What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson to coach Parra???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
PB said:
Coaching Update

A rare hello to you all.

I was speaking to a member of the Dragons coaching staff over the weekend. HE was telling me that when MArk Riddell was signing up they told him the following.....

Director of Coaching: B.Smith
Head Coach: D.Anderson
1st Assistant Coach: P.Sharp

Gee Parramatta and Brian Smith must be an aweful place to be if all these people keep coming back........

Maybe the players are coming beacause they knew Brian wasn't going to be coach.

Anyway, this setup sounds great to me.

Suity

just like the Newcastle players who signed knowing Robson would only last 3 matches :p

True EEL

Bench
yeah but Colonel,

Bob Fulton and people like that are also in the mix out there and from a far it seems as though Fulton is almost a "silent" coaching director????

anyway, i think all in all a change like this should be a positive step, as long as the head coach, if it is Anderson is allowed to be the head coach and is not just a puppet and that if BS is eased back as a coaching director he does take a back seat to the operations and does just direct or coordinate the coaches......

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Suitman said:
PB said:
Coaching Update

A rare hello to you all.

I was speaking to a member of the Dragons coaching staff over the weekend. HE was telling me that when MArk Riddell was signing up they told him the following.....

Director of Coaching: B.Smith
Head Coach: D.Anderson
1st Assistant Coach: P.Sharp

Gee Parramatta and Brian Smith must be an aweful place to be if all these people keep coming back........

Maybe the players are coming beacause they knew Brian wasn't going to be coach.

Anyway, this setup sounds great to me.

Suity

just like the Newcastle players who signed knowing Robson would only last 3 matches :p

Yeh, bit of a shock that one.
1 win this weekend and we could possibly be back in the top 10.

It is sacrilidge to leave Shearer on the bench. ;-)

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
If the Anderson rumour eventuates, I expect an announcement after the Cayless, and PJ Marsh announcements.

Avenger

Immortal
May be an announcement soon. Fingers crossed. (Especially if we get thrashed on Sunday)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
May be an announcement soon. Fingers crossed. (Especially if we get thrashed on Sunday)

is it only a gut feeling?? or do have more info that you can't reveal?

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
Avenger said:

is it only a gut feeling?? or do have more info that you can't reveal?

I have a slight feeling under my sixpack. ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Anderson's got the tri-series to worry about at the moment. If he is coming, wouldn't it make more sense (and be less controversial re: Smith) for the club to announce it after the NZ tests are over?

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
Anderson's got the tri-series to worry about at the moment. If he is coming, wouldn't it make more sense (and be less controversial re: Smith) for the club to announce it after the NZ tests are over?

very good point.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if there's no announcement by Christmas it's not going to happen.

strider

Post Whore
Go Nulla said:
What about Chris Anderson ?

What about NO!

The players would die of the culture shock....Smith = Mr Discipline; Chris Anderson = Mr Ill-Discipline

Iafeta said:
Hillary was a homeboy so to speak but still conquered Everest. The All Blacks regularly conquered from NZ. So did Team NZ. I work for a company that employs 40% Kiwis, and I can say those blokes give their 100% each and every day in a lot of hard physical labour.

SOME are lazy, but then again so are some Australians. Thats just a madly unrealistic generalisation.

Some of us Australians are good looking AND lazy!

Rednecked Yobbo said:
Anyone have Phil Economidis number?

Personally though, if Smith is removed as head coach, I'd like to see JT given a crack.

I reckon a lot of people might wanna lay claim to the job if it was to come up. Daniel Anderson, JT, Peter Sharpe, Dean Pay all have connections to Parramatta and the credentials to give it a crack. Who would/should get it? Tough call.

eelavation said:
* Was Wilso pushed???

Nope. Asked him that myself, and he just wants to spend time with his young family. Being part of a professional football club is a demanding thing.

eelavation said:
* will Matt Cameron, Kieron Dempsey, Craig Catterick and Mark Horo keep their jobs?

I'd say yes.

eelavation said:
A major restructure is probably taking place as we speak!!
Wouldn't be too sure about that