionary blah blah blah 2015 is going to be another long year. Current board members will remain until sufficient family members are produced to replace them.

GT0007

Juniors
Bumping this old thread.

Please Mary, it's time

Dan was the only one that seemed surprised

GT0007

Juniors
He's not up to NRL standard, whether it's his mental state or whatever it is, he needs to earn the right to play first grade again through reserve grade.

100% & if he isnt good enough then he should stay there. He will probably go well at that level

Kuro

Juniors
I just hope the club thought let's give him one game so he can break his 150 milestone and then never play again.

Latest posts