What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Hunt

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
And take Ahmau and Harrison with you.
Forgetting about Scott, saffy, smith and costigan, how bout the next tier down forwards like prior and weyman? They played in the gf too. And we even let these two lower tier forwards go and replaced them with nuffies like Harrison, ah mau, alioma?

pinkmoon

Juniors
I don't think Weyman was ever a 'tier down' forward.
He was prime beef for us.

Definitely prime beef in 09/10, but he was pretty ineffective by the time he left. It was a shame because at his best, he was an excellent footballer. The leg speed he possessed to wedge in behind the markers was crucial to our go forward in the march to glory. I was also disappointed for Horse when he had to leave the field in the GF, because he was such a big part of everything we did that year, he probably doesn't remember much of the apex.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I don't think Weyman was ever a 'tier down' forward.
He was prime beef for us.

I don't think so either, however he is never mentioned in the same breath as Scott, Smith & Costigan. Point is, even at only 60%, he would certainly be more effective than Hunt, Harrison or Ah Mau.

Old Bull

Juniors
Marquee forward , just ask Doust.
He'll be there until he retires..

Dan Hunt is signed to 2016 5year contract back them.Mary was always going to bring Hunt back for his 150th game.One for the boys club an it back fired on him.Mary might have lost me on that poor decision .

Como Connection

First Grade
Dan Hunt is signed to 2016 5year contract back them.Mary was always going to bring Hunt back for his 150th game.One for the boys club an it back fired on him.Mary might have lost me on that poor decision .
"Not might have," he has failed the team by picking Hunt to keep the Illawarra Old Boys Club happy, disgrace I say !!

Minh

First Grade

His credibility as a coach took a massive hit.

rasaint

Juniors
I wish Dan the very best for his life going forward. Unfortunately he IMO has never been effective since his Achilles injury in 2010. Prior to that he really could bend and bust with hit ups.

I must admit I thought we couldn't win when Dan ran out last Sunday. Not long after 2 penalties and an ineffective and seemingly distracted tackle on Segearyo was the issue.

Dan is probably tacking a slab of the cap and doubt he will ever do much for the years ahead.However, good luck to him

Minh

First Grade
I wish Dan the very best for his life going forward. Unfortunately he IMO has never been effective since his Achilles injury in 2010. Prior to that he really could bend and bust with hit ups.

I must admit I thought we couldn't win when Dan ran out last Sunday. Not long after 2 penalties and an ineffective and seemingly distracted tackle on Segearyo was the issue.

Dan is probably tacking a slab of the cap and doubt he will ever do much for the years ahead.However, good luck to him

Spot on rasaint.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Mary was always going to bring Hunt back for his 150th game.One for the boys club an it back fired on him.Mary might have lost me on that poor decision .

This is the reason why the new coach needs to come from outside the organisation, because they won't give a toss about the boys club. If they deem a player unworthy of selection, or even a contract, the players "standing" within the player ranks is not going to matter a pinch. Mary knows Hunt is one of the boys, and a protected species at the club, but the new coach won't care for any of that crap because the foundation of this new player/coach relationship will be laid on its merits, not on precedence. We need this across the board in all facets of the organisation.

Mr Red

First Grade

So expect a contract extension announcement sometime mid 2015.... :(

Latest posts