What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Senter Retires

Eddie.

Bench
goangod said:
Eddie. said:
Goangod Please mate come to us with the facts

Who has given away more penalties this year Sattler or Senter???

As pointed out before, Senter has been here for more than ONE year einstein.

Who is the captain who winges after every penalty Sattler or Senter???

LOL. That is the Captain's JOB. Sattler whinges after penalties - Senter causes the penalties. That is the difference.

Every bloody player in the game works players over in tackles :lol: f**king hell its not touch.

Then why do opposition players HATE him Eddie? Answer me that. Why do they RESPECT a tough player like Tallis but HATE Senter?

And who the hell supported Terry lamb, you trying to claim you were the only one who said he would be a failure, give me a break and stop wraping yourself.

I am saying that I got criticised for not supporting the club when Lamb was here as well. Simple. Exactly the same things that are being said now were being said then.

And you are a bandwagon supporter, here within 5 minutes of a bad loss and no where to be seen after a few of our good perofrmances this season.

This is for you and MightTiger who do not seem to understand the term:

bandwagon

n 1: a popular trend that attracts growing support; "when they saw how things were going everybody jumped on the bandwagon" 2: a large ornate wagon for carrying a musical band; "the gaudy bandwagon led the circus parade"

A bandwagon supporter is one who joins a club just because they are doing well and leaves when they are doing poorly.

FFS - do you people even think or just spew out the first crap that comes into your heads?

Get up on Sunday and boo Senter on to the field hero.
Thank God it's the last time I will see that tosser in Tigers colours at Leichardt.

Um Senter is the captain, and you will find that Sattler has given away far more penalties. :roll:

has there been anything good to come out of the season?,

I dont care what the term is, but your in here in all your glory after a loss yet no where to be seen after victories.

Jux

Juniors
I thought you would have appreciated my reference to ' a fisher of men' ???

Oh well ........

tigpie cam

Juniors
mighty tiger you are an absolute tool,all you have in response to goangods facts are personal attacks....grow up.
i dont know who goangod is and i dont give a rats ass but he has absolutely nailed you in every conversation. A simple fight of facts vs personal attacks,you are truly pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirty tactics.......correct me on this if i am wrong but was it not senter who spat on steve walters a while back???????

Gus22

Juniors
tigpie cam said:
correct me on this if i am wrong but was it not senter who spat on steve walters a while back???????

I thought that was Jacin Sinclair.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tigpie cam said:
mighty tiger you are an absolute tool,all you have in response to goangods facts are personal attacks.

Maybe you should read my posts more carefully - personal attacks no asking for facts yes all of which he has failed to provide us with and something he requested we use in arguments against him - maybe he should practice what he preaches ;-)

tigpie cam said:
A simple fight of facts vs personal attacks,you are truly pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have myself and other supporters asked goangod to provide ???? STATS ??? what has he failed to provide ???? STATS!!!

Show me an example of any "stats" that goangod has provided us...............we will wait with baited breath :roll:

A simple fight of facts vs personal attacks if you look back on this topic I think you will find I was the only person to provide any stats what so ever :roll:

How about you read the posts again before you post something next time gerbil ;-)

Vicious

Bench
Love him or hate him,Darren Senter has always been a great competitor,a very tough and uncomprimising footballer,a great clubman for Balmain and the Wests Tigers and overall he`s been a much better than average footballer!Even with him the Wests Tigers are lacking players of his aggressive intimidating nature so he is no doubt going to be missed,however given his age retiring was definately the right decision for both himself and the club.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Love him or hate him,Darren Senter has always been a great competitor,a very tough and uncomprimising footballer,a great clubman for Balmain and the Wests Tigers and overall he`s been a much better than average footballer!Even with him the Wests Tigers are lacking players of his aggressive intimidating nature so he is no doubt going to be missed,however given his age retiring was definately the right decision for both himself and the club.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very well said Vicious!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Hollywood was once voted in the RLW poll, the most hated oponent, from memory. That was probably because he is tough, uncomprimising, and loved his club. You can't ask more from your captain than that. And if you want cold, hard proof, watch any of his games. Not pure genius, but pure toughness.

Vicious

Bench
I just hope Hollywood does get a job on the coaching staff where he has a lot of input and can hopefully install his no nonsense aproach into our up and coming players!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
I just hope Hollywood does get a job on the coaching staff where he has a lot of input and can hopefully install his no nonsense aproach into our up and coming players!

He has been offered a position as a trainer at this stage ;-)

Also found this at

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10355080-23214,00.html

Senter chasing finals farewell

HAVING decided to retire, Wests Tigers captain Darren Senter has dedicated himself to leading the joint venture to its first finals appearance.

After 10 years and more than 200 games with Wests Tigers and Balmain after two seasons with Canterbury, Senter knows "it's the right time to go".

"I didn't want to be here a year too long. I did not want to get to the stage where I was worried about being good enough to hold my spot," Senter said.

The Tigers, 10th on the premiership table and just two points outside the eight, will wear a traditional Balmain jumper when they meet South Sydney, in what will be Senter's farewell to Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

"The last time I played in a finals series was in 1993 with Canterbury and there would be nothing better than getting there with this side. I won't be holding back," Senter said.

"We are wearing a strip with the famous Balmain vees on Sunday and it will be, sadly, my last match at Leichhardt."

His team-mates were incredulous when he informed them at training yesterday that this season would be his last.

"A couple of the boys were in shock. I think they thought I was going to play forever," he said.

A constant, in what has at times been a rocky union between Balmain and Western Suburbs, Senter is in discussions with management about remaining with the club in some capacity.

"I am in discussion with the club regarding my 'after footy' career and am very excited about the new challenges ahead. I certainly want to remain around the club which has moved forward brilliantly in the past two years," he said.

daslacker

Juniors
I don't care if senter was a niggaly sorta player.In fact i like a player
to get in the face of the opp.I find it funny last year some people wanted
senter to retire and to me he was one of our best.I think he deserved a
send off from a home crowd.He was injured last year so the fans couldn't
give him the send off he deserved.I was happy that he got a one year
contract for this year.

I agree with some of what goangod has had to say.I want us to be a
powerhouse club.To me dummy half has been one of our weekest area's
on the field this year so i welcome a change.This year i think senter
and mears have been mediocre at best playing wise,that show alot
of passion for the jeresy.But to be a top team we need more than
passion.

I am glad somewhat that both mears and senter are not playing for
us next year and can't wait for a change.But i do wish both senter and
mears all the best.There attitude and efforts will be sorely missed
Both deserve a decent sendoff for there efforts in some grim times.

innsaneink

Referee
Code:
I am glad somewhat that both mears and senter are not playing for 
us next year and can't wait for a change.But i do wish both senter and 
mears all the best.There attitude and efforts will be sorely missed 
Both deserve a decent sendoff for there efforts in some grim times.
Where is Mears going?