What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Fitzhenry

Palms

Juniors
In a strange kind of way I hope he does give him the Fui chop..

Last game with Fitzy at 5/8 for a while anyway..Marshall back after the bye thank Christ! The problem with your post BJM8, especially the last bit is that he already had a whole season under his belt at 5/8 for the tigers a few years back

bjm8

Juniors
true, but what i mean is that you cant expect him to perfect the role in his first game back there in awhile can you, especially when hes been chopping and changing back and forth this year with benji in and out.

Young Elias

Juniors
He's a great winger! He knows where to stand to finish off a sweeping Tigers backling movement and get the ball over the line.

He isn't about to get the West Tigers try scoring record cos he's sh*t.

He aint no 5/8 though. Would love to hear why Sheensy has him there from the man himself.

Nightstalker

Juniors
There is nothing wrong with Fitzy. He has matured significantly over the past 2 seasons and is showing that he is a decent NRL player.

He was excellent for us in the last half of last year, has been OK this year.

Unfortunately for us he isn't a 5/8, no way is he a 5/8! when he plays on the wing he plays well for us.

Makes Brett Finch look like a lengend? Clearly the person who said that has no idea about anything to do with rugby league.

He, Morrison and Riddell are the three forwards I love watching - always gove 100%, always aggressive and never give up.

yeh too bad u cant say the same about morrison's attitude still cant believe the way he left balmain :roll:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Fitzhenry at 5/8th... how about Amos Roberts at halfback? That occured in 2004. Surprisingly, we lost.

You guys beat us with Roberts at half and Luke Lewis at five-eighth, that was embarassing.

The worst player in the NRL confirmed why he is disparaged by his own fans.

2 teams played an entertaining game of football that was marred by Fitzhenry 's presence.

It was disappointing that he was there in the first place, it was even more depressing to see him fall off the tackle so feebly, it was absolutely gut-wrenching to watch him miss a tackle on the despicable, swindling and treacherous Morrison.
As much as I hate this guy even more than Greg Cox, Jamie Corcoran, Terry Lamb and James Gannon (think I got them all in!), I admit that he had an awesome game. Same for all the Para forwards.
Oh well Morrison will have his day.

Nook

Bench
Fitzhenry isn't the worst player in the competition - far from it. He's fine as a finishing winger, most of the time.

However, he's the worst five eighth or replacement five eighth by a considerable distance.

Completely stifles attack. In our last two games, we've had a few real purple patches in offence, during which Fitzhenry didn't touch the ball. Then he got involved and killed us.

It's not a good look. But tonight it was exaccerbated by his woeful defence 3 in from the sideline.

If Sheens uses him there again this year, he is dead set kidding. Put Galea there, put Hodgo there, put f**king Ben Reynolds there, but not Fitzy.
Sheens is a great coach and he knows his stuff by he's got a blind sport the size of Nathan Hindmarsh's arse when it comes to Fitzy as a first grade stand-off.

Kingytek

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Or what about Fitzhenry at hooker rotating with De Gois?

Farah to half, Prince to five-eighth. Too far fetched?

This would work in benji's absense! Farah- 7 Prince - 6 and Isaac - 9

Kingytek

Juniors
Nightstalker said:
There is nothing wrong with Fitzy. He has matured significantly over the past 2 seasons and is showing that he is a decent NRL player.

You family or something?

colonel_123

Juniors
Kingytek said:
This would work in benji's absense! Farah- 7 Prince - 6 and Isaac - 9

I don't think that's the option. Prince is too important as a half-back and more importantly Farah is far too valuable in the number 9.

Better option would be to bring up one of the premier league or Flegg boys. Probably time to give one of them a run.

hybrid_tiger said:
I hear Souths want to buy back the farm. He'd fit in nicely there.

I am sick to death of him.

He'd fit in nicely in the Wests Tigers team of 2003.

It's just a shame that everybody else has progressed since those dark days.

1. Caine
2. Bradley- Qalilawa
3. O'Halloran
4. Wilson
5. Miles
6. FITZY MAN
7. Withers

That's where you belong Fitzy, with your mates. It would be like old times again, you could roll in a grubber for Wilson to score to make it 4-28 with a kick to come.
To me, Fitzy embodied the Radisson Maine ethos.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
TV Ted Ellery said:
He'd fit in nicely in the Wests Tigers team of 2003.

It's just a shame that everybody else has progressed since those dark days.

1. Caine
2. Bradley- Qalilawa
3. O'Halloran
4. Wilson
5. Miles
6. FITZY MAN
7. Withers

That's where you belong Fitzy, with your mates. It would be like old times again, you could roll in a grubber for Wilson to score to make it 4-28 with a kick to come.
To me, Fitzy embodied the Radisson Maine ethos.

So true.

When Sheens came he swept the carpet and weeded out the rubbish. Somehow, Fitzhenry slipped the broom.

He is the weakest link in our side and needs to go. I can't work out why Sheens doesn't see this?

Michaelson

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
So true.

When Sheens came he swept the carpet and weeded out the rubbish. Somehow, Fitzhenry slipped the broom.

Well he certainly didn't beat the broom with his evasive step...

Kid

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
What is this? A fitzy revolt? Werent you guys singing his praises not long ago?
Not really. There is a core group who seem to think his sh*t doesn't stink. Then there are the rest of us who have said all along he is the worst 5/8 to ever play 1st grade. Funnily enough, we will tolerate him on the wing, but thats not good enough for them either. Anyway, me thinks with his contract up, plenty of young kids really starting to push for 1st grade and Souths wanting to buy back the farm, Fitzy should be in the red and green next year ;-)

The sad part of it all, it's not really his fault. he just plays where he is picked. If the master coach has 1 blemish with us, it's that he continually picks this bloke at 6.