What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darling Harbour to Bankwest

Thanks for the information! Am I right in thinking that if I buy my tickets prior to the game I would travel back by train for free? I will still take the ferry the plan is to spend a couple of hours in Parramatta pre game. Watched the game at the weekend the stadium looks amazing.
That ferry trip will take a few hours. It's a fairly slow boat, especially between Gladesville and Parra. It's not unheard of to find a Taxi that is willing to turn it's meter off and do the trip for a reduced set price but don't rely on it. If the driver looks like he is from the Middle East or the Sub Continent, he will be much more likely to agree to this IMO.

hindy111

Post Whore
Thanks for the information! Am I right in thinking that if I buy my tickets prior to the game I would travel back by train for free? I will still take the ferry the plan is to spend a couple of hours in Parramatta pre game. Watched the game at the weekend the stadium looks amazing.

Can also get the light rail fro, darling harbour to central then pick up a fast train to Parra

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am visiting Australia for origin game one and spending a week in Sydney prior to Brisbane. I will be attending the Parramatta Souths game on the 31st of May. My hotel is on Darling Harbour would the ferry to Parramatta and a taxi back be the way to travel? Any help would be most appreciated.
Don't stay at Darling Harbour mate. Rose Hill is much nicer. You could stay at the four star Mercure, which is within walking distance of Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral, Elizabeth Farm and Hooters. You could even walk to the Stadium in 20 minutes if you hook in.

Don't stay at Darling Harbour mate. Rose Hill is much nicer. You could stay at the four star Mercure, which is within walking distance of Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral, Elizabeth Farm and Hooters. You could even walk to the Stadium in 20 minutes if you hook in.
I agree with everything except the 20 min walk. Even if hooking in. That will require a solid jog.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree with everything except the 20 min walk. Even if hooking in. That will require a solid jog.
He would obviously need to have a go.
giphy.gif

I still maintain that you can not achieve it in 20 mins without jogging some of the way. I have had a few mates live over that way over the years and know the area well. I'm willing to put $100 on it and prepared to accompany anyone to prove or disprove it. The bonus for anyone who wan't to accept that challenge is that i'll prbably have coronary heart failure trying to keep up with you. And none of this charity shit either. Winner shouts first 5 rounds at the leagues club.